Please don't fuck up the forums

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Larry B.

Re: Please don't fuck up the forums

#81 Post by Larry B. » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Human... selling... animals... must... restrain self... verbal attack...

:banghead: :balls:

Juana

#82 Post by Juana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Larry B. wrote:Human... selling... animals... must... restrain self... verbal attack...

Larry the asking price is typically all the medical care, food and if they want breeding rights. If they don't want breeding rights then we only recoup the monies spent on vet and food costs. But typically people want the papers on them as well and that is when we charge. If its going to be a pet home then fine but if they want papers and breeding rights they have to pay extra.

MYXYLPLYX

#83 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Juana wrote:
Larry B. wrote:Human... selling... animals... must... restrain self... verbal attack...

Larry the asking price is typically all the medical care, food and if they want breeding rights. If they don't want breeding rights then we only recoup the monies spent on vet and food costs. But typically people want the papers on them as well and that is when we charge. If its going to be a pet home then fine but if they want papers and breeding rights they have to pay extra.

...as it should be. :thumb:

SR

#84 Post by SR » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Hoka, Creep ( :jasper: ) are you emulating the 5 minute rule for edits on posts

Bad call.

:lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#85 Post by creep » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:42 am

SR wrote:Hoka, Creep ( :jasper: ) are you emulating the 5 minute rule for edits on posts

Bad call.

:lolol:
:noclue: it's set to 30 minutes

Juana

#86 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Its more fun to not edit when people are drunk innerwebbin

kv

#87 Post by kv » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:25 pm

ya but then the board owner gets all pissy when "someone" calls-> (rhymes with eddie) a ->( rhymes with bunt) and can't edit the post...next thing you know we're all back at mikes tring to get the address to whores version 8.35

:drink: :kv:

Juana

#88 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:08 pm

kv wrote:ya but then the board owner gets all pissy when "someone" calls-> (rhymes with eddie) a ->( rhymes with bunt) and can't edit the post...next thing you know we're all back at mikes tring to get the address to whores version 8.35

:drink: :kv:

Well shit happens I supposed, hypothetically I would imagine that with "someone's" comment or not we would have eventually been looking for Whores V 8.35

kv

#89 Post by kv » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:46 pm

oh no doubt...he was lit to pop and nobody was gonna stop...

Juana

#90 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Don't stop till you get enough :banana:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#91 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:57 am

Satansgopherboy wrote:'
i also love the word cunt
I suppose it depends on it's use, but most women find it highly offensive in my experience so I'd suggest not using it. Sonny let things go a little too far in this regard and then he snapped. I'd rather be a big bad mean forum admin than have a board no one wants to post at because of the childish BS.

Bandit72

#92 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:00 am

hokahey wrote:
I suppose it depends on it's use, but most women find it highly offensive in my experience so I'd suggest not using it.
Why not just say see you next Tuesday?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#93 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:06 am

Bandit72 wrote:
hokahey wrote:
I suppose it depends on it's use, but most women find it highly offensive in my experience so I'd suggest not using it.
Why not just say see you next Tuesday?
:hs:

Bandit72

#94 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:11 am

C U Next Tuesday

Larry B.

#95 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:13 am

or "see you next Tuesday, cunt".

Bandit72

#96 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:25 am

You coming over? :hehe:

Romeo

#97 Post by Romeo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

I am not overly offended by the word.
However I do suspect any man who needs to use it a lot in reference to women is definitely a misogynist

Larry B.

#98 Post by Larry B. » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:56 am

You were close, but actually, the best use is this:

Pandemonium

#99 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Heh, I never bothered to keep up on this particular thread the past week or so until this evening. Now I get the sensitivity to the dreaded c-word when I used it in the Ozzy/Black Sabbath thread.

That said, I still think no words should be "unacceptable" so long as they're not directed at other members of this board or not used to purposely and directly offend another member.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#100 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 am

Pandemonium wrote:That said, I still think no words should be "unacceptable" so long as they're not directed at other members of this board or not used to purposely and directly offend another member.
I have to disagree. Some words are extremely offensive to certain groups of people. I've seen what happens on a board that tries to experiment with too much freedom. It turns in to a pretty terrible place to visit.

Pandemonium

#101 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:35 am

hokahey wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:That said, I still think no words should be "unacceptable" so long as they're not directed at other members of this board or not used to purposely and directly offend another member.
I have to disagree. Some words are extremely offensive to certain groups of people. I've seen what happens on a board that tries to experiment with too much freedom. It turns in to a pretty terrible place to visit.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for moderation on a board like this. The real problems crop up when you have an individual or several people who consistently go for personal attacks, pushing other member's buttons, etc. You start pre-emptively catering to the perceived sensibilities of members on the board, it's going to lead to problems. The Jane's board that devolved into the Hello Kitty shithole did so because of the overall tone and a few significant posters there, not because of the language.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#102 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 am

Pandemonium wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for moderation on a board like this. The real problems crop up when you have an individual or several people who consistently go for personal attacks, pushing other member's buttons, etc. You start pre-emptively catering to the perceived sensibilities of members on the board, it's going to lead to problems. The Jane's board that devolved into the Hello Kitty shithole did so because of the overall tone and a few significant posters there, not because of the language.

It's a word I'm personally uncomfortable with. Again, my goal with this board is to emulate the boards I enjoy visiting. They tend to get a lot of traffic and most visitors respect and appreciate the rules. While all of those boards allow "controversial" language, none allow words that are generally used to demean a segment of people. I like that. The overall tone of those boards are one of maturity and respect. Adults having adult conversations that aren't always appropriate for all ages but to a passerby aren't going to potentially come across like a bunch of 13 year olds making fun of people. Is it okay to sit around flinging around the N word? No. No reasonable person would say it is. I can promise you that many women find the C word as equally offensive, so why don't we just avoid it as respectful adults?

Plus, it's a word that has often been used in a demeaning manner towards Etty and I'd like to see this community carry itself a little better than that. We lose all credibility as critics when we pepper our thoughts with crap like that.

Larry B.

#103 Post by Larry B. » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 pm

so, if somebody calls another user a donkey, will you ban him/her? if somebody calls another user a nigger? a whitey? a fag?

Bandit72

#104 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Let's not call anyone anything too derogatory on here. I like the members because

a) They have knowledge

and

b) They make me laugh

I wouldn't like to see anyone getting banned for being a retard.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#105 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:55 pm

Larry B. wrote:so, if somebody calls another user a donkey, will you ban him/her? if somebody calls another user a nigger? a whitey? a fag?
Is donkey a widely recognized pejorative? I don't think so. So no, I wouldn't imemdiately think "that crosses the line" if someone called someone else that here. The other words would likely result in a ban.

If you're trying to rehash what happened with you and ES, unless you made it a point to explain you found the donkey jokes bothersome you can't turn around and suddenly use a word everyone knows is offensive and expect no retribution. I can understand though that you wouldn't want your culture insulted, and I was with you on that.

As far as banning, I'd really like to avoid it if at all possible.