Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Essence_Smith

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#441 Post by Essence_Smith » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:58 pm

MorningGlory123 wrote:Ordinarily I'd let you have that one, but everyone I've spoke to (and what I've read on the net) seem to agree it was a particularly haunting scene. I guess I envy the level you're desensitised. :noclue:

:noclue:
I watch just about everything and no matter how "graphic" it's supposed to be my suspension of disbelief is really off...certain shows that should provoke that kinda reaction usually don't...I'm thinking it's just a show and that's an actor, this is all special effects and makeup...if I saw that happen down the street from me I'd be much more disturbed...I think the context of it being a sword & sorcery help as well. If it was set in modern times it might be different. That scene messed me up only because of what it meant for Tyrion, not because of the gore...

perkana

#442 Post by perkana » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Haha, I just say what I've said since I was a kid: "This is not real".
I agree with you ES, but I agree with Jasper too. Oberyn was a very likeable character. However, this had to happen for the rest of the story. It does make sense.
I'm glad my tv doesn't have a great resolution so I didn't see in detail Oberyn's smashed head.

Essence_Smith

#443 Post by Essence_Smith » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:10 pm

perkana wrote:Haha, I just say what I've said since I was a kid: "This is not real".
I agree with you ES, but I agree with Jasper too. Oberyn was a very likeable character. However, this had to happen for the rest of the story. It does make sense.
I'm glad my tv doesn't have a great resolution so I didn't see in detail Oberyn's smashed head.
Don't get me wrong I was rooting for Oberyn, but dude got cocky and got what he deserved for being that way... should have just let him bleed out... btw did the Mountain die? From what I've read the spear was poisoned and he eventually dies, but the scene wasn't too clear...

JOEinPHX

#444 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
perkana wrote:Haha, I just say what I've said since I was a kid: "This is not real".
Don't get me wrong I was rooting for Oberyn, but dude got cocky and got what he deserved for being that way... should have just let him bleed out... btw did the Mountain die? From what I've read the spear was poisoned and he eventually dies, but the scene wasn't too clear...
Thanks for the spoiler, dick.

Can you take your "I read the book" bullshit over to the book thread?

perkana

#445 Post by perkana » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Yes, ES...let's discuss that over there. Although I'm not sure you want to get spoilers for what is coming in the near future in that thread. Better pms...

Essence_Smith

#446 Post by Essence_Smith » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Thanks for the spoiler, dick.

Can you take your "I read the book" bullshit over to the book thread?
:flip:

Sorry for the spoiler...

creep
Site Admin

#447 Post by creep » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:53 pm

i disliked everything about that episode.

dark filming bastards.

crater

#448 Post by crater » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:56 pm

I feel differently

I enjoyed every bit of it. Minus the loss of a few characters

I liked it much more than the Blackwater battle episode

perkana

#449 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:56 pm

:thumb:
Ghost :rockon:

Jasper

#450 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:34 pm

I laughed a few times thinking of creep. The wall? Check. Endless battle? Double check. All happening in the black of night? Three strikes, creep's out. :lol:

I enjoyed it. It's got to be hard to sustain that level of lurid violence for so long.

nausearockpig

#451 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:19 am

I enjoyed that episode but was a bit annoyed that it was all Wall & nothing else. No Imp, no dragons, no annoying brother of the king, no Arya. Now I gotta wait a whole week to see those characters & their stories.

Essence_Smith

#452 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:02 am

So I learned that some of us are just miserable/critical when it comes to everything, not just Jane's...kidding...I liked the episode, all Wall was needed imo as Jon hasn't had as much screen time lately, plus we needed a break from all the other goings on. Definitely good to see Ghost again, and I was glad the little kid that was operating the elevator took somebody out after what they did to his parents...never really cared for that character...and finally my man Sam stepped it up and grew a set... :lol:

perkana

#453 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:11 am

nausearockpig wrote:I enjoyed that episode but was a bit annoyed that it was all Wall & nothing else. No Imp, no dragons, no annoying brother of the king, no Arya. Now I gotta wait a whole week to see those characters & their stories.
I wanna know how they're going to finish all of them, since it's just one episode left.

Juana

#454 Post by Juana » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:12 am

I'm excited for the finale.

JOEinPHX

#455 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 am

That episode was so boring.

I do not care about Jon Snow.

I'd rather watch Arya and The Hound walk and banter for an hour.

creep
Site Admin

#456 Post by creep » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:37 am

Six7Six7 wrote:That episode was so boring.

I do not care about Jon Snow.

I'd rather watch Arya and The Hound walk and banter for an hour.
:thumb:

Essence_Smith

#457 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:57 am

When you guys see what Jon Snow ends up doing down the line, you'll care a bit more I think. I can appreciate that the ep wasn't everyone's cup of tea but to call last night boring is just dumb...too much talk boring...whole episode of fighting, also boring...alrighty then...

perkana

#458 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:12 pm

I actually liked that the whole episode was about the battle, imo, that was what it deserved.

creep
Site Admin

#459 Post by creep » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:20 pm

we all love the series. no need to take it personal if someone didn't enjoy the episode.

i'm sure i will like the final episode because the stories that i like the most will be addressed.

i like story and dialog way more than long battles. :noclue:

perkana

#460 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:26 pm

And this was about two battles actually...

creep
Site Admin

#461 Post by creep » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:16 pm

the finale was ok. maybe i expected more to happen but if more happened that usually means more people die. the only death that sucks is the hound.....if he is really dead.

for you nerds....what did arya give the ship captain. what was that? i don't remember.

perkana

#462 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:13 pm

The coin that gave her the guy who killed the first guys on her list. I forgot his name. He was from Braavos. Just checked, he's Jaqen H'gar.

Jasper

#463 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:47 pm

creep wrote:the finale was ok. maybe i expected more to happen but if more happened that usually means more people die. the only death that sucks is the hound.....if he is really dead.

for you nerds....what did arya give the ship captain. what was that? i don't remember.
perkana wrote:The coin that gave her the guy who killed the first guys on her list. I forgot his name. He was from Braavos. Just checked, he's Jaqen H'gar.

The skeleton sword fight felt a little strange after everything that happened before it...like it was from some entirely different (and much more silly) show or movie. I guess it was done about as well as you can do something like that. The Children of the Forest looked a bit more human than I expected...

The only death that sucks isn't the Hound. The death of Tywin Lannister sucks as well. It's not like he didn't deserve it, but he's one of the best actors and characters.

It was great to see Stannis ride in. Bend the fucking knee to Stannis, you scum.

Xizen47

#464 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:16 am

Got to say that Season 4 has been a bit of a let down.

The series creators really messed up some key scenes imo (Lysa going out the moon door and Tyrions final scene)

perkana

#465 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:38 am

I enjoyed it...I didn't like the dragons getting shut down in the catacombs, but it's for everyone's safety. Those cries... :nyrexall:
I agree, both of Tyrion's murders weren't what I expected. It was better in the book. But that look he gets on his way to Tywin's chambers was very scary.
Jojen's dead was kinda cartoonish, but I won't deny I felt relieved. He was just moody all the time and he only had one purpose.