Jane's Fall Club Tour

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Re: Jane's Fall Club Tour

#126 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 am

chaos wrote:Irresistible Force in Law & Order SVU Season 13 Promo:

I was going to mention that but I couldn't remember the name of the show. I was thinking it was CSI (or what I like to call "Scooby-Doo for Adults").

Jasper

#127 Post by Jasper » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Why this upsets people, I'll never know. This is a commercial, mainstream band making commercial mainstream music. Get over it.

creep
Site Admin

#128 Post by creep » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:30 pm

If janes only did corporate gigs and festivals then I would have a problem with it. now that they are doing some lower priced club shows they can do all the big money shows they want as long as they do both. It will be interesting to see where they play when they tour the album.

wally

#129 Post by wally » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:54 pm

nobody here would turn down a gig for FB/spotify. you'd be a fucking fool to.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#130 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 pm

It's hard to begrduge them making money at this point in their careers, especially with where the industry is as a whole. I'll be happy if they avoid licensing to commercials. Movies and TV aren't bad. Hell, Sympathy was in Alien Nation during OG Jane's heyday. And yeah, the corporate gigs and big festivals aren't bad when they also play clubs for the fans.

JOEinPHX

#131 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:57 pm

i honestly don't really care who they play corporate gigs for, or who they license their songs to.

It's not like they were ever one of those bands that wrote a "stairway to heaven" anyway to be ruined.

Jane's was always just flying under the radar, and it's still few and far between their songs appear anywhere public. Whatever keeps them together to put out an album once a decade i guess.

Matz

#132 Post by Matz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:23 pm

wally wrote:nobody here would turn down a gig for FB/spotify. you'd be a fucking fool to.
exactly what I was thinking, I think there could be a hypocrit or two on this board

Sue

#133 Post by Sue » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Romeo wrote:Ok so that's
Google
LG
Facebook/Spotify

Cash in now honey....
at least they are choosing lucrative technology companies, could be worse--some bands get reduced to pimping out third rate companies for a pittance. Since they're going that route, I hope they make a lot of $ now, the more they make the more freedom they will have to be creative in the future and not have to worry about paying the bills. :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#134 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Remember that time Perry did that advertisement for that garden center?

Artemis

#135 Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Sue wrote:
Google
LG
Facebook/Spotify

Cash in now honey....
at least they are choosing lucrative technology companies, could be worse--some bands get reduced to pimping out third rate companies for a pittance. Since they're going that route, I hope they make a lot of $ now, the more they make the more freedom they will have to be creative in the future and not have to worry about paying the bills. :noclue:
According to the website Celebrity Net Worth,PF is worth $55 million. I think he can keep Etty in hand bags for quite some time with that. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#136 Post by creep » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:12 pm

No way he is worth that much

MYXYLPLYX

#137 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Yeah, I'm sure most of that is counting his interest in Lollapalooza... he would only realize the bulk of that if he sold his interest outright.

creep
Site Admin

#138 Post by creep » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm not sure perry owns too much of lollapalooza anymore.

MYXYLPLYX

#139 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 pm

creep wrote:I'm not sure perry owns too much of lollapalooza anymore.
Even a relatively small percentage, taken over 20, 30, or even 50 years would be worth quite a bit... and that's likely what it would cost to buy him out. :noclue:

MYXYLPLYX

#140 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 pm

http://blog.sfgate.com/culture/2011/09/ ... ard/?tsp=1
Then, maybe slightly tipsy, Farrell leaned toward the audience, “You know what it’s all about? F— money.”
:fear:

Artemis

#141 Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:06 pm

“How we convinced four of the biggest artists in the world to do this in less than 48 hours is a mystery,” marveled Parker, who was famously portrayed as a drug-addled egomaniac by Justin Timberlake in the film “The Social Network.”
:lol: yeah what a my$tery.

JOEinPHX

#142 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:42 am

did anyone watch the iheartradio thing?

what did they play?

Romeo

#143 Post by Romeo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:33 am

Artemis wrote:
Sue wrote:
Google
LG
Facebook/Spotify

Cash in now honey....
According to the website Celebrity Net Worth,PF is worth $55 million. I think he can keep Etty in hand bags for quite some time with that. :lol:
you are all assuming they will be creative. At anytime :lol:

If being creative is making more overly produced songs that can be used as TV theme songs then YES they are right on track :tiphat:

chaos

#144 Post by chaos » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Spotify/FB Party:

Deconstruction

#145 Post by Deconstruction » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 pm

chaos wrote:Spotify/FB Party:

Wow he didn't lip sync the chorus, and it sounded fine!

Pandemonium

#146 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:42 pm

chaos wrote:Spotify/FB Party:

The song still needs work but they're improving with every performance of it. That said, I don't think it's ever going to be a highlight of any Jane's show... it just seems to plod, live.

chaos

#147 Post by chaos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:44 am

http://pulse.sfstation.com/2011/09/23/r ... e-killers/
There’s no denying that Napster co-founder and Facebook collaborator Sean Parker knows how to throw a party. Following the F8 conference last night he brought Snoop Dogg, Jane’s Addiction and The Killers together for an exclusive show in SF.

He somehow forgot to send the invite to SF Station for the party at 1401 16th Street, around the corner from Thee Parkside, but I was able to straighten it out at the door after hanging in the lot with a few kids from the East Bay who were there hoping to get a glimpse of their favorite rock stars. The show was kept under wraps until late in the day, when it was leaked to local bloggers and radio stations.

Inside, It was quite the spread. The warehouse was transferred into a nightclub setting with couches and chairs, a larger bar serving only top-self booze and two secondary bars by the stage. Caterers lined the walls near the entrance, with two roasted hogs and an assortment of meats on one side and a seafood buffet with lobster, Dungeness crab, clams, crawfish and a crew making sushi on the opposite side.

Brandon Flowers and company (not the usual cast from The Killers) started the night conservatively with a stripped-down run through the band’s hits, plus a cheesy take on “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay.”

Jane’s Addiction followed and Perry Farrell and Dave Navarro kicked up the energy with their classics “The Mountain Song,” “Caught Stealing,” “Stop” and their new single “Irresistible Force.” It was more than just a quick paycheck for Farrell, who toyed with the audience, playfully stealing an iPhone from one of the many glittering ladies in attendance and taking a sip of a Moscow Mule from the crowd.

And he hasn’t lost his hedonistic ways. Farrell teased the audience about the anti-social qualities of Facebook and asked if San Francisco is still the same: “Do you still like to watch each other fuck?” and “You can still only do it one way” as he dry humped the air.

The set ended with Parker joining Farrell on stage, and the two exchanging generous swigs from their drinks—Farrell red wine and Parker a nice bottle of brown liquor (probably bourbon or scotch). “This is my friend for life,” Farrell said.

After a long break and a set from Kaskade, Snoop hit the stage with his posse (including a homeboy in a moose costume with a blue Crip rag), running through his hits from the 90s to the present for the tony, mostly white crowd.

He threatened to light a joint: “There’s a lot of millionaires in here, who’s going to bail me out?” And, with that, I bailed on the party, ears ringing with a mini ice cream cone in hand from a server passing on the way out—one last indulgence in a night full of excess.

Pigs in zen.

The timeless rock god, Dave Navarro.
The view from the stage.

Artemis

#148 Post by Artemis » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:18 am

chaos wrote:
Pigs in zen.

:lolol: :thumb:

blackula

#149 Post by blackula » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm not the preachy sort of vegetarian, but.......you'd fucking eat that?????

Anyway, will we ever get an Irving Plaza confirmation and ticket news?

kv

#150 Post by kv » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:01 pm

yes you are...and in a hot second