True Blood (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

True Blood (HBO)

#1 Post by Jasper » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:57 am

It's still the worst show I watch, but Sunday is my TV-watching night, and I'm always sad when Breaking Bad is over, so it's nice to have this is a consolation.

I'm actually surprised that this season isn't as crappy as the other recent seasons. I fully expected the worst. So far it's been pretty good.

In other HBO news, as I understand it, Boardwalk Empire will be back in September. That seems really fast for some reason, but I'll take it.

ellis

Re: True Blood (HBO)

#2 Post by ellis » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:55 am

I'm forced to suffer through this show. Season 1 was hilarious, especially when Jason Stackhouse was a bumbling idiot. Now his character is becoming too serious.

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Although it's still too soap opera-y for my tastes and there's way too many plot threads going at any time, I think this season is a step up from the last two seasons.

perkana

#4 Post by perkana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:36 am

fuck the witch story!! and the fairies, though I'm glad they're less on this season...I love Bill becoming king of Louisiana, can't believe that's a British actor doing a Southern accent. But well they're great at doing that.
Glad to hear Boarwalk will be back so soon...need to rewatch first season.

Jasper

#5 Post by Jasper » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:25 am

The actor who plays Jason is Australian. He does a great job with the accent as well.

perkana

#6 Post by perkana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:27 pm

yup, he's very believable...

Pandemonium

#7 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:52 pm

I watched this awful sci-fi/horror flick called "Preist" over the weekend on Blu-ray.

Initially I thought this movie might be a lot better than the preview I saw months ago would have led me to believe. But unfortunately after the first vampire attack, it turned out to be a pretty simple, lousy movie. Vampires are mostly bland, nearly faceless CGI monsters like something out of a Resident Evil video game with the exception of one character who was your basic human looking vampire.

I thought True Blood's Stephen Moyer, Brad Dourif and Christopher Plummer were absolutely wasted in their respective (small) roles. I noticed some small bits throughout the film seemed to be swipes from various quirky Asian cult films like Kung Fu Hustle and The Good, The Bad And The Weird but nothing that added significantly to this movie. And limited the interesting (looking) Queen Vampire to a few seconds of screen time was an utterly wasted opportunity. At least this turd of a movie clocked in at a fast hour and a half so it didn't overstay it's welcome.

BTW, last nights TB was among the talkiest, do nothing episodes ever.

perkana

#8 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Jennifer Connelly's hubby is in it too right? (I just can't remember his name, British guy, who also was in the angel/demons movie)
I just wasn't into that movie, even when they tried to sell it as based on the graphic novel (sorry in advance to connoiseurs)

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:10 pm

oh my god i hope sookie doesn't die. what a cliffhanger.... and tara was almost killed. :jerkit:

i'm so sick of them doing this. that is why game of thrones is so good. people actually die. they don't tease it.

perkana

#10 Post by perkana » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:38 pm

I just want to see the shower scene!!!! hopefully they'll show it this week.

Pandemonium

#11 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:19 am

I FF'd through a good chunk of this week's EP. The nonsense with Eric and Sookie in what appeared to be a snow globe screwing just put me off. I keep waiting for the witch lady to sing "Heaven and Hell" in Ronnie James Dio's voice while flashing the devil horns. Jason's still pretty though - dropping on the floor to do push-ups after kicking Jessica out of his house.

creep
Site Admin

#12 Post by creep » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:26 pm

easily the dumbest season ever.

i can only hope tara is really dead but i know that will never happen.

i like the guy (character) of the vampire that was dug up...can't remember his name so having him back next season will be good.

Pandemonium

#13 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm

creep wrote:easily the dumbest season ever.

i can only hope tara is really dead but i know that will never happen.

i like the guy (character) of the vampire that was dug up...can't remember his name so having him back next season will be good.
Heh, nice spoiler. Hopefully they have the balls to keep Tara dead as her character has long since been played out. Also glad they got rid of Tommy. Bringing back Russell Edgington next season who was or is one of the best characters in the series is a good move.

Also, I think this season was a bit better than the last season although the actress who played Marnie was almost as annoying as the Maynard character or whatever the fuck Magic Rhino Woman was called back in season 2. But you may be right when I think about the whole "dumb puppy" Eric shtick just so he can screw Sookie.

perkana

#14 Post by perkana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:33 pm

I have to say I've really lost interest in this shit...I'll stick to the books

erotic cheeses

#15 Post by erotic cheeses » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:24 am

this thing should have ended after series one - total junk now

creep
Site Admin

#16 Post by creep » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:03 pm

i really try to give this show a chance but it's just so bad now. am i wrong? did anyone think this was a good episode? just more dumb story lines. the only characters and story i find a tiny bit interesting is bill and eric. oh and what a shocker tara lives. :jasper:

i'm much more excited for veep that is on right after true blood.

Jasper

#17 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:08 pm

I didn't even know it was on tonight. That's how much I was anticipating its return. I didn't even remember that Tara was dead or dying. Nothing that happens seems to be of any consequence, because it feels like it's being made up on the spot by a learning disabled 3rd grader. I'll try to watch this episode, but it seems like it's going to be a chore. That said, I've watched all of it so far, steaming pile of shit that it is. Now that there's Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, and Game of fucking Thrones, there's just no need for this thing. It looks so bad in contrast.

kv

#18 Post by kv » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:11 pm

WELL SINCE HALF THE SHOWS YOU NAMED AREN'T CURRENTLY RUNNING I GUESS THERE IS ROOM...BUT YA NOT FOR ME

WEE CAPS TOO LAZY AS ALWAYS TO CHANGE SO SORRY

crater

#19 Post by crater » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:12 pm

I watched it .. but it used to be because I actually enjoyed the show, now I only watch just to see Jessica :boobs:

kv

#20 Post by kv » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:13 pm

just sucks boardwalk empire is still 3-4 months away

perkana

#21 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:09 pm

didn't watch it, watched a presidential debate instead...Thought I would feel bad, but not really...

Jasper

#22 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:58 am

I watched it. At least it wasn't any worse. It was just kinda there. Going by history, I'll probably be there watching it again next week.

Mad Men, on the other hand, was perfect...but it was the season finale. :no:
kv wrote:just sucks boardwalk empire is still 3-4 months away
Really? I didn't know it was that close, so that's actually good news to me. :lol:

Soon Breaking Bad will be here - for a short time, anyway. That doesn't quite get us to Boardwalk Empire, but it helps.

Did you guys know that Martin Scorsese is working with some network (maybe A&E - can't remember) to make a Goodfellas series? Could be incredible or could be a disaster. If they feature the same characters as the movie, it could feel a little weird. Then again, projects often fall apart before they're ever filmed.

perkana

#23 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:13 am

so there's still fairies, witches and wolves? did Russell show up? I guess now I want to watch it :lol:

clickie

#24 Post by clickie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:07 pm

hey perkana i like your new color..a/s/l ?

Pandemonium

#25 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:23 pm

I didn't even know the season was starting up again and my wife jumped my shit when she discovered I hadn't set up HBO again. So we watched it tonight.... really, frat party guitar hero? And Loboto-Tara?!? Only crazy-ass Russell can save this season.