leak it already!

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Kajicat

Re: leak it already!

#26 Post by Kajicat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:03 pm

I won't be listening to the leak. Will just wait until it comes out, buy it at my local ma & pa record store, then listen to it in full while going through the booklet. That's my ritual when getting new music. Love reading the credits/looking at the art while listening.

JOEinPHX

#27 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Kajicat wrote:I won't be listening to the leak. Will just wait until it comes out, buy it at my local ma & pa record store, then listen to it in full while going through the booklet. That's my ritual when getting new music. Love reading the credits/looking at the art while listening.
You may want to avoid this place for about a week. :lol:

Kajicat

#28 Post by Kajicat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Kajicat wrote:I won't be listening to the leak. Will just wait until it comes out, buy it at my local ma & pa record store, then listen to it in full while going through the booklet. That's my ritual when getting new music. Love reading the credits/looking at the art while listening.
You may want to avoid this place for about a week. :lol:
Yeah I was thinking about that...maybe it will be fun to hear what people have to say before I hear it, or maybe I should just stay away for awhile. Not sure yet. I'll probably lurk around, but if I get the feeling shit is getting completely ruined for me then I'll just stop coming for a week.

Warped

#29 Post by Warped » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 pm

I'll get it as a birthday gift from my hubby i am sure - combined with breakfast in bed and something more....hope it'll be a good soundtrack. :hehe:

Tyler Durden

#30 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:11 pm

That's been my ritual since the 80s*

*With band's that are still good.

Larry B.

#31 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Smokestack wrote: I always liked the hyperleaked ending to True Nature. I'd take a whole album that sounds like that ending.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

blackcoffee

#32 Post by blackcoffee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Sonic Boom in Ballard....

Larry B.

#33 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Smokestack wrote: I always liked the hyperleaked ending to True Nature. I'd take a whole album that sounds like that ending.
:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:
In fact, I liked it so much, that I actually keep it in my iPod. Yes, just the ending: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2365081/12%20I% ... ing....mp3

Matz

#34 Post by Matz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:27 pm

that ending sucks I can see why they didn't end up using. The one on Strays is way better, not that I can actually remember what it sounds like cause it's been too long since I listened to it, I just remember it's better, the breakdown is great in that song too. Probably the best part of the whole song

Tyler Durden

#35 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Matz wrote:that ending sucks I can see why they didn't end up using. The one on Strays is way better, not that I can actually remember what it sounds like cause it's been too long since I listened to it, I just remember it's better

JOEinPHX

#36 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
In fact, I liked it so much, that I actually keep it in my iPod. Yes, just the ending: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2365081/12%20I% ... ing....mp3
All the "fat" they trimmed was the flavor of the songs.

AdmitI

#37 Post by AdmitI » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
It's a way better ending! Thanks for posting the MP3 :thumb:

Larry B.

#38 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:45 pm

:wiggle:

I've actually listened to that bit waaay more times than any song in the album.

Kajicat

#39 Post by Kajicat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:58 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
I prefer Easy Street Records in West Seattle (it's 2 blocks from where I live). But yes Sonic Boom is good. :tiphat:

blackcoffee

#40 Post by blackcoffee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Kajicat wrote:
blackcoffee wrote:
I prefer Easy Street Records in West Seattle (it's 2 blocks from where I live). But yes Sonic Boom is good. :tiphat:
Guess it will be somewhere downtown where we meet for the Seattle listening party....

krakle

#41 Post by krakle » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:27 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Matz wrote:that ending sucks I can see why they didn't end up using. The one on Strays is way better, not that I can actually remember what it sounds like cause it's been too long since I listened to it, I just remember it's better
ugh, I didn't read the original post until I saw your facepalm. just awful! :balls:
Larry B. wrote:In fact, I liked it so much, that I actually keep it in my iPod. Yes, just the ending: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2365081/12%20I% ... ing....mp3
thanks. I don't remember the drums sounding so shallow though... just checked my hyperleaked version but it's the same. maybe that has something to do with them not including it on the final cd. it's a shame anyway.

Truth23

#42 Post by Truth23 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Is there anyway to download that ending of True Nature?

Larry B.

#43 Post by Larry B. » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Truth23 wrote:Is there anyway to download that ending of True Nature?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2365081/12%20I% ... ing....mp3

:tiphat:

jptm

#44 Post by jptm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:04 pm

so, searching for 'the great escape artist' on google---says at the bottom that 1 has been omitted for the DMCA blahblahblah...

BUT, that means there is a leak now out there; probably.

happy hunting! :) :wiggle:

Diabolik

#45 Post by Diabolik » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:29 pm

just sayin, when it does leak if someone PM's me that would be sweet.

blackcoffee

#46 Post by blackcoffee » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:32 pm

I saw on google that two songs were on youtube...but then the account was closed. It must be out there now.

Oh. Nevermind. More fake b.s.

Mescal

#47 Post by Mescal » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:27 pm

If someone has it, it would be very generous to forward it to me :dunce:

AdmitI

#48 Post by AdmitI » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:32 am

Mescal wrote:If someone has it, it would be very generous to forward it to me :dunce:
Me too! Thanks! :thumb:

judah

#49 Post by judah » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:40 am

oh my life - that ending is awesome! never heard it before. thanks for posting. it actually sounds like jane's addiction. weird and dark and cool!

just sayin' if anyone has a leaked verion they want to send my way it's be muchly appreciated! :banana:

there i did it - i used the dancing babnana

bman

#50 Post by bman » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:21 am

I think it leaked it today. Look at you tube.