Jane's - 1.5 Hour Set Length/No Recording

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Jane's - 1.5 Hour Set Length/No Recording

#76 Post by creep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 pm

and someone with some computer skills can make their own all access pass.

bman

#77 Post by bman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Too funny! I'm DEFINATELY going cold turkey from this site till my shows. Bubba the Clown, Bears, Strippers...this could be a fun show!

Pandemonium

#78 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Bahh, I was doing the Bear thing when Janes was still playing clubs.

Jammyshill

#79 Post by Jammyshill » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 am

Jane's Escapist setlist (stolen from JA.org). I like it, but plenty won't...

http://janesaddiction.org/img/tour/2012 ... etlist.jpg

CaseyContrarian

#80 Post by CaseyContrarian » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Jammyshill wrote:Jane's Escapist setlist (stolen from JA.org). I like it, but plenty won't...

Other than ANR, I don't hate it. Woulda preferred SALWOI over Words, though.

Let's all just take a minute to thank Etty for allowing Classic Girl and I Would for You into the set. Seriously.

Although I do feel somewhat bad for Casey if she has to hear about this version of JA dusting off songs that were really truly for her, and in many ways, hers. Maybe she'll think it's awesome or stupid, who knows?

creep
Site Admin

#81 Post by creep » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:13 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Although I do feel somewhat bad for Casey if she has to hear about this version of JA dusting off songs that were really truly for her, and in many ways, hers. Maybe she'll think it's awesome or stupid, who knows?
i'm sure she is flattered. everyone has moved on apparently so it's nice to have songs about you that are still performed.

i also agree that anr needs to go.

JOEinPHX

#82 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:40 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Jammyshill wrote:Jane's Escapist setlist (stolen from JA.org). I like it, but plenty won't...

Other than ANR, I don't hate it. Woulda preferred SALWOI...
Ouch. No.

Just call it "Splash" haha
Let's all just take a minute to thank Etty for allowing Classic Girl and I Would for You into the set. Seriously.
Thank you Etty. :rockon: :ns:

Juana

#83 Post by Juana » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Yeah the set list isn't terrible I want them to play a local show now but I can always fly to LA for one too

ant

#84 Post by ant » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Just watched this clip of Twisted Tales. I don't usually get into the Perry slagging but t's lame that he isn't even really singing the recorded melody on the new tracks and the backing tracks are lame. I was pretty impressed but the setlist that was posted and was almost thinking I might check if there was show near me coming up but then I watched this clip.

Larry B.

#85 Post by Larry B. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 pm

ant wrote:Just watched this clip of Twisted Tales. I don't usually get into the Perry slagging but t's lame that he isn't even really singing the recorded melody on the new tracks and the backing tracks are lame. I was pretty impressed but the setlist that was posted and was almost thinking I might check if there was show near me coming up but then I watched this clip.

If that's 'the best frontman in the world'... god fucking save us. I've seen drunk librarians singing with more charisma in a fucking karaoke. And you're right, that backing track is lame. The guy couldn't sing for shit.

Deconstruction

#86 Post by Deconstruction » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:04 am

ant wrote:Just watched this clip of Twisted Tales. I don't usually get into the Perry slagging but t's lame that he isn't even really singing the recorded melody on the new tracks and the backing tracks are lame. I was pretty impressed but the setlist that was posted and was almost thinking I might check if there was show near me coming up but then I watched this clip.

Glad I got to at least see Jane's in 2009 before the lip sync era started. Fucking EMBARASSING, the media needs to call Perry out on it as do fans. I'd rather hear Perry sing like shit (which he does in the verses here) than THAT.

JOEinPHX

#87 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:42 am

i just don't think he can do it. I think all the years of banshee screaming have left his voice decimated.

He doesn't even try on the first night of the tour while his voice is perfectly rested. What's going to happen after the 2nd or 3rd date in a row?

:noclue:

janesbiggestfan

#88 Post by janesbiggestfan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:45 am

CaseyContrarian wrote:

Other than ANR, I don't hate it. Woulda preferred SALWOI over Words, though.

wow dude! you are really out of the line here. he wrote the fucking songs. how come a girl he was fucking at the time, even if she was somewhat of a muse and inspiration for him would ever dream of these songs being hers? how fucked up can you be?

i mean WTF people? when i read opinions like this one i really think this community isn't of fans anymore but of fucked up resentful douchebags who nurture some imagined mid 1990 vision of jane's that is no more and to be hones never existed even back then! let it go dude, you are sick!

Matov

#89 Post by Matov » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:05 am

Hi everyone. Haven't logged on for a while...
No, don't mind me, i'm just here to see the rerun of the "eat shit and die" episode. one of my favs :kv:

Larry B.

#90 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 am

janesbiggestfan wrote:some imagined mid 1990 vision of jane's that is no more and to be hones never existed even back then!
You're right.

That's it.

