Total votes: 30

SR

Jane's and HOF induction

#1 Post by SR » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:13 am

Your thoughts?

JOEinPHX

Re: Jane's and HOF induction

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 am

Gee, I wonder how members of a Jane's Addiction community are going to vote.

Keep in mind that the people who run the HoF probably see Jane's Addiction much different than their fans do.

Isn't it basically decided by the guy from Rollingstone magazine? Didn't RS give their albums shitty reviews when they were first released? I just don't see it happening. With so many breakups and reunions, it also kind of ruined the hype of them getting back together for their induction too. They did NME's Golden Goldlike Genius awards for their reunion instead. They may have ruined their chances just by picking a competing ceremony.

SR

#3 Post by SR » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:35 am

Dunno? I saw some opinions expressed and thought to ask.

I don't see it....just as they have had their influence stolen by Nirvana via the mainstream media, their evolution into freakshowdom has helped even those who understand 1.0 to distance themselves.

They're are just far too many other acts that are HOF show friendly that would garner a groundswell of support and goodwill.

:lol: Shit, the hall might even consider it a favor to not shed any light on this corpse.

JOEinPHX

#4 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:30 am

I think the only thing that even really keeps them in the running, at this point, is the success of Lollapalooza. The fact that you can trace that all the way back to Jane's Addiction is one positive thing that keeps their legacy alive, because the music certainly isn't doing so.

bman

#5 Post by bman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:59 am

Probably not..But they should be. They were a cult classic band for a moment in time with a big cult following. If a band like Green Day whose fans were white suburban frat boys can make it but not Janes, well that's just sad.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#6 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Are the Pixies in? If not, Jane's will never be.

Artemis

#7 Post by Artemis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:22 pm

I think JA will get in there. If Green Day is in there, I think JA stands a get chance. As well RHCP and GNR have made it in.

The link to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame shows all the inductees for every year and there is an explanation for how a band/musician gets nominated.

https://rockhall.com/inductees/

https://rockhall.com/inductees/induction-process/

Bandit72

#8 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Ringo Starr? Must be a typo.

SR

#9 Post by SR » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Ringo Starr? Must be a typo.
:lol:

SR

#10 Post by SR » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Vote!!!

Matz

#11 Post by Matz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Guns'n roses were inducted before Lou Reed!? wtf do people take the HOF seriously. If I was Dave Navarro I wouldn't give a shit whether I was in or not

creep
Site Admin

#12 Post by creep » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:40 pm

not sure if the question is will they be inducted or should they be. i voted no thinking they will not be. :noclue:

Romeo

#13 Post by Romeo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:10 pm

I think they will eventually. But it'll take a loooong time

You have to suck a lot of dick to get in. The nominating committee is a bunch of assholes

perkana

#14 Post by perkana » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Voted...

SR

#15 Post by SR » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:16 pm

creep wrote:not sure if the question is will they be inducted or should they be. i voted no thinking they will not be. :noclue:
will they. Not should they :agree:

mockbee

#16 Post by mockbee » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:21 pm

I could see Perry being inducted, for lolla & coining Alternative Nation, but not Janes. :noclue:

I think generally people see janes as one of a dozen bands in the early grunge mix, so I guess if they all get in, so does janes.

blackula

#17 Post by blackula » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Gee, I wonder how members of a Jane's Addiction community are going to vote.

Keep in mind that the people who run the HoF probably see Jane's Addiction much different than their fans do.

Isn't it basically decided by the guy from Rollingstone magazine? Didn't RS give their albums shitty reviews when they were first released? I just don't see it happening. With so many breakups and reunions, it also kind of ruined the hype of them getting back together for their induction too. They did NME's Golden Goldlike Genius awards for their reunion instead. They may have ruined their chances just by picking a competing ceremony.
I think we have a harsher view than the average ham and egger. Reading all these RDLH 25 year anniversary articles solidifies the "pre Nirvana alternative rock band that paved the way and acted as a bridge from Hair Metal to Alternative rock in the mainstream" narrative. Lolla is the icing on the cake. Excluding Eric will be revenge for the Xiola interview. Regardless, fuck the hall, I'll put Deep Purple in before anyone.

Warped

#18 Post by Warped » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Matz wrote:Guns'n roses were inducted before Lou Reed!? wtf do people take the HOF seriously. If I was Dave Navarro I wouldn't give a shit whether I was in or not
:nod:

JOEinPHX

#19 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:53 pm

blackula wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Gee, I wonder how members of a Jane's Addiction community are going to vote.

I think we have a harsher view than the average ham and egger. Reading all these RDLH 25 year anniversary articles solidifies the "pre Nirvana alternative rock band that paved the way and acted as a bridge from Hair Metal to Alternative rock in the mainstream" narrative. Lolla is the icing on the cake. Excluding Eric will be revenge for the Xiola interview. Regardless, fuck the hall, I'll put Deep Purple in before anyone.
A lot of bands are seen as a precursor to something else. Doesn't mean they get in the rock hall.

To the average ham and egger, Jane's is the barking dog song band. It's the Jane Says band.

You can all listen to ritual and close your eyes and remember the first time Three Days or Then She Did transported you somewhere otherworldly. Most people just remember Perry dancing in a ski mask in a grocery store in between videos by the Chili Peppers and Bon Jovi.

Juana

#20 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:41 pm

He has a point.. Perry is more remembered for Lolla.

creep
Site Admin

#21 Post by creep » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:33 am

:noclue:
The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2016 are in, and the list includes Chicago, Cheap Trick, Deep Purple, the Cars, Janet Jackson, N.W.A, Nine Inch Nails, the Smiths and Yes. The rest of this year's hopefuls are Chaka Khan, Chic, The J.B.'s, Los Lobos, Steve Miller and the Spinners.
the only band i would vote for is cheap trick.

nestos

#22 Post by nestos » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:21 am

27 people voted in two months. Almost TGEA sales the second week. :lolol:

JOEinPHX

#23 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:56 pm

creep wrote::noclue:
The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2016 are in, and the list includes Chicago, Cheap Trick, Deep Purple, the Cars, Janet Jackson, N.W.A, Nine Inch Nails, the Smiths and Yes. The rest of this year's hopefuls are Chaka Khan, Chic, The J.B.'s, Los Lobos, Steve Miller and the Spinners.
the only band i would vote for is cheap trick.
Chicago, Cheap Trick, Deep Purple, the Cars, Nine Inch Nails, the Smiths, and Yes are all deserving.

It will be three of them plus Janet Jackson and NWA.

Right now, I think Chicago, Deep Purple, Janet, NWA, and NIN

JOEinPHX

#24 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:12 pm

In 5 years, when Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and Alice in Chains and Faith No More and NIN and every other decent 90s band have entered the HOF, Perry will get pissy that he's not there and start his lobbying efforts. He will be successful after Etty blows whoever is running Rolling Stone at the time.

I'm calling it right now, that in 2023 Jane's goes in.

Eric will show up. He will do Mountain Song. Chaney will play Stop! Both will be onstage for Jane Says.

At the post show jam session featuring the nominees, Only Navarro will participate.