Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
farrellgirl99

Re: Movies

#101 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:34 pm

I took my mom to Dark Shadows for Mother's Day cause she's a huge Johnny Depp fan. It was a terrible mess, as expected.

perkana

#102 Post by perkana » Sun May 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Take her to see 21 Jump Street... :wink:
Damn, and I really was looking forward to seeing it.

mockbee

#103 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Forks Over Knives

http://www.forksoverknives.com/

I watched this a while ago, but it is not getting out of my head..... I eat relatively very healthy but I am considering going all the way. Meat sometimes but mostly as a garnish, like japanese and other asian societies who live forever (or at least used to, before KFC and McDonalds showed up over there) I will be purchasing this movie. :banana:

Examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.

What has happened to us? Despite the most advanced medical technology in the world, we are sicker than ever by nearly every measure. Cases of diabetes are exploding, especially amongst our younger population. About half of us are taking at least one prescription drug and major medical operations have become routine. Heart disease, cancer and stroke are the country's three leading causes of death, even though billions are spent each year to "battle" these very conditions. Millions suffer from a host of other degenerative diseases. Could it be there's a single solution to all of these problems? A solution so comprehensive, but so utterly straightforward, that it's mind-boggling that more of us haven't taken it seriously? FORKS OVER KNIVES examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the so-called "diseases of affluence" that afflict us can be controlled...

Before people start spouting crap about sickly folks they know or seen who are vegan; there are so, so, so many exaples of well.... the 'healthiest' people on the planet being strict vegans....

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

Tri-athlete VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

VEGAN

Bluuurg.... I could go on forever.....I'm only to the "F's" and I skipped a TON of people who are v ery "healthy " :eyes:

Yea... i'm definitely going for it. I know when I eat a plant and whole foods based diet with an emphasis on grains and beans and tons of greens, colorful veggies and fruit, I feel fantastic and my brain and body are ready to go and go and go.......

Hype

#104 Post by Hype » Thu May 17, 2012 1:09 pm

It's pretty easy to go vegetarian. It's a lot harder to consciously and consistently avoid animal products entirely. It takes more than an ordinary sort of lifestyle change, because you have to do massive amounts of research to see what products contain hidden animal products, and you have to stay on your toes constantly. If you're not the sort of person who tends to be able to do this anyway, it's prohibitively time and energy-consuming. I'm surrounded by vegans (in academia), but I really think there are degrees to this... you can minimize your use of animals while still consistently maintaining that they should be treated better, and improve your health too.

It's also incredibly difficult if you have existing dietary restrictions -- like celiac. Making sure you cover all the bases as far as vitamin deficiencies go is tricky (everybody absorbs things at different rates, and it's esp. difficult to make sure the unregulated vitamin pill industry is actually providing you with the blood serum levels you need).

It's also a myth that east asians live extraordinarily long lives. A lot of the historical cases where they've claimed longevity were later found to be fraudulent. But it is true that a diet that focuses on brown rice instead of wheat and avoids red meat will leave you in better shape for avoiding several kinds of cancer and diabetes.

Larry B.

#105 Post by Larry B. » Thu May 17, 2012 1:13 pm

mockbee wrote:the 'healthiest' people on the planet being strict vegans....
:hs:

please explain to us what makes these people the 'healthiest'.

they look great, for sure. as great as thousands of others who are vegetarian, passionate meat eaters or simple omnivorous human beings.

mockbee

#106 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Larry B. wrote:
mockbee wrote:the 'healthiest' people on the planet being strict vegans....
:hs:

please explain to us what makes these people the 'healthiest'.

they look great, for sure. as great as thousands of others who are vegetarian, passionate meat eaters or simple omnivorous human beings.
Exactly my point, being vegan does not mean you are "unhealthy".....

Beyond that, I don't really give a crap what people do with their diet..... I am, however, concerned with our skyrocketing healthcare bill, and if someone thinks red meat and dairy has nothing to do with cholesterol and heart disease, then I can't help that person. There are plenty of studies to confirm such facts, but I am not interested in going further with that argument. :noclue:

Tyler Durden

#107 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu May 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Statistics show that 100% of all vegetarians and vegans will die.

mockbee

#108 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Statistics show that 100% of all vegetarians and vegans will die.

:rockon: :wave: :noclue:

kv

#109 Post by kv » Thu May 17, 2012 3:04 pm

made me think of

Jasper

#110 Post by Jasper » Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm

:lol: :noclue: :rockon:

kv

#111 Post by kv » Thu May 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Artemis

#112 Post by Artemis » Thu May 17, 2012 3:49 pm

mockbee wrote:
Yea... i'm definitely going for it. I know when I eat a plant and whole foods based diet with an emphasis on grains and beans and tons of greens, colorful veggies and fruit, I feel fantastic and my brain and body are ready to go and go and go.......
Personally,I feel pretty fantastic after a rare cooked filet mignon. :lol:

Tyler Durden

#113 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu May 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Artemis wrote:
mockbee wrote:
Personally,I feel pretty fantastic after a rare cooked filet mignon. :lol:
If I was going to be executed, my last supper would be filet mignon and lobster tail. :thumb:

chaos

#114 Post by chaos » Thu May 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Statistics show that 100% of all vegetarians and vegans will die.
:lol:

dali

#115 Post by dali » Fri May 18, 2012 6:07 pm

'nuff said

you know that motherfucker ate steak!

Larry B.

#116 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 18, 2012 6:40 pm

dali wrote:Image

Tyler Durden

#117 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 18, 2012 6:54 pm

dali wrote: Image

'nuff said

you know that motherfucker ate steak!
Yeah...and did a million fucking tonnes of steroids (which contributed to his future heart problems).

Jasper

#118 Post by Jasper » Fri May 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:and did a million fucking tonnes of steroids.
Yeah, I thought everybody knew this. Not dali, I guess. Also, the typical bodybuilder diet is anything but healthful. It's for putting on muscle (poofy muscle for show, by the way, not necessarily the most useful muscle). It would be extremely unhealthful for a normal person to consume what they eat, and it's not even necessarily healthful for bodybuilders. Bodybuilding isn't about health, it's about sculpting the body into a particular shape. I wouldn't recommend it as a long-term health strategy.

zdilla

#119 Post by zdilla » Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Larry B. wrote:
dali wrote:Image
genius :lol:

zdilla

#120 Post by zdilla » Fri May 18, 2012 7:56 pm

that guy looks like jim carrey from liar, liar. :bday:

perkana

#121 Post by perkana » Wed May 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Saw The Raven tonight...My review: :jasper:

Pandemonium

#122 Post by Pandemonium » Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 pm

perkana wrote:Saw The Raven tonight...My review: :jasper:
So it's a C-...?

perkana

#123 Post by perkana » Wed May 30, 2012 10:26 pm

an F, totally...as much as I like John Cusack, I think I prefer Room 1408

Larry B.

#124 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 am

Saw 'The Avengers' last night. Surprisingly entertaining, actually. I thought I was going to hate Downey Jr.'s performance, but he was actually pretty good. And The Hulk was awesome, although I have no idea why he was uncontrollable at first and totally conscious by the end. And Scarlett's ass shots were a nice touch.

Xizen47

#125 Post by Xizen47 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 am

Larry B. wrote: although I have no idea why he was uncontrollable at first and totally conscious by the end..
My thoughts exactly, didn't make sense :hs:

I enjoyed the Avengers, don't have any desire to see it again though. I know people that have seen it like 4-5 times already :noclue: