Vegas Odds

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
guysmiley

Vegas Odds

#1 Post by guysmiley » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm calling it. The guys don't make another album, and are done in 2014. Any takers? They may surprise me by kicking the shallow carcass down the road for a few more years. But still, hollow carcass..... I just see little interest and lots of talk on Perry's part and a seemingly lack of interest on Dave's side. The sad thing is I'm just here for the train wreck. I haven't cared for much of what they've done for the past 2 years.

krakle

Re: Vegas Odds

#2 Post by krakle » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Is it worse than the annual Aspen NYE money grab?

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:28 pm

They'll do another one. But it certainly won't be in 2013 and the rest of the band certainly won't go along with Perry's ridiculous idea to turn it into the Mr. Roboto stage show 2013

2015 maybe? or maybe an EP in 2014.

But yeah, nothing this year at all. No way.

PerryEt-Ty will probably release another single/remix EP though. And Perform at this year's Lollapalooza again on Perry's stage (which is the electronic music stage for those of you who haven't been there), because after Glitch Mob and before Daft Punk, kids want to see PerryEt-ty

Pure Method

#4 Post by Pure Method » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:03 pm

I kinda thought the band was on hiatus or constructively broken up anyway.

Artemis

#5 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:48 pm

i thought this was a thread aboUt the odds of JA having a stint in Vegas. :lol:

I recently read that Britney Spears will be doing about 40 shows on the weekends.

blackula

#6 Post by blackula » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:50 pm

No new album; Dave and Stephen will find Perry's ideas too cooky. Maybe a one off show for the money, possibly a quick summer ampitheatre 90's tour. Nothing after this summer. Then in 2015 they will release a single with Pete on 2nd guitar and it will rock. They will finally do what we've all been hoping for and tour with Pete but it will suck because Perry's voice will be 55, 56? and will not sound that good. One last wasted opportunity. We'll all bitch after seeing Jane's with Pete and complain that it would've been awesome in 2010 when Perry could still more or less deliver live.

krakle

#7 Post by krakle » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 am

Artemis wrote:i thought this was a thread aboUt the odds of JA having a stint in Vegas. :lol:
it is not? I thought that kind of entertainment would be the only future for JA.

Artemis

#8 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 pm

since we are talking about vegas odds, what are the odds of people spending $2000 for a weekend in Vegas with Daniel Ash?

maybe JA should do something like this:
Peter Murphy may be hitting the road this spring with an all-Bauhaus show, but his former bandmate Daniel Ash is offering fans a far more rare and intimate — albeit considerably more pricey — experience in the form of “Truth Be Told,” an all-inclusive Las Vegas weekend of music, dining and conversation this May that will set fans back at least $2,000.

For that price, though, fans will receive luxury hotel accommodations for the May 2-4 event, transportation, several parties and dining experiences with Ash, a “private Q&A session” and the main attraction: a private concert in a Las Vegas mansion, at which Ash will perform material from Bauhaus, Tones on Tail and Love and Rockets, as well as his solo career, with a three-piece band.

Tickets for “Truth Be Told with Daniel Ash” — put on by Inside the Music, which promoted Murphy’s similar but twice-the-price “Miracula Sessions” last year — will be sold through a silent auction that runs online from March 6 through April 17; bidding begins at $2,000 (and does not include airfare), and the 30 highest bidders above that amount will receive tickets to the event.

Fans who can’t or aren’t willing to pony up that much do have an option, though: The event’s promoters are raffling off a single pair of tickets plus lodging and $500 toward airfare to Las Vegas. To enter, fans can buy $65 raffle tickets from March 6 through April 17 on Inside the Music’s website.

Finally, Ash plans to donate an unspecified amount of his proceeds toward creating a music rehearsal space for children in the Los Angeles area. According to the event’s promoters, “When he was growing up, it was always a problem for them to find space where the noise wouldn’t bother parents. So he’s going to use some of the proceeds from this event to provide that space for his hometown.”
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/0 ... las-vegas/

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 pm

I'd love to see Ash in a small club one more time but the weird uber-fan party things seem like what anyone in the LA area could do with him for free the past few years.

Pandemonium

#10 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Speaking of these Las Vegas celebrity shwings, Peter Murphy did one last year through the same promoter/company. This was the result:

http://getinsidethemusic.com/photogallery.html

Maybe with the right musicians and right crowd in a much looser setting it might be a fun thing but the photos and most of the porky, pasty gothoids give this one a bit of a creepy vibe.

CaseyContrarian

#11 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:47 am

Pandemonium wrote:Speaking of these Las Vegas celebrity shwings, Peter Murphy did one last year through the same promoter/company. This was the result:

http://getinsidethemusic.com/photogallery.html

Maybe with the right musicians and right crowd in a much looser setting it might be a fun thing but the photos and most of the porky, pasty gothoids give this one a bit of a creepy vibe.
And not the creepy vibe Peter Murphy prefers to cultivate.