Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

#1501 Post by creep » Thu May 07, 2015 6:32 pm

loved the original. probably no chance this will be good....the last scene in this trailer did make me laugh though.

creep
Site Admin

#1502 Post by creep » Tue May 12, 2015 5:30 pm

i just saw a trailer for the dumbest looking movie ever.

Hype

#1503 Post by Hype » Wed May 13, 2015 5:47 am

creep wrote:loved the original. probably no chance this will be good....the last scene in this trailer did make me laugh though.

The six pack or the chick-car thing?

Ed Helms is a terrible choice to play Chevy Chase's son (or whatever stupid framing device they're using to do the same movie again).

But there are no middling male leads that could play that old school cranky dad the right way.

Also, didn't Robin Williams already make this movie?

Artemis

#1504 Post by Artemis » Wed May 13, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm looking forward to Mad Max: Fury Road

DIRECTOR:GEORGE MILLER
CAST:TOM HARDY, CHARLIZE THERON, NICHOLAS HOULT, ZOË KRAVITZ

Pretty good review and info here:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/05/11/m ... oad-review
THE VERDICT

The over-the-top stunts and eccentric characters and designs are all hugely important to Fury Road, as are the troubled figures like Max himself and Furiosa, but it’s the overriding sense of the film’s uniqueness, its striving to be something more than just another action movie, that is most impressive. Mad Max: Fury Road is a one of a kind. Like the world it creates, it is a thing of beautiful brutality.

Pandemonium

#1505 Post by Pandemonium » Wed May 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Artemis wrote:I'm looking forward to Mad Max: Fury Road

This movie is getting almost universally great reviews.

kv

#1506 Post by kv » Wed May 13, 2015 4:57 pm

i know and i just don't believe it..it looks so extra cheesey and staged action stunt....we shall see it looks like a vegas show of mad max

mockbee

#1507 Post by mockbee » Thu May 14, 2015 6:45 am

Pretty good review and info here:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/05/11/m ... oad-review
THE VERDICT

The over-the-top stunts and eccentric characters and designs are all hugely important to Fury Road, as are the troubled figures like Max himself and Furiosa, but it’s the overriding sense of the film’s uniqueness, its striving to be something more than just another action movie, that is most impressive. Mad Max: Fury Road is a one of a kind. Like the world it creates, it is a thing of beautiful brutality.

My brother was actually the tech consultant for that clip, he works at some digital ad company in LA. :banana:

He said the movie is really good. That was it.

I want to like it but seeing the clip, I have little interest.......we'll see, maybe I will actually go see an action movie. :noclue:

The last big budget film I think I saw in the theater was King Kong, or no, Skyfall.......King Kong before that.

Some of this clip was interesting, funny. Aussies are funny. :hehe:

Matz

#1508 Post by Matz » Thu May 14, 2015 8:53 am

Pandemonium wrote:

This movie is getting almost universally great reviews.
cool, the sequel to 2pac's California Love video is finally here

creep
Site Admin

#1509 Post by creep » Sat May 16, 2015 6:31 am

i watched ex machina last night. pretty good movie.
A young coder at the world's largest internet company, wins a competition to spend a week at a private retreat belonging to the reclusive CEO of the company. One arrival he learns that he must participate in a bizarre experiment which involves interacting with the world's first true artificial intelligence, which comes in the form of a beautiful female robot.

perkana

#1510 Post by perkana » Sat May 16, 2015 8:17 am

creep wrote:i just saw a trailer for the dumbest looking movie ever.

Don't know about you, but I'm going to watch this :lol:

clickie

#1511 Post by clickie » Sun May 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Are the numbers in yet? did Pitch Perfect 2 beat Mad Max? No but seriously, I'm gonna go see 'Mad Max' tomorrow, it looks like a good time.

Pandemonium

#1512 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 22, 2015 3:30 pm

I watched the 3D Blu-ray of this last night. I really, REALLY wanted to like this movie but frankly, that "Honest Trailer" and the mostly negative reviews nail the numerous issues this movie has. I will say the movie looks and sound gorgeous but in many ways, it's like David Lynch's "Dune" (or more appropriately, Star Wars EP1) magnified times a thousand.

BTW, I quickly lost count of how many times Kunis' resorted to biting her lip to express any emotion. It should really be a drinking game.

