Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
perkana

Re: Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

#1561 Post by perkana » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Today I watched "Crimson Peak". I was very pleased with it. Can't wait to watch "Spectre" this weekend :wiggle:

Pandemonium

#1562 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:25 pm

perkana wrote:Today I watched "Crimson Peak". I was very pleased with it. Can't wait to watch "Spectre" this weekend :wiggle:
It's weird how divided opinions about Spectre have been so far. All across the board from people who think it absolutely sucks to "it's ok" to "it's the best of the Craig Bonds yet."

And I'm gonna have to wait to see Crimson Peak when it comes out on Blu-ray. I'm kind of bummed it didn't do very well in theaters as I love Del Toro's stuff.

Oh, and I saw Fantastic Four this past weekend - it is as bad as everyone made it out to be. IMO, it's a tie between FF and Terminator Genysis as which is the shittiest movie of 2015.

nausearockpig

#1563 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Watched Terminator: Genisys the other day.. meh... was OK but Daenerys doesn't quite cut it as Sarah Conner... Still, it was entertaining and way better than the last Terminator movie...

perkana

#1564 Post by perkana » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:27 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
perkana wrote:Today I watched "Crimson Peak". I was very pleased with it. Can't wait to watch "Spectre" this weekend :wiggle:
It's weird how divided opinions about Spectre have been so far. All across the board from people who think it absolutely sucks to "it's ok" to "it's the best of the Craig Bonds yet."

And I'm gonna have to wait to see Crimson Peak when it comes out on Blu-ray. I'm kind of bummed it didn't do very well in theaters as I love Del Toro's stuff.

Oh, and I saw Fantastic Four this past weekend - it is as bad as everyone made it out to be. IMO, it's a tie between FF and Terminator Genysis as which is the shittiest movie of 2015.
I love Guillermo del Toro's movies. I was not disappointed at all. I'm a big fan of Bond movies. I think the only movies I wasn't crazy about were the ones with Timothy Dalton. I had never been so bored in my life.

Matz

#1565 Post by Matz » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:56 am

perkana wrote: I love Guillermo del Toro's movies. I was not disappointed at all. I'm a big fan of Bond movies. I think the only movies I wasn't crazy about were the ones with Timothy Dalton. I had never been so bored in my life.
I love the second movie he did, License to kil. Carey Lovell is in that one :love:

To me, most of the light comedy bull shit movies Roger Moore did, is what you want to avoid. Ironically the last one he did when he was really old, A view to a kill, is cool as hell. By far his best.

Brosnan was cool in the first one he did but the remaining ones sucked due to horrible scripts and stuff

best Bond movie of all time is Thunderball

perkana

#1566 Post by perkana » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:36 am

Matz wrote:
perkana wrote: I love Guillermo del Toro's movies. I was not disappointed at all. I'm a big fan of Bond movies. I think the only movies I wasn't crazy about were the ones with Timothy Dalton. I had never been so bored in my life.
I love the second movie he did, License to kil. Carey Lovell is in that one :love:

To me, most of the light comedy bull shit movies Roger Moore did, is what you want to avoid. Ironically the last one he did when he was really old, A view to a kill, is cool as hell. By far his best.

Brosnan was cool in the first one he did but the remaining ones sucked due to horrible scripts and stuff

best Bond movie of all time is Thunderball
Some scenes of "License to Kill" were shot here, so I have a soft spot for that one. I just don't know why Timothy didn't work as James Bond. He had less lovers (I remember his movies came out during AIDS big breakout) and he wasn't as charismatic as others. My personal favorite would be "Goldfinger", "On her majesty's secret service" coming close in second place.
Pierce Brosnan's are so funny. I loved the raunchy humor. And yes, scripts could have been better, but I liked them nevertheless. Roger Moore was Bond when I was little, so he was one of my first crushes :lol: (after Harrison Ford).
I would have to say that "Quantum of Solace" is my least favorite Daniel Craig movie, even if one of my favorite Mexican actors (Joaquín Cosío) played one of the villains.
About who's the best Bond, I have to agree with my mom and say that it's Sean Connery, hands down.

creep
Site Admin

#1567 Post by creep » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:53 pm

creep wrote:loved the original. probably no chance this will be good....the last scene in this trailer did make me laugh though.

even though it didn't get good reviews i thought the new vacation was really funny. :noclue:

perkana

#1568 Post by perkana » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:01 am

Even though I wasn't blown away by 'Spectre', thought it was entertaining during action scenes. I have to say his love interest was too young for him. Even though she couldn't be his daughter, she could have been an older niece. I was actually more excited about the villains. Looking forward to the next James Bond.

Everybody's Friend

#1569 Post by Everybody's Friend » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:38 pm

creep wrote:
creep wrote:loved the original. probably no chance this will be good....the last scene in this trailer did make me laugh though.

even though it didn't get good reviews i thought the new vacation was really funny. :noclue:
I liked it as well.

I thought the kids were pretty funny.

And I could look at a gently aging Christina Applegate all day long.

blackula

#1570 Post by blackula » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:40 pm

I saw Peanuts this afternoon with my wife and 2 of my kids (4 and 2). They both loved it and my wife and I enjoyed it. The story was cool, we got into it. It holds up to all the old stuff.

perkana

#1571 Post by perkana » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Don't know why I bothered watching "Mockingjay Part 2". At least I didn't pay the whole ticket price :noclue: . Should have watched "Black Mass" instead.

perkana

#1572 Post by perkana » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:26 pm

blackula wrote:I saw Peanuts this afternoon with my wife and 2 of my kids (4 and 2). They both loved it and my wife and I enjoyed it. The story was cool, we got into it. It holds up to all the old stuff.
It hasn't premiered here yet, definitely going to watch it after your review.

creep
Site Admin

#1573 Post by creep » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:10 pm

i saw sicario the other day. really good movie. going in i didn't buy emily blunt as a dea agent but she was pretty good. check it out

i also saw i smile back. sarah silverman was really good in it but unfortunately i think she was just playing herself.

Hype

#1574 Post by Hype » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 pm

i also saw i smile back. sarah silverman was really good in it but unfortunately i think she was just playing herself.
You don't like her? That makes me want to see that movie even more. I love her. :love:

creep
Site Admin

#1575 Post by creep » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Hype wrote:
You don't like her? That makes me want to see that movie even more. I love her. :love:
no i do like her. she is playing a depressed drug addict with mental issues. except for the drug part she comes off in real life as someone that may suffer from depression. she is also naked in it which gets another thumbs up from me.

Artemis

#1576 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:38 pm

Saw Creed today. :thumb: :box:

I really liked this movie and thought it lived up to the hype. Sylvester Stallone was very good in this as was the main guy, Michael B Jordan. There were some really touching scenes which caused a few tears.

Pandemonium

#1577 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:52 am

Watched Ted2 last night. Considering how awful Seth MacFarlane's last flick "How The West Was Won" was, I had zero expectations that this would be any good. Surprisingly, it was fairly funny with a few lol moments and probably more uses of the word "fuck" than any movie I've ever seen. The key plot point seemed to be an almost blatant swipe from an old Star Trek Next Generation episode where Picard and Co had to prove Data is a sentient being and not "property." Better'n the first "Ted" flick which admittedly isn't a huge bar to rise above but well worth a viewing.

farrellgirl99

#1578 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:07 am

Artemis wrote:Saw Creed today. :thumb: :box:

I really liked this movie and thought it lived up to the hype. Sylvester Stallone was very good in this as was the main guy, Michael B Jordan. There were some really touching scenes which caused a few tears.

I thought Creed was good too (I've actually never sat through any of the Rocky movies).

I think I spent most of the movie just staring at michael b jordan's arms :love: :heart:

Larry B.

#1579 Post by Larry B. » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:40 am

Saw the documentary "Jaco" last night. Nothing ground-breaking, but it was nice to see a cohesive biography of the greatest bass player to ever have lived. Check it out if you can.

creep
Site Admin

#1580 Post by creep » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:15 pm

i watched the hateful 8 tonight. it's my least favorite tarantino movie. i wanted to love it but didn't happen. it was just ok. slow moving and boring at times.

Matz

#1581 Post by Matz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:05 am

worse than django?! how about that. that one sucked so much I had to bail out after about 25 minutes

creep
Site Admin

#1582 Post by creep » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:37 am

Matz wrote:worse than django?! how about that. that one sucked so much I had to bail out after about 25 minutes
django was my least favorite until hateful 8. django was a decent movie.

Hype

#1583 Post by Hype » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:25 pm

creep wrote:i watched the hateful 8 tonight. it's my least favorite tarantino movie. i wanted to love it but didn't happen. it was just ok. slow moving and boring at times.
I think that's true of all his movies. But I like them anyway, and I'm not sure why.

kv

#1584 Post by kv » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:13 am

did i ever mention ( prob a 100 times) Tarantino was my video clerk at the local vhs store growing up? all he did was watch movies all day and night on a big projection tv in the store...hooked me up with many a badass movie

and ya almost all his stuff is slow burns

perkana

#1585 Post by perkana » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:46 am

Hype wrote:
creep wrote:i watched the hateful 8 tonight. it's my least favorite tarantino movie. i wanted to love it but didn't happen. it was just ok. slow moving and boring at times.
I think that's true of all his movies. But I like them anyway, and I'm not sure why.
Because they're good...