NY ROLL CALL

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
bman

NY ROLL CALL

#1 Post by bman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Anyone in? I'm going to both Irving Shows. I'll probably hit Belmont Lounge around 7:00 if anyone wants to buy me a drink! I'll try to sit near the door and I'll have a blue jacket on.
Let the Fun begin!

tubro

Re: NY ROLL CALL

#2 Post by tubro » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:37 pm

still can't decide. if i go it'll be tuesday only.
remarkable that they're playing two club shows a few blocks from my house and i cant decide whether or not to bother. and i like the new album and still regard myself as a big fan. but i saw terminal 5 and cant really imagine this being too different. i enjoyed that a lot. i'm just busy as hell and going out late monday and its a fucking tuesday night and for the first time since i started seeing them in nyc in 1990, theyre playing here and i figure its no big deal to miss it. tuesday the album drops so maybe they'll play more of it. if im there ill find you and do a shot with you. I've never met a xiola-ite in person. meet me on the blow me line. and to all who go, have a great time. jane's rocks. its what they do. put all bullshit out of your mind and have fun.

Warped

#3 Post by Warped » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Have fun whoever is attending :cheers:

Romeo

#4 Post by Romeo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 am

67 tickets still available for tonight (starting at $78) & 128 tickets for tomorrow On stub hub
Nope. Not me.

bman

#5 Post by bman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:30 am

I will have a shot for all of you! I just got a $115 dollar parking ticket for being 2 minutes late. NYC fucking blows. I've been living in Brooklyn for 10 years and it's getting worse by the day. Shitty Apartments for $2,000 a month, parking nightmares, mediocre pricey restaurants. Tonight I will put all the worries aside and fucking lose my mind with Whores! It's a Janes Day in NY baby!

Romeo

#6 Post by Romeo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:42 am

holy shit, is it 2009 again???

no?

I will be happily at home glad I didn't spend $39 dollars over face value to see the same band I saw in 2003 at the same venue with with the same set list except for two new songs added that I don't particularly like anyway. :tiphat:

It's so odd because usually if I am missing a show for a band I :heart: because of a ticket situation or work obligation I am usually really upset. Today....not so much.

tcrock

#7 Post by tcrock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 am

Romeo, we know you don't love this band anymore.........we get it. :nod:

I'll be there Tuesday night.......anxious to finally hear the new stuff tomorrow as well.

Romeo

#8 Post by Romeo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:34 am

you're excited even though you think the new tunes are "meh"? :hs:

I loved this band in 2009, to pay to see a regurgitated version of 2003 that I already saw? nah....at least I'm honest.

tcrock

#9 Post by tcrock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:52 am

Romeo wrote:you're excited even though you think the new tunes are "meh"? :hs:

I loved this band in 2009, to pay to see a regurgitated version of 2003 that I already saw? nah....at least I'm honest.

I never said the new tunes were "meh". I've only heard IF and ETTL, both of which I like. I'm a Jane's fan, I try and see them everytime they are around...since 1991 (probably one of the very few around here old enough to actually have seen them in original form and original time period). you loved them in 2009 because Eric was there + you don't when Eric is not= You love Eric. :hehe: (that's just my opinion based on what you are always posting in one form or another) in 2009 they were even more "regurgitated", but cool to see nonetheless. At least now they're promoting new stuff, love it or hate it.

Romeo

#10 Post by Romeo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:23 am

I'm sorry that wasn't you, that was trevor...you said music is music & moves you. So do you have a ton of Lady Gaga on your ipod? :confused:

I've seen the original & the copies. Not impressed which this copy. 2009 was certainly not regurgitated, there was hope. We were all excited then..The hope died and we have the 2003 line-up all over again. Same place, same players. Been there. done that. Don't have to do it again.

kv

#11 Post by kv » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:24 am

tcrock wrote:I'm a Jane's fan, I try and see them everytime they are around...since 1991 (probably one of the very few around here old enough to actually have seen them in original form and original time period).
not really no there are tons of us here...gg pulling the fan card and also trying the "if you don't like janes and you ever did you are just an eric fan" bit... :bs:

bman

#12 Post by bman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:38 am

I'll see if I can get some good pictures for Sonny and Romeo! Two addicts that hate so much they can't stop looking and coming back.

kv

#13 Post by kv » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 am

:eyes: someone could call you the addict...but name calling is kinda old around these parts no? aren't we beyond that yet?

tcrock

#14 Post by tcrock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 am

kv wrote:
tcrock wrote:I'm a Jane's fan, I try and see them everytime they are around...since 1991 (probably one of the very few around here old enough to actually have seen them in original form and original time period).
not really no there are tons of us here...gg pulling the fan card and also trying the "if you don't like janes and you ever did you are just an eric fan" bit... :bs:

Romeo loves Eric...it's obvious....and as far as the fan card, that's more a self deprecating shot at my age. Doesn't make my position anymore credible than anyone else's but..that being said, I do find it ironic sometimes reading the debates about who does or doesn't get Janes and all that BS. "tons of us", really? Maybe I shouldn't feel so bad about visiting fan sites and posting on message boards at my age.

And yes, there are some Lady Gaga songs that are pleasing to my ear.......oh the horror. :lolol:

LJF

#15 Post by LJF » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:13 pm

I'll be in on Tuesday night if anyone wants to sell one to me.

Sue

#16 Post by Sue » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:35 pm

I'll be there Tuesday in a group of 4, will have great photos because my friend has a photopass so i will post some when she gives the okay. Anyone want to plan a meet up?
Assuming I can get in early enough we will probably have a few drinks beforehand.

kv

#17 Post by kv » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:47 pm

tcrock wrote:
kv wrote:

"tons of us", really? Maybe I shouldn't feel so bad about visiting fan sites and posting on message boards at my age.
80's -90's band forum is gonna have peope from then on it

and yep we are old aren't we :jasper:

tubro

#18 Post by tubro » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:54 pm

SETLIST/REVIEW?????
damn. 1 AM and nobody has reported back.
please - my tuesday night plans depend on this, sort of.
i'm hoping perry announced from the stage that 'tomorrow's going to be our best show ever -- 2.5 hours, entire new album and a bunch of old songs we never play anymore. and eric's going to join us and we're going to have our pal sonny up on stage to introduce us.'
if that happened, i'll probably go.
:ns:

Pandemonium

#19 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Setlist:

Wild Honey
One
City Of Blinding Lights
Staring At The Sun
Boy Falls From The Sky
Vertigo
4th Of July
Yahwey
Bullet The Blue Sky
Discotheque
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
With Or Without You
MLK
Walk On

Oh wait, they're still Jane's Addiction... the transformation isn't complete. Sorry guys.

LJF

#20 Post by LJF » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:07 am

Yes a review please. Also did they hit the stage at 8 or close to it. At terminal 5 show it was almost exactly 8.

Japhy

#21 Post by Japhy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:07 am

LJF wrote:Yes a review please. Also did they hit the stage at 8 or close to it. At terminal 5 show it was almost exactly 8.
There's a thread on it in the "At this moment" section... I think bman mentioned that they didn't take the stage until 10.30pm.

They need at least one more new song tonight plus extras like Bobhaus and NOL. I don't think any of it will happen though. If it's only 2 new songs again, that's pretty poor.