tour dates so far

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Larry B.

Re: tour dates so far

#201 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:19 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:can i get street cred for posting at the old ANR when i was 13? or do i get less street cred for that
You definitely get some ANR credit that you can redeem for a few weeks of hot n' suave sexy time with certain guy from Magallanes.

Hype

#202 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Is 'hot'n'suave' like a jalapeno popper? Is that what sex with Larry B is like? Really greasy and annoying, but palatable when really drunk?

Larry B.

#203 Post by Larry B. » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:30 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Is 'hot'n'suave' like a jalapeno popper? Is that what sex with Larry B is like? Really greasy and annoying, but palatable when really drunk?
Greasy yet palatable is a pretty accurate description of a few byproducts of Larry B.'s irresistible force that meets the unmovable object. Except that having sex with an unmovable object is pretty boring.

esqfool

#204 Post by esqfool » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:55 pm

You know the two times I flipped at JA shows were the only time I've done anything like that at a show. I can't even recall asscrack man Romeo. I was so severely beat down from life at that concert I don't remember anything other than the guy with the 1% shirt, the smoke alarms, and then the midgets, yes many midgets people and the seeing eye dog which pretty much shorted out my mind. Almost same thing for Sasquatch. I remember thinking this is JA 1.0 and you're so depressed you can't even get batshit crazy for it. Oh, and I'll be 31 by the time the show in St. Louis.

Jasper

#205 Post by Jasper » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Is 'hot'n'suave' like a jalapeno popper? Is that what sex with Larry B is like? Really greasy and annoying, but palatable when really drunk?
It makes you feel sick afterwards and when you go to the bathroom later it burns.

tubro

#206 Post by tubro » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:11 pm

zendo wrote:Anyone have any advice on navigating the Wellmont show in Montclair NJ. Never been to the venue and I have a GA ticket. Access to bars, good viewing spot etc...
been there a bunch of times. very cool venue. big wide floor with a big bar at the back of the floor which is actually usually a good place to watch from. for a suburban nj show in a place where the floor is considerably wider than irving, i can't imagine that you have to get there too early to have a great view at or near the rail. montclair is a pretty nice little town. people who live there swear by it as a cool place. i live in manhattan so i think its just new jersey bullshit but feeling that way about NJ is pretty much the only religion i have. there are restaurants and bars on the strip that is downtown and the theater is right in the middle of all of that. parking is sort of a bitch ...mostly little private lots where the assholes who own businesses stay around at night and sell spots for like 20 bucks. there are also a few rows of semi permanent seats at the back of the floor, raised, and in front of the bar. i'm not sure they're always there but i've definitely sat in them for general admission shows and they're nice.

oh, i'm maybe the oldest one here??? 50. been at this shit a long mother fucking time. clash at felt forum; television at cbgb, etc.

and i got my fucking foot puked on in a makeshift moshpit in the aisle of the seats next to the stage just off the floor at madison square garden once. replacements were opening for elvis costello. it was a wild little pit on stairs full of 'mats heads and it was pretty cool. we kept getting pushed and tossed around and onto the seats where people were mostly sitting waiting for elvis [whom i've always loved and who, as recently as this year, still rocked his ass off in concert, but that year he was all fat with a jerry garcia beard and singing ballads - shit show, but the 'mats were all drunk and fucked up and their small bunch of fans in the room went nuts for their set]. anyway at one point the dude sitting on the aisle had his head down like he was passed out and then - and i happened to look his way and capture this split second in real time - he just turned his head a tiny bit so it was facing the aisle and spewed all over my ankle. fucking sucked. went home from msg on the subway in bare feet that night.

zendo

#207 Post by zendo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 pm

tubro wrote:
zendo wrote:Anyone have any advice on navigating the Wellmont show in Montclair NJ. Never been to the venue and I have a GA ticket. Access to bars, good viewing spot etc...
been there a bunch of times. very cool venue. big wide floor with a big bar at the back of the floor which is actually usually a good place to watch from. for a suburban nj show in a place where the floor is considerably wider than irving, i can't imagine that you have to get there too early to have a great view at or near the rail. montclair is a pretty nice little town. people who live there swear by it as a cool place. i live in manhattan so i think its just new jersey bullshit but feeling that way about NJ is pretty much the only religion i have. there are restaurants and bars on the strip that is downtown and the theater is right in the middle of all of that. parking is sort of a bitch ...mostly little private lots where the assholes who own businesses stay around at night and sell spots for like 20 bucks. there are also a few rows of semi permanent seats at the back of the floor, raised, and in front of the bar. i'm not sure they're always there but i've definitely sat in them for general admission shows and they're nice.

