Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects

who should we get to replace jane's!

the beach boys
3%
banana republic (oh it's a store?)
No votes
X
14%
ryan seacrest...face it it would be way less gay then 2012 jane's (you can also vote here if you were offended that i said gay)
10%
U@ lawl did that on accident...
No votes
the beatles
10%
the doors ( think of how much cooler jane's would be today if perry had just died/vanished like jim did!)
17%
cold pl...i mean radiohead
7%
led zep
17%
pixies
21%

Total votes: 29

JOEinPHX

Re: lets replace jane's...it would be magic

#26 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:15 pm

The sign of the apocalypse is when i say something nice about Etty.

We're still fine everyone.

CaseyContrarian

#27 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:22 am

When it comes to long-held resentments, backstabbing, drama, mental issues and a prolonged diminishing of quality and output, you can't top the Beach Boys.

Also, I know as much about them as JA. So switch this fucker, already! New name for the site is Until I Die dot org.

trevor ayer

#28 Post by trevor ayer » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:57 am

CaseyContrarian wrote:When it comes to long-held resentments, backstabbing, drama, mental issues and a prolonged diminishing of quality and output, you can't top the Beach Boys.

Also, I know as much about them as JA. So switch this fucker, already! New name for the site is Until I Die dot org.

wa? ... u no like kokomo? .. heretic!!!! :bigrin:

SR

#29 Post by SR » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Jack White

Hokahey
Site Admin

#30 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:33 pm

If I legit was ever going to do another site it would be Arcade Fire.

Xizen47

#31 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:27 pm

SR wrote:Jack White
Yes!

been lovin me some Blunderbus :rockon:

JOEinPHX

#32 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:43 pm

I find Jack White very... nondiverse.

No matter what band he's doing, it just kind of sounds like him.

He needs to put out a metal record or something.

Juana

#33 Post by Juana » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Xizen47 wrote:
SR wrote:Jack White
Yes!

been lovin me some Blunderbus :rockon:
I still have it sitting on a shelf un-opened been so stoked about Fun Fun Fun Fest and those groups that I have not had time to listen to it.

blackula

#34 Post by blackula » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Until Avery stabs and bites Chaney at a Jane's show my vote is for the Cro-Mags!

http://stereogum.com/1086712/the-cro-ma ... -the-beef/

kv

#35 Post by kv » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:46 pm

fuck ya cro-mags it is

JOEinPHX

#36 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:37 am

Cro Mags aren't a shitty punk band are they?

Juana

#37 Post by Juana » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:42 am

blackula wrote:Until Avery stabs and bites Chaney at a Jane's show my vote is for the Cro-Mags!

Yep that is legit. :rockon:

As for whether they're a punk band or not the former bass player stabbed and bit the current one meaning way more animosity than EA and Janes

JOEinPHX

#38 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:25 am

The Queensryche split is a damn interesting read as well

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=176587

"Egomaniac frontman ruins band" should be the headline on this one. Jesus christ. Sound exactly like what happened with Jane's.

Juana

#39 Post by Juana » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 am

Six7Six7 wrote:The Queensryche split is a damn interesting read as well

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=176587

"Egomaniac frontman ruins band" should be the headline on this one. Jesus christ. Sound exactly like what happened with Jane's.
Yeah there is a lot of back in forth I saw that on blabbermouth the band's kids are getting involved :lolol:

JOEinPHX

#40 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 am

Seriously, take 45 minutes and read that. It's a pretty awesome documentation of what is going on.

The frontman and his wife have been going out of their way to steal all the power and do embarrassing cabaret shows and shit for years, and the rest of the band finally fired their asses for it.

blackula

#41 Post by blackula » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Cro Mags aren't a shitty punk band are they?
They very much are. The epitomy of the whole late 80's toughguy NYC Hardcore.

According to witnesses the original bass player was outside the club pacing and saying that the band can not play songs that he wrote without him so he stormed in with a knife, stabbed the guitar player and stabbed the bass player who replaced him and then bit his face. They've reunited and broken up, they are celebrated for their orignal output from the late 80's, the singer and bass player hate each other, now the stabbing. They're like Jane's on steroids and bath salts.

Pandemonium

#42 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Juana wrote:
blackula wrote:Until Avery stabs and bites Chaney at a Jane's show my vote is for the Cro-Mags!

As for whether they're a punk band or not the former bass player stabbed and bit the current one meaning way more animosity than EA and Janes
Someone on one of my other band lists is friends with the bass player who got stabbed (who was actually just filling in this show for the band's current regular bass player Craig Setari) and knows to various degrees everyone else in or connected with the band. Guy was stabbed 3 times and got a lung punctured but fortunately no other organs injured. Harley is well known in the NY hardcore community as a unstable psychotic. One story goes that years ago he was preaching the whole "straight edge" shtick but was shooting heroin and smoking pot before a show in Detroit. At some point during the show, after being heckled, he flipped out and got into a fight with audience members. Later that night, he stabbed the guitarist for the band Heresy.

Pandemonium

#43 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Seriously, take 45 minutes and read that. It's a pretty awesome documentation of what is going on.

The frontman and his wife have been going out of their way to steal all the power and do embarrassing cabaret shows and shit for years, and the rest of the band finally fired their asses for it.
I have little familiarity with Queensryche other than seeing them once open for Metallica at the height of their creative peak with the Operation Mindcrime album in the late 80's. I think the band's creative success relied primarily on the original guitarist Chris DeGarmo(sp?) who left in the mid 90's which coincided with the band's plummet into Who-Gives-A Fuckville. Otherwise, the singer Geoff Tate is the only identifiable talent they've had. This bit from earlier this year were he berates the audience for being lackluster is pretty funny:

Juana

#44 Post by Juana » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Juana wrote:

Someone on one of my other band lists is friends with the bass player who got stabbed (who was actually just filling in this show for the band's current regular bass player Craig Setari) and knows to various degrees everyone else in or connected with the band. Guy was stabbed 3 times and got a lung punctured but fortunately no other organs injured. Harley is well known in the NY hardcore community as a unstable psychotic. One story goes that years ago he was preaching the whole "straight edge" shtick but was shooting heroin and smoking pot before a show in Detroit. At some point during the show, after being heckled, he flipped out and got into a fight with audience members. Later that night, he stabbed the guitarist for the band Heresy.
He's just channeling his inner Sid Vicious, but yeah it does suck that someone got stabbed but the levels of animosity between the singer/bass player is insane.