The Contrarian: IF Remix

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: The Contrarian: IF Remix

#26 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Let's just have Casey put his up on Youtube as well.

In a month we'll see which one has more plays and more likes.

Trevor is getting the upper hand here, but i have a feeling it comes down to replays, which Casey is going to win.

Artemis

#27 Post by Artemis » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Artemis wrote:I find IF aurally disagreeable and can not listen to any version of it.

It's my second least favourite song on TGEA, one that I would skip over.
Perry vocals are really unbearable. :nod:
:nod:

I think William Shatner is the only one who could make this song work.

Seriously...imagine him doing this song. Instead of singing "send out the shock waves" he would speak, "send out the shock waves".

Hokahey
Site Admin

#28 Post by Hokahey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:44 pm

I love the original. Musically it's as close to old Jane's as anything these guys have done since. Some of the vocals are bad, and lyrics, but all in all it's not Perry's worst and it's some of the other guys' best.

The little bridges are amazing.

trevor ayer

#29 Post by trevor ayer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote::lolol: this fight is somewhat entertaining. does anyone like trevor's better?
:lol:

check the count on the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XRHkMNE-4g
That proves absolutely nothing except that 10 (when I checked) people like your version to some degree or other. It doesn't tell you whether they like it more or less than someone else's or the original.
um or maybe it means there is a possibility somebody might actually like my mix .. do ya think? :cool:
That's what I said... But it's irrelevant -- it tells us nothing relating to your dispute with Casey.
no it was only meant to distpute 6767 .. since he likes to dump on me so much as tho my mix is total shit, which it is not by a long shot ...

JOEinPHX

#30 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:52 pm

I don't LIKE to dump on you. It doesn't give me pleasure of any kind.

What you did just wasn't any good. Like, at all. :noclue:

Sorry dude, produce something of quality and i'll tell you it was good. Simple.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#31 Post by Hokahey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:54 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
no it was only meant to distpute 6767 .. since he likes to dump on me so much as tho my mix is total shit, which it is not by a long shot ...
What do you care what he thinks? I don't like your mix either, but some probably do. The problem is you coming in like a giant cry baby and shitting on someone else because their mix is being praised, and then promoting how much better yours is. I mean really? Are you 12? I expect better of my 3 year old.

trevor ayer

#32 Post by trevor ayer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:02 pm

hokahey wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
What do you care what he thinks? I don't like your mix either, but some probably do. The problem is you coming in like a giant cry baby and shitting on someone else because their mix is being praised, and then promoting how much better yours is. I mean really? Are you 12? I expect better of my 3 year old.
but its fine when he hits my thread .. shits all over me without even listening .. yeah ok .. club dickhead around here i guess

JOEinPHX

#33 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:04 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
hokahey wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
but its fine when he hits my thread .. shits all over me without even listening .. yeah ok .. club dickhead around here i guess
i reviewed you track by track the same as we all did with the actual album during the iTunes stream.

Or did you miss that thread? Do you think your music is only acceptably reviewed by people who love it?

trevor ayer

#34 Post by trevor ayer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:06 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
hokahey wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
also this thread directly asks who should produce the next janes in response to my thread proposing that i do .. furthermore my review was honest AND i listened to it before i just started making negative remarks like casey did all over my thread without even checking it out ..

trevor ayer

#35 Post by trevor ayer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
hokahey wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
i reviewed you track by track the same as we all did with the actual album during the iTunes stream.

Or did you miss that thread? Do you think your music is only acceptably reviewed by people who love it?

i am refering to casey on my thread .. when he was crapping on me for the sake of crapping on me and admitted he had not even listened to the remixes .. not you .. i totally dug that you took the time to check it out and write that up .. :bigrin:

trevor ayer

#36 Post by trevor ayer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:11 pm

and the original quoted quote was a response the the big NO pic u posted

CaseyContrarian

#37 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Artemis wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Artemis wrote:I find IF aurally disagreeable and can not listen to any version of it.

It's my second least favourite song on TGEA, one that I would skip over.
Perry vocals are really unbearable. :nod:
:nod:

I think William Shatner is the only one who could make this song work.

Seriously...imagine him doing this song. Instead of singing "send out the shock waves" he would speak, "send out the shock waves".
LOLOLOLOLOLOL :lolol:

Larry B.

