Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#661 Post by Jasper » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:19 am

I'm very happy that Ian McShane (Al Swearengen) will have a small-but-important role in the next season of GoT. I don't know what it is, but it's confirmed that he's been cast.

Jasper

#662 Post by Jasper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Jasper wrote:I'm very happy that Ian McShane (Al Swearengen) will have a small-but-important role in the next season of GoT. I don't know what it is, but it's confirmed that he's been cast.
I guess this could kinda sorta be considered mildly spoilery, so this is a kinda sorta spoiler alert for the article below:
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 ... n-six.html

Thrones fan site Watchers on the Wall reported on the show’s Season Six casting breakdown in May, which revealed some crucial information on the forthcoming season’s new characters. The casting calls include two crucial parts that both seem to fit with what little we know about McShane’s role: EW’s sources say that McShane has “a relatively small amount of screen-time during the season, yet his character is of key importance.”

So, Exhibit A:

Pirate, man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.” He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.

Readers of George R.R. Martin’s novels will easily recognize this pirate as Euron “Crow’s Eye” Greyjoy, the villainous uncle of Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen). Fans of McShane, especially his work on Deadwood, will easily recognize that the actor is a perfect fit for a “cunning, ruthless,” “dangerous-looking man.”

And Exhibit B:

Father. Aged 50’s to 60’s, he’s one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros—a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It’s described as “a very good part” for next year and that he’s “centrally involved” in a protagonist’s storyline.

This description also smacks of a character who, up until this point, has been all but a non-factor in the show, but is far more important in Martin’s novels: Randyll Tarly, the cruel, capable father of Samwell Tarly (John Bradley). Again, this role would make sense for McShane, who has a well-established ability to present as stern, “severe and intimidating.”

perkana

#663 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:23 pm

I thought he would play that character. Stupid internet spoils everything. I still want to see it for realz. I hope it's A, that's the vibe he gives me.

creep
Site Admin

#664 Post by creep » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:44 pm

he has been on ray donovan this season. they haven't really developed his character yet so he hasn't really added much to the show.

perkana

#665 Post by perkana » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:35 pm

I completed this in 3:10 !!
Can You Arrange These “Game Of Thrones” Characters In Order Of Their Deaths?
All men must die. But in what order?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/valar-morghulis
edit: did it again and now I'm down to 2:30...

perkana

#666 Post by perkana » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:35 am

It looks like a Dane will be cast as Euron Greyjoy...
After Birgitte Hjort Sørensen made such a huge splash last season as Karsi, the doomed Wildling chieftainess, it’s no surprise that the Game of Thrones casting team might go after her Borgen co-star Pilou Asbæk. Watchers on the Wall is reporting that Asbæk has been cast as Euron Greyjoy, the dashing, eye patch-wearing uncle to Theon and Yara. Pilou was spotted on set at a significant location today, though HBO has yet to officially confirm he has the part. Asbæk, with his Joshua Jackson-esque good looks, is perfect for the role, and in this casting choice would be in keeping with the Game of Thrones tendency to pick qualified European actors who might fly somewhat under-the-radar for American audiences. (Think Charles Dance, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Liam Cunningham, and Iain Glenn.) For two and a half seasons Asbæk played Kasper Juul, the brilliant, dysfunctional, spin doctor to the Danish prime minister on Borgen. He was basically The West Wing’s Josh Lyman with much more of an edge. Despite its critical acclaim, Borgen has been hard to find in the U.S. but, coincidentally (?), became available on iTunes just today. American audiences may, however, recognize Asbæk for his role as Paolo Orsini on The Borgias and they’ll certainly recognize him after he plays Pontius Pilate in the upcoming version of Ben-Hur. (A role that was originally rumored to go to none other than Pedro Pascal.)

So brace yourselves, Game of Thrones fans, to fall in love with Asbæk. Don’t worry, he’ll be sticking around much longer than his poor Borgen co-star. In the meantime, here’s Asbæk in all his Danish glory.
P.S. I've only seen the second season of Borgen but I don't remember him. Great cast altogether.

chaos

#667 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Oops! Kit Harington May Have Just Revealed Jon Snow's Fate on Game of Thrones
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/oops-kit-har ... 00011.html

Mescal

#668 Post by Mescal » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:20 am

Ah, there's an article in Humo.

I'll buy it this week then

perkana

#669 Post by perkana » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Some dude from Downtown Abbey will be playing Sam's dad. I'm tired of Jon Snow. I'm more excited about the new actors like Richard E. Grant and Max Von Sydow.

Jasper

#670 Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:05 pm

perkana wrote:Some dude from Downtown Abbey will be playing Sam's dad. I'm tired of Jon Snow. I'm more excited about the new actors like Richard E. Grant and Max Von Sydow.
James Faulkner has the stern, cold, asshole-dad thing down, so the casting makes sense. He could be like a less-cuddly version of Tywin Lannister. :lol:

perkana

#671 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:05 am

Who is he in Downtown Abbey? I've seen some episodes here and there. Yeah, Tywin looks like a teddy bear next to him :lol:

kv

#672 Post by kv » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Downtown? :bigrin:

perkana

#673 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:34 pm

kv wrote:Downtown? :bigrin:
You like watching it?
I googled him and he played a creepy character before. He's kinda hot for an old dude :hehe:
ImageImage

mockbee

#674 Post by mockbee » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:29 pm

perkana wrote:
You like watching it?

:hehe:

Jasper

#675 Post by Jasper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:07 pm

perkana wrote:
You like watching it?
It's Downton, not Downtown. :lol:

perkana

#676 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:02 pm

:lolol: I just noticed it. Never paid attention to it.

perkana

#677 Post by perkana » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:43 pm

So why was 2015 finally the year for Game of Thrones? Well, first of all, its main competitors in the past—Breaking Bad, Homeland, and Mad Men—were either out of the running or had their day another year. But also, with the recent change in Emmy voter makeup from the elite Blue Ribbon panels of the past to a wider voting body, 2015 is the year the Emmy Awards went from quasi-populist choices to downright popular choice. And when it comes to prestige drama, you can’t be more popular than Game of Thrones. Now with 12 wins in one year, Game of Thrones can add awards-show favorite to its growing list of accomplishments.
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... aks-record

perkana

#678 Post by perkana » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Kit Harrington was a no show :wink:

perkana

#680 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:59 am

First released teaser art for season 6:

perkana

#681 Post by perkana » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:23 am

perkana

#682 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:53 pm

New trailer, dudes!!

Pandemonium

#683 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:29 pm

perkana wrote:New trailer, dudes!!
WTF with the pussy redo of the Chris Isaak tune as the backing music? IMO, any GoT promo should have Iron Maiden blasting at 11.

Jasper

#684 Post by Jasper » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:50 pm

The weak cover of a truly great Chris Isaak tune was a weird choice.

They build this show up so much, and you have to wait so long between seasons, and then it's ten quick episodes and poof! It's gone.

perkana

#685 Post by perkana » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:37 pm

I agree with Pande on the song. I still look forward to it every year and this is the first season no one knows anything about the plot line (no accidental spoilers from me). What made me happy about this trailer is that it looks like no dumb shit from Dorne will happen this season. I was very disappointed with the Sand Snakes.