Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#101 Post by creep » Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Jasper wrote:
Also, I didn't catch that Tyrion was attacked by one of the Lannister soldiers, but...
i didn't know that either so i searched it and he is not a lannister soldier. he is one of joffrey's boys.
Ser Mandon stands guard during a dinner held by Queen Cersei and Tyrion Lannister in which Cersei reveals Tyrion she has imprisoned his lover/whore. The Queen orders the knight to bring her before them. Ser Mandon and one of his sworn brothers brings in Ros.[3]

Immediately prior to the Battle of the Blackwater Ser Mandon informs Queen Cersei of a groom and two maids attempting to flee with a stolen horse and some gold cups. The Queen orders Ser Mandon to have Ilyn Payne put their heads on spikes outside the stables as a warning.

During the battle Ser Mandon and Ser Boros Blount remain at the side of King Joffrey as he oversees the city's defenses alongside Tyrion Lannister, the Hand of the King. When the forces of Stannis Baratheon reach the city and begin invading it, Joffrey departs for the safety of the Red Keep, at the urge of Queen Cersei, and orders Ser Mandon and Ser Boros to aid Tyrion.[4]

Tyrion urges a host of men-at-arms to help him fight the invaders and orders Ser Mandon and Ser Boros to join him in leading the battle. Ser Mandon is also ordered to carry the royal banner. In the midst of battle, however, Ser Mandon attempts to murder Tyrion after the latter removes his helmet but only succeeds in cutting his face. Afterward, Ser Mandon is impaled with a massive spear by Tyrion's squire, Podrick Payne, and perishes instantly.[5]

crater

#102 Post by crater » Mon May 28, 2012 5:58 pm

:nod:

Jasper

#103 Post by Jasper » Mon May 28, 2012 6:26 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Also, I didn't catch that Tyrion was attacked by one of the Lannister soldiers, but...
i didn't know that either so i searched it and he is not a lannister soldier. he is one of joffrey's boys.
Right. I guess soldier is the wrong word, but I just mean that the guy was on the Lannister side (since Joffrey's not really a Baratheon) as opposed to Stannis's side (actual Barathion). I'd initially assumed that it was one of Stannis's guys who took down Tyrion. Apparently in the books Tyrion loses the tip of his nose in that incident. George R.R. Martin is a brutal guy. Turns out he wrote this episode, and also wrote one episode last season (I think the one where Ned Stark dies).

creep
Site Admin

#104 Post by creep » Mon May 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Right. I guess soldier is the wrong word, but I just mean that the guy was on the Lannister side (since Joffrey's not really a Baratheon) as opposed to Stannis's side (actual Barathion). I'd initially assumed that it was one of Stannis's guys who took down Tyrion. Apparently in the books Tyrion loses the tip of his nose in that incident. George R.R. Martin is a brutal guy. Turns out he wrote this episode, and also wrote one episode last season (I think the one where Ned Stark dies).
by saying lannister soldier i assumed you meant one of the soldiers with tywin. :bored:

Jasper

#105 Post by Jasper » Wed May 30, 2012 7:35 pm

George R.R. Martin has a series of three short stories or novellas called The Tales of Dunk and Egg. they take place in the same world as Game of Thrones, beginning 89 years before the first book. He will be making more, so that there will be as many as 12, and they will span most of the two characters' lives, which means that they will eventually begin to involve some younger versions of older people in the main series. I decided to download the first one, The Hedge Knight, but I accidentally downloaded the graphic novel version. I just went with that, and it was pretty entertaining.
It's got Targaryens, including one of the rotten ones, and one who is hand of the king. There's also a Baratheon who is big and laughs as he beats opponents and wears a helmet with stag horns. I think he might be the grandfather of Robert/Renley/Stannis. There are some peripheral Lannisters and Tyrells. I don't think there are any Starks.

creep
Site Admin

#106 Post by creep » Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 pm

:lol: just admit it. are you a member of a game of thrones message board?