It was all just mass hysteria. There was never a band. They were all rumors. There never was a relapse, because there was no addiction in the first place. All those shows? Just an empty stage and a few thousands of freaks jumping as an act of catharsis.

Thank you. I'm calling my shrinks right now, I don't need them anymore. Life is good now.

Life is good.

janesbiggestfan

#91 Post by janesbiggestfan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 am

Larry B. wrote:
janesbiggestfan wrote:some imagined mid 1990 vision of jane's that is no more and to be hones never existed even back then!
You're right.

That's it.

It was all just mass hysteria. There was never a band. They were all rumors. There never was a relapse, because there was no addiction in the first place. All those shows? Just an empty stage and a few thousands of freaks jumping as an act of catharsis.

Thank you. I'm calling my shrinks right now, I don't need them anymore. Life is good now.

Life is good.

You can try reducing it to absurd, but it's really fucked up that on a JA board, a good 1/3 of the people are hateful, resentful bitches that shit on the band no matter what they do. Don't get me wrong. Hate all you want. But why come here? Why ruin what is still precious to us, who love the band still? Dont shit where we still eat assholes!

Artemis

#92 Post by Artemis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:41 am

janesbiggestfan wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
You're right.

That's it.

Life is good.

You can try reducing it to absurd, but it's really fucked up that on a JA board, a good 1/3 of the people are hateful, resentful bitches that shit on the band no matter what they do. Don't get me wrong. Hate all you want. But why come here? Why ruin what is still precious to us, who love the band still? Dont shit where we still eat assholes!
as a longtime lurker you should know by now how people are here, so quit your kvetching.

Larry B.

#93 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:42 am

janesbiggestfan wrote: You can try reducing it to absurd, but it's really fucked up that on a JA board, a good 1/3 of the people are hateful, resentful bitches that shit on the band no matter what they do. Don't get me wrong. Hate all you want. But why come here? Why ruin what is still precious to us, who love the band still? Dont shit where we still eat assholes!
Current Jane's Addiction fans don't eat here. They can eat at ja.com or ja.org. This is where the JA community eats. Our liking of the band is hard to explain because it's closely related to a wide range of time-space conditions. You have to experience it to understand it. We came together because of them, and we grew from there. We grew beyond them. So fuck you.

janesbiggestfan

#94 Post by janesbiggestfan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 am

Artemis wrote: as a longtime lurker you should know by now how people are here, so quit your kvetching.
Yes i should have known better. But after what they have done, new setlist, old songs redeemed, almost half of new album played live to see this response is flabbergasting. I mean fuck me! What else could they have done? Jane's just can't do right for some here. Oh right I know, Perry should be 20 years younger and on heroin, maybe then the naysayers would give him a fucking break

Artemis

#95 Post by Artemis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 am

janesbiggestfan wrote:
Artemis wrote: as a longtime lurker you should know by now how people are here, so quit your kvetching.
Yes i should have known better. But after what they have done, new setlist, old songs redeemed, almost half of new album played live to see this response is flabbergasting. I mean fuck me! What else could they have done? Jane's just can't do right for some here. Oh right I know, Perry should be 20 years younger and on heroin, maybe then the naysayers would give him a fucking break
I agree that some people wish the band were frozen in time so to speak, but I think most people understand the band memebers are older, have wives, children, and other interests. I think people hold them to a high standard and are disappointed when they don't meet that standard. I think there have been postive comments too, not only critical ones.

Warped

#96 Post by Warped » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:44 am

Artemis wrote:
janesbiggestfan wrote:
I agree that some people wish the band were frozen in time so to speak, but I think most people understand the band memebers are older, have wives, children, and other interests. I think people hold them to a high standard and are disappointed when they don't meet that standard. I think there have been postive comments too, not only critical ones.
That's it.

The complaining about the setlist is indeed annoying. They changed it - and for their standards it was a major change. Bitching about that is really not justified.

Oh and Casey commented on fb "Great setlist...i must say..."

Mescal

#97 Post by Mescal » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 am

Warped wrote:
Artemis wrote:
janesbiggestfan wrote:
That's it.

The complaining about the setlist is indeed annoying. They changed it - and for their standards it was a major change. Bitching about that is really not justified.

Oh and Casey commented on fb "Great setlist...i must say..."
Voila, everybody happy!

ESY

#98 Post by ESY » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

Hell must be trying to recapture your youth every night on a stage.

JOEinPHX

#99 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm

ESY wrote:Hell must be trying to recapture your youth every night on a stage.
More like trying to live up to your own hype onstage every night. :lol:

ESY

#100 Post by ESY » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Well, I have to say, that as a 38 yr old fan that has been around since almost the beginning, it's very sad to watch. Mostly because, I really did think that PF was bigger than a nostalgia act and even bigger that JA. The name Janes Addiction used to be bigger than rock itself. Now it means flogged nostalgia. The name Perry Farrel used to mean art and danger. Now it means a man stumbling about miming to a backing track. It's inexcusable.