Pandemonium

#1513 Post by Pandemonium » Sat May 30, 2015 11:28 am

LOL, kung fu, explosions beyond explosions, physics-defying stunts, crowds fighting in Darth Vader helmets, dinosaurs, cave babes with machine guns, 100 ft tall Thor, dated 80's computer tech and of course, David Hasselhoff singing the music video. Jaw dropping.

farrellgirl99

#1514 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 pm

I usually never watch action movies, but I saw Mad Max: Fury Road and loved it. it was awesome and totally bananas and feminist to boot. i throughly enjoyed it.

Artemis

#1515 Post by Artemis » Sat May 30, 2015 2:02 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:I usually never watch action movies, but I saw Mad Max: Fury Road and loved it. it was awesome and totally bananas and feminist to boot. i throughly enjoyed it.
I saw it this past week too. :rockon
The action flick is not my preferred movie genre, but I do enjoy some of them. I too was really impressed with this movie and felt that it lived it up to the hype. My skepticism was brief as I was immediately absorbed.
One of the things I loved was how Furiosa's disability was just part of her. The viewer was not made to feel sorry for her or feel she was weak in any way; no teary back story about how she lost it. Though some have criticized the lack of dialogue in this movie, I think that's one of its strengths. I would see this movie again for sure!
Also, I thought what fun it must have been to work on the costumes, make-up, and sets. :cool:

perkana

#1516 Post by perkana » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:48 am

Artemis wrote:Though some have criticized the lack of dialogue in this movie, I think that's one of its strengths.
I think that gave it a comics book vibe. And I agree, I would watch it again, but next time in a 4DX theater. P.S. I thought Nicholas Hoult was adorable as a kamikaze driver.

Larry B.

#1517 Post by Larry B. » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:39 am

I've just seen Alejandro de la Iglesia's documentary "Messi". Made me cry. If you're a fan of football and are in awe of Messi, I'd recommend it. 6/10.

Pandemonium

#1518 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:22 pm

I watched "Chappie" last night. Not as good and fresh as District 9 but better than Elysium which I though was a hugely disappointing turn for the director Neill Blomkamp. Chappie isn't great by any stretch, there's some super annoying characters and often the plot and character motivations are all over the map and the movie bears an uncomfortably similarity to the original Robocop (and maybe "Short Circuit") but it does have some good moments and there's some touching scenes with "Chappie" as it's first learning human behavior. Worth a rental but lower your expectations.

perkana

#1519 Post by perkana » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:31 pm

I bet the guys from Die Antwoord (the couple who "adopted" Chappie) annoyed you! I actually liked it. It's kinda sweet and sad.

Pandemonium

#1520 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:20 pm

perkana wrote:I bet the guys from Die Antwoord (the couple who "adopted" Chappie) annoyed you! I actually liked it. It's kinda sweet and sad.
Heh, I had no idea who the couple was and to be fair, it was more what they had to work with in the script that was subpar vs their performances.

Bandit72

#1521 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:57 am

I hope this is as good as the book.

kv

#1522 Post by kv » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:56 am

they are never as good as the book

mockbee

#1523 Post by mockbee » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:33 am

Bandit72 wrote:I hope this is as good as the book.

Wow. When I clicked on the link I was thinking......great.....another shitty mountain movie. But it actually looked pretty good. I will see this. I am really stoked for the scenery and it has a really good cast. They can put shit actors in these and people will still go.

I'll probably see it with my dad. It feels like your body is dying at 17,000' , I can't imagine 25,000+.....

The book was fine, the movie may be better if they do it right.

Or maybe they are just getting damn good at the previews.

:banana:

creep
Site Admin

#1524 Post by creep » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:23 pm

mockbee wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:I hope this is as good as the book.

Wow. When I clicked on the link I was thinking......great.....another shitty mountain movie. But it actually looked pretty good. I will see this. I am really stoked for the scenery and it has a really good cast. They can put shit actors in these and people will still go.

I'll probably see it with my dad. It feels like your body is dying at 17,000' , I can't imagine 25,000+.....

The book was fine, the movie may be better if they do it right.

Or maybe they are just getting damn good at the previews.

:banana:
yeah actually looks pretty good. i will see it.

Matz

#1525 Post by Matz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:41 pm

not overwhelmed, but I'll definitely check it out, I've probably read the book three times. Is Gyllenhaal Scott Fischer!? Hope not, Fischer was way cooler than that