Joe Bonamassa

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Warped

Joe Bonamassa

#1 Post by Warped » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 am

I am soooo hooked on this guy, i am listening to his stuff for days now. My brother turned me on to his music and i can say i rarely got touched by musicians that much (expect the old JA stuff for sure). Not only can he play like god he sings great too.
I am so happy we got tickets for March 10 - me and my hubby are going.

Lots of great stuff to watch and listen to on ytube or his homepage jbonamassa.com - simply just listen to this:

:worship: :yeay:

Matz

Re: Joe Bonamassa

#2 Post by Matz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 am

mixed emotions about this guy. He's got great guitar chops and he's a very competent singer and he's got some really good songs too. But he also has plenty of not so great ones IMO. I'm also really burned out on blues guitar playing. It's just the same runs those players do over and over and over. cliche after cliche. I think if I saw him live the first 30 minutes would be cool and then I'd get bored

Warped

Re: Joe Bonamassa

#3 Post by Warped » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:54 am

I know what you mean but i think that Joe differs from those ones. He has a lot more really fast rocking songs and he puts on a great energy show. I am not into this minutes long blues soloing over and over again. That bores me to death too.
I watched some of Joe's shows on dvd and i did not get bored for a second.