Guns N' Roses Plays For Too Long

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
SR

Re: Guns N' Roses Plays For Too Long

#41 Post by SR » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Froosh said he'd feel awkward/uncomfortable and will not participate with the chilies either.

lollapaloser

#42 Post by lollapaloser » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:38 am

Wow, the J Geils Band and T Rex are pretty glaring omissions. P.E.'s a good one too.

thoreau

#43 Post by thoreau » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:26 pm

SR wrote:Froosh said he'd feel awkward/uncomfortable and will not participate with the chilies either.
Yeah, I read that too. However, Jack Irons and Cliff Martinez will be participating, so three drummers should be interesting.

intertwoven

#44 Post by intertwoven » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:55 pm

thoreau wrote:
SR wrote:Froosh said he'd feel awkward/uncomfortable and will not participate with the chilies either.
Yeah, I read that too. However, Jack Irons and Cliff Martinez will be participating, so three drummers should be interesting.
I heard a rumor Dave Navarro was in the Peppers for a brief period. Must've been bullshit, though, or you'd think we would've heard something.

Matz

#45 Post by Matz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:32 am

would be interesting to know if they have invited him or not? If Martinez will be there Dave should definitely be there too

Pandemonium

#46 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Video is rough, but from what's been said and seen in at least this clip, George Clinton, Cliff Martinez, Jack Irons, Ronnie Wood, Billy Joe Armstrong and Slash, all guested for the Chili Pepper's set. No Dave. Looks awesome.

Guns n' Roses minus Axl and Izzy ( so I guess Velvet Revolver? LOL!) with Steven Adler and Matt Sorum alternating on drums along with Myles Kennedy on vox played 3 songs:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#47 Post by Hokahey » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Video is rough, but from what's been said and seen in at least this clip, George Clinton, Cliff Martinez, Jack Irons, Ronnie Wood, Billy Joe Armstrong and Slash, all guested for the Chili Pepper's set. No Dave. Looks awesome.

Guns n' Roses minus Axl and Izzy ( so I guess Velvet Revolver? LOL!) with Steven Adler and Matt Sorum alternating on drums along with Myles Kennedy on vox played 3 songs:

Myles Kennedy is so, so bad. Man I wish the original GnR would get back together.

Tyler Durden

#48 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue May 01, 2012 3:48 pm

chaos

#49 Post by chaos » Tue May 01, 2012 4:41 pm

:lol: Entertaining. (I thought he was going to wind up doing something else to/on the piano. :lol: )

Pandemonium

#50 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Yo Corey, GnR toured with Aerosmith in late '88, not '86.

Like his concert/band stories even if he's probably the one guy who rambles on endlessly more than myself about such shit. Too bad he dressed like a goof in Slipknot.

Tyler Durden

#51 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Yo Corey, GnR toured with Aerosmith in late '88, not '86.
Yeah, I caught that too.
Pandemonium wrote:Like his concert/band stories even if he's probably the one guy who rambles on endlessly more than myself about such shit. Too bad he dressed like a goof in Slipknot.
Never did get the appeal of Slipknot...for anyone above the age of 15.

Romeo

#52 Post by Romeo » Sun May 06, 2012 12:26 pm

I watched it last night.

all I can say is who the fuck is that green day asshole wanna be punk, Broadway show writing top 40 song cretin to call Axl crazy from the podium? totally classless. YES he is a crazy motherfucker, we all know that. For what ever reason in his crazy mind he decided not to go....whatever. Show some class.

chaos

#53 Post by chaos » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:41 pm

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-p ... 23025.html
Axl Rose Bans Slash T-Shirts From Guns N’ Roses Gigs

Well, that much-hoped-for Guns N' Roses reunion keeps seeming more and more unlikely. After Axl Rose, the band's lone remaining original member, sat out GNR's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April (and was booed by ceremony attendees in absentia), he's made it even more clear that he has no plans to make nice with his former bandmate, guitarist Slash. Because apparently not only is Slash not welcome at any GNR gigs, but neither are Slash T-shirts.

According to British music magazine NME, a fan at GNR's May 31 concert at London's O2 Arena, who showed up a wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the top-hatted likeness of Axl's nemesis, was forced by security to remove his shirt at the door. The concertgoer, 18-year-old James Revell, grudgingly abided and entered the venue bare-chested.

When NME asked O2's security if there was in fact an official ban on Slash shirts, the answer was: "We were told by the management not to allow anyone into the O2 Arena who is wearing a Slash T-shirt, and we are asking anyone who is to remove it and if they refuse they will be turned away."

Revell told NME: "I believe they asked me to do this because Axl Rose has some problem with Slash and if he saw me wearing the shirt he might have stormed offstage." However, O2 security stated that this ban applied even to audience members sitting in the very back rows of the 20,000-capacity venue, who could not possibly have been spotted by Axl from the arena's stage.

Said Revell: "I felt very angry because I was looking after my little brother at the time, and felt as though my freedom to wear what I want had been taken away from me. However, I did not react angrily, as I didn't want to spoil the show for him."

He added: "I have never experienced anything as insulting as that at a concert before and I had to sit there in my little brother's jumper [sweater] and wait for Axl to turn up well over an hour late, which we could only stay to watch three songs as we had to catch a train back. I think that Axl Rose doesn't appreciate his fans or anyone for that matter, he needs to grow up and stop acting like a child."

No word yet on whether Velvet Revolver, Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds, Adler's Appetite, Gilby Clarke, or Buckethead tees are allowed at Guns N' Roses shows--but just to be safe, if you attend a GNR gig any time soon, you may want to bring a change of clothing with you.

Tyler Durden

#54 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:07 pm

chaos wrote:http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-p ... 23025.html
Axl Rose Bans Slash T-Shirts From Guns N’ Roses Gigs
Wow, this is just fucking pathetic. Do you think Axl also bans people from playing Slash's guitar solos and riffs during GNR concerts? Oh yeah, that would be a conflict of interest...because without those songs, no one would fucking show up. If GNR wasn't still a highly lucrative name, Axl would have begged Slash to come back ages ago; it's sad that he can afford to pull this shit with ex-bandmates and GNR fans.

I'd love to show up at one these gigs dressed as Slash (top hat, wig, the whole bit). Security would likely have to let you in...unless Axl has some serious foresight and has banned that too.

Seriously, Axl Rose makes Glenn Danzig look like Mr. Rogers. What a fucking douchebag.

P.S. The user comments at the end of that article are priceless!

Artemis

#55 Post by Artemis » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:39 pm

I wish someone would shoot that asshole out of his misery. :eyes:

From the comments section:

"Looks like he hasnt missed many meals... as for his behvior, abusive narcissists is as abusive narcissists does.."

Tyler Durden

#56 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Artemis wrote:I wish someone would shoot that asshole out of his misery. :eyes:

"Looks like he hasnt missed many meals... as for his behvior, abusive narcissists is as abusive narcissists does.."
I love person who said that he must have a tramp stamp. And the one about Ted Nugent referring to him as a "crazy sonofabitch". :lol:

Artemis

#57 Post by Artemis » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Artemis wrote:I wish someone would shoot that asshole out of his misery. :eyes:

I love person who said that he must have a tramp stamp. And the one about Ted Nugent referring to him as a "crazy sonofabitch". :lol:
That one made me laugh too. :lol: