Billboard Listening Party: New Album/Tour Details

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: Billboard Listening Party: New Album/Tour Details

#51 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:16 pm

hokahey wrote:I wonder if Broken People really is about Xiola.
Those people were dicks. I am glad that place is gone :lol:

CaseyContrarian

#52 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:I don't understand how people can say that "Irresistible Force" sounds like U2. That would imply that it is good. :hehe:
You can copy a good sound badly. This is not to say that I consider U2 or Coldplay to be good sounds. U2 has some tolerable stuff, but while we're on the subject, you keep surprising me with your middle-of-the-road music listening. :hehe:
I grew up. Not to mention, music doesn't have to be "cutting edge" to be good. To me, that is the problem with music that is popular among hipsters today. It is weird or "cool" for the sake of it...without a lot of it actually being memorable or good. Aside from that, I'm 37...I've seen a million bands come and go; I have no interest in purchasing/downloading or even listening to music that doesn't have any kind of longevity. 15-20 years ago, I was discovering new (read hip) music daily; I just don't have the time or patience for that anymore. As well, U2 was "alternative" or whatever when I was a kid.

I saw Counting Crows in concert last year and loved every fucking minute of it. :flip: I'd rather hear something that is coming from a GENUINE place and sounds middle of the road, than something that sounds "cool" and is totally shallow and transparent. :idea:
I'm 37, too, and you had me until "I saw Counting Crows last year." There is, and never will be, any reason to tolerate that band's existence, in any form, at any time. They are exemplars of everything that is douchey in music, and have always been.

Still love your posts, though, and I'm sure we have other sounds in common.

Artemis

#53 Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Tyler, as one of your countrywomen, I must tell you that your admission to seeing AND liking the Counting Crows is embarrassing. :lol:

AdmitI

#54 Post by AdmitI » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Underground is an old song... Perry played it live at Coachella in 2008. I recorded it if anbody here wants a copy, PM me... it's not a good recording, but you'll get an idea of what the song sounds like. I like it and it sounded good live.

Tyler Durden

#55 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:46 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:I'm 37, too, and you had me until "I saw Counting Crows last year." There is, and never will be, any reason to tolerate that band's existence, in any form, at any time. They are exemplars of everything that is douchey in music, and have always been.
Artemis wrote:Tyler, as one of your countrywomen, I must tell you that your admission to seeing AND liking the Counting Crows is embarrassing. :lol:
I don't care. I think they are awesome. Kind of like R.E.M. meets The Jayhawks.

This song rules. Ignore at your own peril.

JOEinPHX

#56 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Tyler Durden

#57 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
I've always hated that song.

That being said, I think they have tons of great songs.