Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby perkana » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:40 am

Hahaha, this should be my break down thread!
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby chaos » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:11 pm


George R.R. Martin on 'Dance With Dragons' shocking twist (Spoilers)
BY JAMES HIBBERD • @JAMESHIBBERD

Posted July 21 2011

If you’ve finished George R.R. Martin’s A Dance With Dragons, you probably had at least one heart-stopping shock along with more than a few somewhat less cardiac-endangering surprises. Below, Martin answers a few of EW’s burning questions about the novel’s plot twists. But here’s a very serious warning: This post contains major spoilers from the fifth novel in the “Ice and Fire” series. Do not continue reading unless you have finished Dragons.

http://www.ew.com/article/2011/07/21/dance-with-dragons-shocking-twist-g
User avatar
chaos
 
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby creep » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:17 pm

weird finale.

i wasn't bummed at all (even though it was spoiled) about jon snow. never liked the character. it was no ned stark moment. that walk of shame was pretty brutal.
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby chaos » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Image
User avatar
chaos
 
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby chaos » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Season 6 Prediction: Melisandre (the witch) will intervene to save someone (who appears to have been killed in the season 5 finale).
User avatar
chaos
 
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby creep » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:48 pm

chaos wrote:Season 6 Prediction: Melisandre (the witch) will intervene to save someone (who appears to have been killed in the season 5 finale).


didn't think of that. you are probably right.
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby kv » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:59 pm

mine is jon snow's ghost enters his wolf...ya know the one named ghost
User avatar
kv
 
Posts: 6877
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby creep » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:00 pm

kv wrote:mine is jon snow's ghost enters his wolf...ya know the one named ghost


pervert
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby perkana » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Or he could become a white walker. With this show it can be anything.
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby perkana » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:20 pm

kv wrote:mine is jon snow's ghost enters his wolf...ya know the one named ghost

That’s the most popular theory. But Melisandre could burn him before that :noclue:
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby intertwoven » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah, we can't have seen the last of him yet, right? (According to a popular fan theory) he's the titular song of ice and fire!
User avatar
intertwoven
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: The Forest Moon of Endor

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby Jasper » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:26 pm

An interview came out where Kit Harington says his character is dead and he's not coming back next season.

This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/ga ... -interview
User avatar
Jasper
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:39 am

This is intriguing. I read another where he said he wouldn't tell if he was coming back. But he definitely won't be for next season. It was nice to take a break from Bran's storyline. Looking forward to next season.
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:29 am

intertwoven wrote:Yeah, we can't have seen the last of him yet, right? (According to a popular fan theory) he's the titular song of ice and fire!

***BIG FUCKING SPOILER***
Just for you interwoven :wink:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/you-know-nothing-tv-fans?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.et44EqnG3
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 am

This sums up my feelings about Dorne this season...
Image
This really cracked me up
Image
More jokes http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/come-at-me-crow#.bonYZ0qvV
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby kv » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:51 am

but.....i was gonna read those two next wednesday...now you have ruined them for me....
User avatar
kv
 
Posts: 6877
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby Jasper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:40 am

It's hard to believe that they managed to ruin the character of Stannis, then kill him off, all in the course of only two episodes. I never wanted to see Stannis go out that way, but he'd become completely lost and deluded. Melisandre and Davos were like a little devil and a little angel, respectively, and when Stannis sent Davos away he was left alone with the devil. Luckily Davos is still with us, basically the most moral and level-headed aspect of Stannis. Melisandre is still around, but she's having a dark night of the soul. I was sort of hoping that Stannis would pull a Vader and throw her off a cliff or something, but there's no chance for any Stannis redemption now. Maybe Davos can throw her off a cliff instead.

So, I guess the death count of named characters is something like this:

Stannis - DEAD
Selyse (his wife) - DEAD
Meryn Trant - DEAD
Princess Myrcella - DEAD
Jon Snow - DEAD, at least for the foreseeable future

Theon/Reek - Possibly jumped to his death, but probably not
Sansa - Same as Theon, probably not dead

The Mountain - UNDEAD monstrosity
Image
User avatar
Jasper
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Jasper wrote:It's hard to believe that they managed to ruin the character of Stannis, then kill him off, all in the course of only two episodes. I never wanted to see Stannis go out that way, but he'd become completely lost and deluded. Melisandre and Davos were like a little devil and a little angel, respectively, and when Stannis sent Davos away he was left alone with the devil. Luckily Davos is still with us, basically the most moral and level-headed aspect of Stannis. Melisandre is still around, but she's having a dark night of the soul. I was sort of hoping that Stannis would pull a Vader and throw her off a cliff or something, but there's no chance for any Stannis redemption now. Maybe Davos can throw her off a cliff instead.

So, I guess the death count of named characters is something like this:

Stannis - DEAD
Selyse (his wife) - DEAD
Shireen (his daughter) - BURNT ALIVE
Meryn Trant - DEAD
Princess Myrcella - DEAD
Jon Snow - DEAD, at least for the foreseeable future

Theon/Reek - Possibly jumped to his death, but probably not
Sansa - Same as Theon, probably not dead

The Mountain - UNDEAD monstrosity
Image

Btw, where was Dolorous Edd when Jon got stabbed?
He was at the Hardhome massacre but I don't remember seeing him last night.
Third from l-r
Image
Oh yeah, you forgot one more person. He's dying for sure. It starts with a J
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby Jasper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Well, it was a small group that killed Jon. I'm guessing Edd was just off in some other part of the castle, doing whatever people do there in their spare time.

I didn't mention Shireen because I was only listing people who died in the finale.

perkana wrote:Oh yeah, you forgot one more person. He's dying for sure. It starts with a J


Jaqen H'ghar? OK, but he didn't really die because he didn't really exist. Apparently he's only a mask No One puts on, and anyone who becomes No One can become Jaqen H'ghar, as we saw right after Jaqen H'ghar #1 died and Jaqen H'ghar #2 appeared. So no one died, and No One died. Was it the same No One that was with Arya from the time she fled King's Landing? I don't know. I don't know if it matters, because by the time someone becomes No One, apparently they really are No One, with no identity other than that of a servant serving the Many Faced God. All of the No Ones seem to be interchangeable.
:scared: :noclue: :confused:
User avatar
Jasper
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Postby perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Jasper wrote:Well, it was a small group that killed Jon. I'm guessing Edd was just off in some other part of the castle, doing whatever people do there in their spare time.

I didn't mention Shireen because I was only listing people who died in the finale.

perkana wrote:Oh yeah, you forgot one more person. He's dying for sure. It starts with a J


Jaqen H'ghar? OK, but he didn't really die because he didn't really exist. Apparently he's only a mask No One puts on, and anyone who becomes No One can become Jaqen H'ghar, as we saw right after Jaqen H'ghar #1 died and Jaqen H'ghar #2 appeared. So no one died, and No One died. Was it the same No One that was with Arya from the time she fled King's Landing? I don't know. I don't know if it matters, because by the time someone becomes No One, apparently they really are No One, with no identity other than that of a servant serving the Many Faced God. All of the No Ones seem to be interchangeable.
:scared: :noclue: :confused:

Nope...I wasn't talking about him (I was thinking about the whole season, not only the finale). Think about episode 5.
It's not a spoiler since it's already happened, here's the link...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_(season_5)#Episodes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_the_Boy
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Music And Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests