The Official Xiola.org review

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: The Official Xiola.org review

#176 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
sonny wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Or an album to record, or albums by other artists to release, or a class to teach on the entire industry, or music-tech policy to craft, or any of the hundreds of other things that actually matter in the world? Nah. I wanna stay here and get your hackles up.
you might want to check yr on hackles, Mrs. Plath.
I think you think I'm a lady. Which is adorable.

Sonny, Sonny, Sonny. What is it you are trying to accomplish here? We are all so very understanding of your point of view. Do you want to wreak vengeance upon a board that isn't operated by you? Or is this just pure entertainment? (I confess to being quite entertained). We're here to help.

CaseyContrarian

#177 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
sonny wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Read through some of the threads a bit more thoroughly before proclaiming yourself the sole martyr of the TGEA he-man haters club.
look, flat top, you twist words. i'm only saying you shouldn't be afraid to say dave sitek should die a painful death for encouraging this album, without the positive ninnies crying.

i never said i was the only one. you said that.

i never said i was a hater and i shouldn't be labeled as such.

read yrself, son.
Why would I say Sitek should die a painful death for his contributions to the album? I don't have that much love and certainly not bile invested in this band at this point to go off like that even if I thought this was the absolute worst stinking turd ever pressed to plastic. And FYI, check your archives on your old site, you'll find I was among the first to hammer the band (and Sitek) for bringing in some "hip" alterna-song doctor to help these guys get something done.
Actually, as I said in another thread, one of the several things I agree with Sonny is that I think the band should not rely on song doctors or "writing partners." If Perry wasn't a dick, maybe EA could've stayed on and provided a certain spark to the original creative unit. The fact that there was an Ezrin credit, or a Duff credit or a Sitek credit is appealing and SHOULD make us realize that what we once cherished is long, long, gone. But that still doesn't mean we can't enjoy a note or two of whatever the fuck the spent fumes of JA manage to fart out.
but is anyone really enjoying it? really? who's putting this record on repeat?

show yrselves.

i am. Seriously.

I fucking love it.
I meant "appalling," not "appealing." DYAC.

sonny

#178 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
sonny wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Or an album to record, or albums by other artists to release, or a class to teach on the entire industry, or music-tech policy to craft, or any of the hundreds of other things that actually matter in the world? Nah. I wanna stay here and get your hackles up.

Sonny, Sonny, Sonny. What is it you are trying to accomplish here? We are all so very understanding of your point of view. Do you want to wreak vengeance upon a board that isn't operated by you? Or is this just pure entertainment? (I confess to being quite entertained). We're here to help.
it is what you make it. entertainment will do.

if i'm wrecking anything, i apologize. definitely not my intentions.

i realize what i'm doing. i know telling people they can't do something is irritating as shit. the crazy part is they feel the need to tell me i can't tell them that, as if i had any kind of real control over what they can or can't do.

so i say you can't like this album and ritual/shocking. so? i mean, really, so? who am i?

so i blame sitek for this whole catastrophe of an album. so? so?

pull yr panties from yr ass and do whatever you want to do. you wanna dance to 'twisted tales', go right ahead. even if it means yr gay, you go right ahead and do it. :wink:

CaseyContrarian

#179 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:47 pm

sonny wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
sonny wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:

it is what you make it. entertainment will do.

if i'm wrecking anything, i apologize. definitely not my intentions.

i realize what i'm doing. i know telling people they can't do something is irritating as shit. the crazy part is they feel the need to tell me i can't tell them that, as if i had any kind of real control over what they can or can't do.

so i say you can't like this album and ritual/shocking. so? i mean, really, so? who am i?

so i blame sitek for this whole catastrophe of an album. so? so?

pull yr panties from yr ass and do whatever you want to do. you wanna dance to 'twisted tales', go right ahead. even if it means yr gay, you go right ahead and do it. :wink:
We're gay. But only for you, Sonny. :love:

sonny

#180 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
sonny wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Read through some of the threads a bit more thoroughly before proclaiming yourself the sole martyr of the TGEA he-man haters club.
look, flat top, you twist words. i'm only saying you shouldn't be afraid to say dave sitek should die a painful death for encouraging this album, without the positive ninnies crying.

i never said i was the only one. you said that.

i never said i was a hater and i shouldn't be labeled as such.

read yrself, son.
Why would I say Sitek should die a painful death for his contributions to the album? I don't have that much love and certainly not bile invested in this band at this point to go off like that even if I thought this was the absolute worst stinking turd ever pressed to plastic. And FYI, check your archives on your old site, you'll find I was among the first to hammer the band (and Sitek) for bringing in some "hip" alterna-song doctor to help these guys get something done.
Actually, as I said in another thread, one of the several things I agree with Sonny is that I think the band should not rely on song doctors or "writing partners." If Perry wasn't a dick, maybe EA could've stayed on and provided a certain spark to the original creative unit. The fact that there was an Ezrin credit, or a Duff credit or a Sitek credit is appealing and SHOULD make us realize that what we once cherished is long, long, gone. But that still doesn't mean we can't enjoy a note or two of whatever the fuck the spent fumes of JA manage to fart out.

show yrselves.

i am. Seriously.

I fucking love it.
yeah, but you liked the panic channel like it was the second coming. you called perry all kinds jew slurs, while singing isaacs praises. yr taste can't be trusted. you have no taste.

sonny

#181 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:i find it ironic that sonny shut down his board because of supposed fighting and negativity, and then we start this one where everyone is getting along... and he comes along to stir up a bunch of fighting and negativity.

You are message board poison, sir.
pot calling kettle black, sir. could jasper please step in here and remind six7six7 who he is?
Jasper and i are homies now.
no yr not. he follows you around and tells you what yr doing wrong. that's not "homies", that's nagging.
No he doesn't.

We cool.

uh, yeah he does.

sonny

#182 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:50 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote: We're gay. But only for you, Sonny. :love:
goddamn right.

and twisted tales, because it's catchy. if he it keeps repeating in my head after i stop listening to it, that must mean i like it. :balls: :lolol:

JOEinPHX

#183 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:51 pm

sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:

show yrselves.

i am. Seriously.

I fucking love it.
yeah, but you liked the panic channel like it was the second coming. you called perry all kinds jew slurs, while singing isaacs praises. yr taste can't be trusted. you have no taste.
Feel free to link me to the post where the offending slur happened and i will gladly apologize for it.

Deconstruction

#184 Post by Deconstruction » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:52 pm

sonny wrote:
Deconstruction wrote:
sonny wrote:
Deconstruction wrote:Again, you're being a closed minded self righteous ass. So you are saying anybody who likes the new record isn't a real Jane's fan and can't grasp what Jane's is? Get off your high horse, we all listen to the records and no fan is better than any other fan. These guys are in their 40's and 50's, they're never going to make music that sounds like Ritual/Nothing's Shocking, even if Eric had made a new record with them. I have no problem with some pop influences coming, I think Perry has some killer melodies on the album, I don't give a fuck if they're pop or whatever. I like The Great Escape Artist, like I said it's fine that you don't like it, I disagree with some people here about their favorite/least favorite tracks, but you need to get over the fact that there are actually people who like the record. You aren't going to change anyone's mind, give it a rest.

Also Sonny, I'm not into many of the bands or records you listed (outside of the Chili Peppers, I prefer old Radiohead).
it's not about better or real fans. i wouldn't consider myself a real fan anymore. i always have to say i'm a fan of the original line up. which is a pain.

i'm saying how can you like ritual/shocking albums, and also say you like this album? forget all the excuses about it not being the original jane's or perry is 52 now, blah, blah, blah.

i'm not going to change anyone's mind, not trying. i'm only saying, do you really think this is a good album? or is it "good enough, considering the alternative is the panic channel and satellite party" or is it good enough compared to "applause for you"?

it's ok to not like this record. it doesn't make you bitter or a hater. it's just a matter of taste.
Because I like the songs. Words Right Out of My Mouth has a great riff and catchy melody, it rocks and I love the breakdown and Dave's solo. I love Underground, a creative melody from Perry with good lyrics, great playing from Dave. I'll Hit You Back has a beautiful riff from Dave and a really nice melody from Perry, and the story behind the song about Perry and his stepmother makes it an interesting story. I also like Twisted Tales, End To The Lies, and Broken People. IF is a good song outside of the lousy first verse, but the song sounds better in the context of the album. Ultimate Reason is decent, not big on Splash A Little Water Yet either. I don't like Curiosity Kills. Get it now? I'm not making excuses for any of them, this is an album of music, I listened to it and like quite a few tracks on it, the end. Your negativity and differing opinion won't change mine, just like my positive opinion on the album won't change yours. Why don't you accept this and just drop it and stop being so fucking self-righteous.

BTW Sonny, I don't get how you can like NS/RDLH and not like The Great Escape Artist :cool:
you should be shot for liking twisted tales, son. you should probably do it yrself, but if you can muster the courage to do so, please ask the nearest person to do so.

"catchy melody"?? are you on crack?? did you just say a jane's addiction song has a "catchy melody". you do now that commercial jingles have "catchy melodies". yr next bit of proof that it's good would be to say "it's got a nice beat and you can dance to it."

please go repost some news about courtney love on yr grunge site or review the foo fighters new catchy melodies.
Why don't you go blow Eric Avery, you old hick hipster. You should be shot for liking Radiohead's King of Limbs, total pussy sounding album with no sense of melody. Thom Yorke looks like a faggot in that dancing video. I enjoy nice melodies in songs, sorry I don't listen to your piece of shit electronic hipster crap. I like most of Perry's lyrics too on the album, barring some stuff in ETTL and IF. So is any song with a sense of melody a "commercial jingle?" Why don't you go write something better, since you seem to know everything about songwriting.

I will go post on my successful website, while you post on your egomaniac self serving Xiola blog that nobody reads about what a bitter cynical asshole you are and about your shitty taste in music.

Happy trollin' Sony :rockon:

Kajicat

#185 Post by Kajicat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:52 pm

sonny wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
sonny wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
sonny wrote:..."catchy melody"?? are you on crack?? did you just say a jane's addiction song has a "catchy melody". you do now that commercial jingles have "catchy melodies". yr next bit of proof that it's good would be to say "it's got a nice beat and you can dance to it."
News for you: A good deal of Jane's songs have a "catchy melody". Summertime Rolls? Classic Girl? Been Caught Stealing? Jane Says? City? Maceo? Stop!? etc.

Oh, and I regularly do tribal dancing to Chip Away. If I really wanted to, I could dance to Thank You Boys, Jane Says, Standing in the Shower...Thinking, Idiots Rule, Of Course, No One's Leaving, and more.

Sonny you've absolutely lost it man. And I seriously feel for you because I know how much the band meant to you. If you have to, listen to TGEA while imagine Jane's circa 1986 performing it live at some special secret show on Mars that only you were invited to or something. It might help :noclue:
i only meat it was a shallow description to call a song "catchy"...

nickelback and 3 doors down, write "catchy" music.

lil' john writes songs to "dance to".

when's the last time you "tribal danced" to chip away?

here is the latest jane's addiction record, you can sing along to it's catchiness and dance to it's busting beats. :lol:
Primus' newest single "Tragedy's a Comin'" is pretty damn catchy. Big deal. Tomorrow is Saturday. Tomorrow I will dance to Chip Away. :ele:
what song isn't catchy? what song isn't danceable? to someone. that is my point.

it's like saying i like the song because it has a heavy guitar or because it opens with the bass. it's shallow meaningless descriptions that could be applied to nearly any song.

you can't say you like a jane's addiction song because it's "catchy", i forbid it. :lol:

someone please tell this girl?
Not all music is "catchy". This song isn't catchy at all but I still think it's wonderful:

I can't imagine anyone snappin' their fingers or tappin' their foot to that. And if anyone is dancin' to it they are probably high on some crazy shit! I get your point though, but I don't think it's a very good one. If this board existed in 1990 and we were all talking about Ritual I could see someone saying a song like "Been Caught Stealing" is "catchy". Get me?

CaseyContrarian

#186 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:54 pm

sonny wrote:
goddamn right.

and twisted tales, because it's catchy. if he it keeps repeating in my head after i stop listening to it, that must mean i like it. :balls: :lolol:
By the way, I'm watching Radiohead do King of Limbs songs live in studio on Palladia right now, and it's EXCELLENT.

sonny

#187 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:

show yrselves.

i am. Seriously.

I fucking love it.
Feel free to link me to the post where the offending slur happened and i will gladly apologize for it.
no need. the fact that you like this record only proves my case.

sonny

#188 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Kajicat wrote: Not all music is "catchy". This song isn't catchy at all but I still think it's wonderful:

I can't imagine anyone snappin' their fingers or tappin' their foot to that. And if anyone is dancin' to it they are probably high on some crazy shit! I get your point though, but I don't think it's a very good one. If this board existed in 1990 and we were all talking about Ritual I could see someone saying a song like "Been Caught Stealing" is "catchy". Get me?
sweety, surely you aren't that thick headed. it's a generic description. it is common among many songs, commercial jingles. it is therefore generic enough that it means nothing at all.

catchy song does not equal good, by any means.

go ask yr mother to slap you.

sonny

#189 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
sonny wrote:
goddamn right.

By the way, I'm watching Radiohead do King of Limbs songs live in studio on Palladia right now, and it's EXCELLENT.
again, goddamn right it is.

now, when yr done, go watch jane's addiction performing "irresistble force". :yikes:

CaseyContrarian

#190 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:02 pm

sonny wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
sonny wrote:
goddamn right.

again, goddamn right it is.

now, when yr done, go watch jane's addiction performing "irresistble force". :yikes:
I have, and no fucking thank you.

JOEinPHX

#191 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 pm

sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:

show yrselves.

i am. Seriously.

I fucking love it.

The fact that i like this record proves that i make racial slurs?

You are hilarious my good sir.

sonny

#192 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Deconstruction wrote:
sonny wrote:you should be shot for liking twisted tales, son. you should probably do it yrself, but if you can muster the courage to do so, please ask the nearest person to do so.

"catchy melody"?? are you on crack?? did you just say a jane's addiction song has a "catchy melody". you do now that commercial jingles have "catchy melodies". yr next bit of proof that it's good would be to say "it's got a nice beat and you can dance to it."

please go repost some news about courtney love on yr grunge site or review the foo fighters new catchy melodies.
Why don't you go blow Eric Avery, you old hick hipster. You should be shot for liking Radiohead's King of Limbs, total pussy sounding album with no sense of melody. Thom Yorke looks like a faggot in that dancing video. I enjoy nice melodies in songs, sorry I don't listen to your piece of shit electronic hipster crap. I like most of Perry's lyrics too on the album, barring some stuff in ETTL and IF. So is any song with a sense of melody a "commercial jingle?" Why don't you go write something better, since you seem to know everything about songwriting.

I will go post on my successful website, while you post on your egomaniac self serving Xiola blog that nobody reads about what a bitter cynical asshole you are and about your shitty taste in music.

well, that hurt my feelings. pussy? faggot?

i just love that "catchy" song "free credit report dot com" who sings that? catchy is the new grunge!

sonny

#193 Post by sonny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:

show yrselves.

i am. Seriously.

I fucking love it.

the fact that you like this new JA album, proves it sucks. :banghead:

JOEinPHX

#194 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:15 pm

sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

i am. Seriously.

I fucking love it.

the fact that you like this new JA album, proves it sucks. :banghead:
Image :blah:

Deconstruction

#195 Post by Deconstruction » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:32 pm

sonny wrote:
Deconstruction wrote:
sonny wrote:you should be shot for liking twisted tales, son. you should probably do it yrself, but if you can muster the courage to do so, please ask the nearest person to do so.

well, that hurt my feelings. pussy? faggot?

i just love that "catchy" song "free credit report dot com" who sings that? catchy is the new grunge!

chaos

#196 Post by chaos » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:i find it ironic that sonny shut down his board because of supposed fighting and negativity, and then we start this one where everyone is getting along... and he comes along to stir up a bunch of fighting and negativity.

He did not come here and post his review, you did (hence this ridiculous thread)- and you introduced it in a way where it would be inevitable that it would devolve into this crap.

Forge

#197 Post by Forge » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:13 pm

chaos wrote:

He did not come here and post his review, you did (hence this ridiculous thread)- and you introduced it in a way where it would be inevitable that it would devolve into this crap.
Only if "inevitable" means that sony was so stupid he took the bait. :drink:

kv

#198 Post by kv » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:17 pm

jesus christ

sonny if anyone acted like you are here at xiola you would have wtf banned them...

everyone else sonny is looking for a fight ( don't ask me why) don't give him one

JOEinPHX

#199 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:38 pm

yep he's trolling. i think he's butthurt about a lot of stuff right now. But he'll get over it.

kv

#200 Post by kv » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:54 pm

ya all the venting is prob helping in some way