oh, i'm maybe the oldest one here??? 50. been at this shit a long mother fucking time. clash at felt forum; television at cbgb, etc.

and i got my fucking foot puked on in a makeshift moshpit in the aisle of the seats next to the stage just off the floor at madison square garden once. replacements were opening for elvis costello. it was a wild little pit on stairs full of 'mats heads and it was pretty cool. we kept getting pushed and tossed around and onto the seats where people were mostly sitting waiting for elvis [whom i've always loved and who, as recently as this year, still rocked his ass off in concert, but that year he was all fat with a jerry garcia beard and singing ballads - shit show, but the 'mats were all drunk and fucked up and their small bunch of fans in the room went nuts for their set]. anyway at one point the dude sitting on the aisle had his head down like he was passed out and then - and i happened to look his way and capture this split second in real time - he just turned his head a tiny bit so it was facing the aisle and spewed all over my ankle. fucking sucked. went home from msg on the subway in bare feet that night.
Thanks Tubro!

I'll try to avoid getting yakked on! I'm looking forward to seeing them here. I'm close to your age and I find having seen them in so many combinations over the years amusing and when i get a show that delivers those spine tingling moments it makes it all worth it following this soap opera for so long. I'm making weed cookies and drinking pretty heavily for this one! :cool:

sinep

#208 Post by sinep » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:42 am

Jasper wrote:
It makes you feel sick afterwards and when you go to the bathroom later it burns.
on the topic:

i've always wondered how chipotle invented a sauce that isn't that spicy when you eat it, but burns like no other when coming out your asshole.

i love spicy food, but their spicy sauce somehow has disproportionate mouth burn to butt burn feel.

Romeo

#209 Post by Romeo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:16 am

esqfool wrote:You know the two times I flipped at JA shows were the only time I've done anything like that at a show. I can't even recall asscrack man Romeo. I was so severely beat down from life at that concert I don't remember anything other than the guy with the 1% shirt, the smoke alarms, and then the midgets, yes many midgets people and the seeing eye dog which pretty much shorted out my mind. Almost same thing for Sasquatch. I remember thinking this is JA 1.0 and you're so depressed you can't even get batshit crazy for it. Oh, and I'll be 31 by the time the show in St. Louis.
asscrack man...
Dude with long hair wearing nothing but VERY cutoff, VERY loose denim shorts & kicks. And nothing else :lol:

1% guy ruled! We could still smell the sharpy of his t-shirt design.

Janes fans are so weird. :wink:

Pandemonium

#210 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:29 am

tubro wrote: oh, i'm maybe the oldest one here??? 50. been at this shit a long mother fucking time. clash at felt forum; television at cbgb, etc.
Gotcha beat on the age thing. I'll be 53 on 4/19. Been seeing live bands since early '77.

Mescal

#211 Post by Mescal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:33 am

Pandemonium wrote:
tubro wrote: oh, i'm maybe the oldest one here??? 50. been at this shit a long mother fucking time. clash at felt forum; television at cbgb, etc.
Gotcha beat on the age thing. I'll be 53 on 4/19. Been seeing live bands since early '77.
I wasn't even born then.

My first show was Michael Jackson in '92.

Great first show to go to imo

Larry B.

#212 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 am

Mescal wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
I wasn't even born then.

I hereby declare you my new best friend. Nude pics follow.

Mescal

#213 Post by Mescal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

Larry B. wrote:
Mescal wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
I wasn't even born then.

Cool, no one ever sends me naked pics

Larry B.

#214 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:50 am

Mescal wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
Mescal wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
I wasn't even born then.

Prepare your magnifying glass, my friend.

Mescal

#215 Post by Mescal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 am

Larry B. wrote:
Mescal wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
Mescal wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
I wasn't even born then.

Prepare your magnifying glass, my friend.
Here I was, sitting with my dick in my hand.

What do I do to hold the magnifying glass AND the pics?

Larry B.

#216 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:34 am

The magnifying glass was precisely for your dick, although regardless of how small it is it will surely grow exponentially at the sight of my ballsack.

tubro

#217 Post by tubro » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Wow. You old fart. what was your first show in 77? i started seeing shows in 75. did you see pink floyd in 77? still probably the best show i've ever seen. certainly on a short list with the aforementioned clash show, peter gabriel at the bottom line in '78, zappa halloween also '78 (and every other zappa show i ever saw), jane's in amsterdam in 91, radiohead at hammerstein ballroom in 97 and a few others.

Pandemonium

#218 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm

tubro wrote:Wow. You old fart. what was your first show in 77? i started seeing shows in 75. did you see pink floyd in 77? still probably the best show i've ever seen. certainly on a short list with the aforementioned clash show, peter gabriel at the bottom line in '78, zappa halloween also '78 (and every other zappa show i ever saw), jane's in amsterdam in 91, radiohead at hammerstein ballroom in 97 and a few others.
First show was Van Halen in a club, the long, drawn out details of which I posted today in the other "First concert" thread.

I never saw Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin. Led Zep I had a chance to see in '77 but couldn't be bothered to scrape up the $20 to pay my friend for his spare ticket which I regret to this day. I at least *tried* to get tickets for Pink Floyd when they played the LA Sports Arena for The Wall tour in '79 for something like 7 shows, but it was a mail order lottery and I didn't luck out and decent tickets through agencies were astronomically high. Once Waters left the band after The Final Cut album, I completely lost all interest in them although I did see David Gilmore solo (in a 2/3rds empty amphitheater) during his "All Lovers Are Deranged" tour in the early 80's.

Hype

#219 Post by Hype » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Did you get to see Zappa do Watermelon in Easter Hay live? That's one of my favourite songs of all time (and probably my favourite "solo" to play on guitar...) So ridiculous... the dude was beyond genius. I think he was a guitar that died and came back as a man.

sinep

#220 Post by sinep » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:53 am

bands i wont see on their current tour:

jane's addiction.

SR

#221 Post by SR » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:00 am

Pandemonium wrote:
45 here. I always thought I was the oldest one here. :noclue:

On the Wellmount in Monclair.....it's strange but my sister-in-law lives just outside of that town. It is a very cool/sleepy/highly gentrified place that I don't really see JA playing. I just checked their website and JA is the only show sold out and their tx prices are very reasonable in comparison to other acts. :thumb:

Romeo

#222 Post by Romeo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:55 pm

48 and my first concert was 1977 the Grateful Dead at Nassau Coliseum.

2 years later I was fully into the Pistols & The Ramones having decided hippies sucked. :rockon:

tubro

#223 Post by tubro » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Did you get to see Zappa do Watermelon in Easter Hay live? That's one of my favourite songs of all time (and probably my favourite "solo" to play on guitar...) So ridiculous... the dude was beyond genius. I think he was a guitar that died and came back as a man.

many times. it was as great live as you'd expect. frank's idea of composing while soloing was never more on display than during watermelon and black napkins. greatest artist of our time, bar none.

tubro

#224 Post by tubro » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Romeo wrote:48 and my first concert was 1977 the Grateful Dead at Nassau Coliseum.

2 years later I was fully into the Pistols & The Ramones having decided hippies sucked. :rockon:
funny. similar here. first dead show was 78 at the meadowlands but within a year i was full into cbgb scene and have never stopped loving punk rock. differences are that i kept seeing the dead until jerry died - saw them many many times. but i always thought hippies sucked. just dug jerry and phil and the idea that every show could be long and totally different than the night before. [just like jane's..hahaha]
i'm the only deadhead i know who never gave a fuck about any other SF hippie band or any jamband. JA is for jane's addiction, not jefferson airplane. can't stand any of that shit. the dead was different. they could write songs. jerry and phil were into coltrane.

imail724

#225 Post by imail724 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 pm

I agree! I'll delve into a few other jambands here and there, but mostly it's just the Dead. Tried to get into Phish for a long time but they just couldn't do anything for me. Like you said, the Dead were different.