#38 Post by Larry B. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Another JA community golden fight: two guys who know (knew) each other in real life, who have competed musically and who have shown their dislike towards their opponent's personality, settle their differences presenting the community a good remix of a shitty song vs. a shitty remix of a shitty song.

The one who somewhat adds the essence of JA 1.0 comes out victorious; the defeated puts on his little Perry Farrell suit and suggests there is a conspiracy against him working behind the scenes, refuses to admit that his product, intended to get him the position of JA Producer, falls very short in terms of musical/technical/aesthetic/conceptual/sensual quality and calls everyone a dickhead.

:rockon:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#39 Post by Hokahey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:00 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
hokahey wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:

i am refering to casey on my thread .. when he was crapping on me for the sake of crapping on me and admitted he had not even listened to the remixes .. not you .. i totally dug that you took the time to check it out and write that up .. :bigrin:

Well I must have missed that, so I'm the asshole here. :lol:

kv

#40 Post by kv » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:58 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:The Contrarian one sounds far better to me. Taste is taste, I guess. You guys clearly just have very different ideas about how things should sound.

Jasper

#41 Post by Jasper » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Larry B. wrote:Another JA community golden fight: two guys who know (knew) each other in real life, who have competed musically and who have shown their dislike towards their opponent's personality, settle their differences presenting the community a good remix of a shitty song vs. a shitty remix of a shitty song.

The one who somewhat adds the essence of JA 1.0 comes out victorious; the defeated puts on his little Perry Farrell suit and suggests there is a conspiracy against him working behind the scenes, refuses to admit that his product, intended to get him the position of JA Producer, falls very short in terms of musical/technical/aesthetic/conceptual/sensual quality and calls everyone a dickhead.

:rockon:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

imail724

#42 Post by imail724 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Sounds to me like Trevor's just a little butthurt that people dig Casey's remix more than his own. As others have said, I'm also not a huge fan of the original (although I do dig the album as a whole), but I found Casey's mix to be a great improvement :thumb:. No offense Trevor, but I think you gotta get back to the drawing boards on yours.

Pillar Girl

#43 Post by Pillar Girl » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:29 pm

the catfighing was something i hoped we would avoid here in our new forums/community, i thought we were past this
with personal attacks. there's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but shoving someone else's down that dark hole
of negativity isnt good, it shows the pettiness.

so i think we basically need to have an ANR remix contest, to settle it once and for all, have everyone listen/vote on a remix,
and then we can move on, once the people have spoken, life can return back to normality here (hopefully).

Juana

#44 Post by Juana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:49 pm

In listening to the 3 versions of this song I definitely like this one most.

JOEinPHX

#45 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 am

Pillar Girl wrote:the catfighing was something i hoped we would avoid here in our new forums/community, i thought we were past this
with personal attacks. there's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but shoving someone else's down that dark hole

so i think we basically need to have an ANR remix contest, to settle it once and for all, have everyone listen/vote on a remix,
and then we can move on, once the people have spoken, life can return back to normality here (hopefully).
No need for a contest, we all voted Casey's the best. End of story.

Jasper

#46 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:44 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Pillar Girl wrote:the catfighing was something i hoped we would avoid here in our new forums/community, i thought we were past this

No need for a contest, we all voted Casey's the best. End of story.
Exactly.

Unless there are some silent lurkers who secretly love Trevor's version, as far as I've seen it's been unanimous in favor of Casey - barring Trevor's vote for himself, of course.

Deconstruction

#47 Post by Deconstruction » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:56 am

This is fantastic, like it better than the original! It just has a more consistent sound musically and makes Perry's vocals sound better, especially in the verses which just sound off in the original version.
Last edited by Deconstruction on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pillar Girl

#48 Post by Pillar Girl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:57 am

well as long as the catfighting ends, im cool with coming here to read JA news, and not remix wars. i got turned off from Xiola a few times
because it just became so negitive beyond posting anything rational.

JOEinPHX

#49 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:58 am

Pillar Girl wrote:well as long as the catfighting ends, im cool with coming here to read JA news, and not remix wars. i got turned off from Xiola a few times
because it just became so negitive beyond posting anything rational.
We've been largely positive here.

Feel free to read more of the threads sometime.

Pillar Girl

#50 Post by Pillar Girl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 am

i actually think its been overall positive here, just reading this thread makes me have flashbacks of Xiola days i guess.