High Quality YouTube

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: High Quality YouTube

#26 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 pm

You're right bman.

I can see it now though..

"My voice is shot from last night's show, so i better up the theatrics. Where's my cape?"

:lol:

bman

#27 Post by bman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:16 pm

I think Perry got invisible braces! Imagine he was singing with the real ones!

CaseyContrarian

#28 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:14 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
creep wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Yep. I almost walked out at the NIN/JA show I saw.
come on now. no one believes that.
Truth. It broke my fucking heart. Perry was in full Liberace mode, and I think they were tuned down the full step, which just sounded like shit. I hung out with them backstage before the show for at least an hour, so I was really hoping it would be good. I actually did leave early, as a matter of fact, during Summertime Rolls (second-to-last song).

I was depressed for days.
How did u get to hang with them? I want real details.
I work with rock stars.

CaseyContrarian

#29 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:30 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
creep wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Yep. I almost walked out at the NIN/JA show I saw.
come on now. no one believes that.
Truth. It broke my fucking heart. Perry was in full Liberace mode, and I think they were tuned down the full step, which just sounded like shit. I hung out with them backstage before the show for at least an hour, so I was really hoping it would be good. I actually did leave early, as a matter of fact, during Summertime Rolls (second-to-last song).

I was depressed for days.
How did u get to hang with them? I want real details.
I work with rock stars.
Was there to say hi to Morello and Boots, who we go back with; met the JA gang in '90, and took the opportunity to shoot the shit for a while. Eric was really great. Dave is pretty open. Perry was already in Liberace mode. Someone cracked a joke about getting Etty her Clonopin or whatever.

blackula

#30 Post by blackula » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:09 am

bman wrote:Strange. I was 5th row at Jones Beach for Ninja and thought it was one of the better Janes shows I've seen.
Musically I thought they played great. My seats were up high so the sound got weird at times, but that's Jone's Beach. The higher and further away you are the more the wind is a factor. I didn't think they were too good because of the talk/singing. Three Days and ANR were the worst with that. I also feel that seated venues such as ampitheatres suck the life and energy out of a performance. Add to that a slightly sludgier sound due to being tuned down a step and a singer who talks lyrics and it does not make for a memorable show. I still love them, and they have been awesome since then at other shows I've seen since.