Jasper

#107 Post by Jasper » Wed May 30, 2012 7:40 pm

creep wrote::lol: just admit it. are you a member of a game of thrones message board?
No, just this thread. :noclue: Although, it might be less embarrassing than being on a message board for this band. :neutral:

I don't like spoilers, and if you go anywhere else but the Game of Thrones wiki, you're putting yourself at risk.

creep
Site Admin

#108 Post by creep » Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote::lol: just admit it. are you a member of a game of thrones message board?
No, just this thread. :noclue: Although, it might be less embarrassing than being on a message board for this band. :neutral:

I don't like spoilers, and if you go anywhere else but the Game of Thrones wiki, you're putting yourself at risk.
i'm just amazed at the shit you come up with. none of my friends watch the show so this is the only place i can kind of talk about it.

Jasper

#109 Post by Jasper » Wed May 30, 2012 7:52 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:

i'm just amazed at the shit you come up with. none of my friends watch the show so this is the only place i can kind of talk about it.
I do actually have one good friend who watches the show. He's the guy who told me about Breaking Bad. Anyway, his wife's relative gave them the books, so he started reading the first, then the second. He told me some of the little differences in the second book, but apparently the first book is pretty much exactly like the first series, although the beginning of book two was included in the end of season one.

perkana

#110 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:59 am

looks like there won't be any marathon for this season for me to catch up, but they will be showing the last episode here at the same time as the US :rockon:
so, a quick summary please, I saw last night the little dude getting almost killed (think there are like one or two episodes before the finale)

creep
Site Admin

#111 Post by creep » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:17 am

perkana wrote:looks like there won't be any marathon for this season for me to catch up, but they will be showing the last episode here at the same time as the US :rockon:
so, a quick summary please, I saw last night the little dude getting almost killed (think there are like one or two episodes before the finale)
that was the last episode. you should be up to date.

perkana

#112 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:19 am

no it wasn't...really? cause I didn't understand shit

creep
Site Admin

#113 Post by creep » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:22 am

perkana wrote:no it wasn't...really? cause I didn't understand shit
that last episode was the big war one where the little guy got sliced in the face and almost killed. are we talking the same episode?

perkana

#114 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:13 pm

yeah, in which the queen or whatever almost poisons her kid

creep
Site Admin

#115 Post by creep » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:17 pm

perkana wrote:yeah, in which the queen or whatever almost poisons her kid
yup...that was last weeks episode

Jasper

#116 Post by Jasper » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Yeah, Perkana, if you saw every show up to the big battle, then you've seen them all. If you want streaming links for any of the episodes from this season, I will try to find some live ones. Last year I watched the previous nine episodes in the week before the tenth, so I'd be completely up to speed.

perkana

#117 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:18 pm

that's my problem, I've only seen the first episode, some bits here and there and the end of last week's episode. For some reason they show it here on fridays, so usually I'm passed out or out and I never watch it and forget to watch the re-runs :sad:
If you find those links, I would really really appreciate it!

Jasper

#118 Post by Jasper » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 am

perkana wrote:that's my problem, I've only seen the first episode, some bits here and there and the end of last week's episode. For some reason they show it here on fridays, so usually I'm passed out or out and I never watch it and forget to watch the re-runs :sad:
If you find those links, I would really really appreciate it!
OK, check your inbox. :thumb:

Jasper

#119 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:55 am

Creep is amazing with the things I come up with, so he'll love this:

I was re-watching episode 2 of season 2, after sending perkana some links.

Davos (Stannis' knight) goes into Stannis' war chamber with his son, Mathos. They talk about the naval strategy involved in attacking King's Landing, until the fire priestess gives Stannis a look. Stannis says "leave us," and the men go to leave. As they are heading out, the witch stops Mathos - the one who completely believes in her religion - and whispers in his ear. When the men are gone, Stannis asks the witch what she said to Mathos. She answers, "I told him that death by fire is the purest death." Stannis asks why she said that, and she answers, "because it is true."

Stannis ends up fucking her on the war table, but that's beside the point. In episode 9, Mathos dies in Blackwater Bay, while approaching King's Landing - engulfed by wildfire.
:yikes: :lostit: :jasper:

Jasper

#120 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:00 am

Jasper wrote:Creep is amazing with the things I come up with
Creep's amazing alright :love: , but I meant "amazed."

Fuck, now I forgot what I was going to write. :banghead:

Anyway, think there are going to be any big deaths tonight? I have a hard time imagining anybody in particular dying. Then again, this is the author who killed off Drogo, when I was sure he was going to invade King's Landing, and he killed King Robert and then killed the main protagonist of the fucking story, for fuck's sake, so he could kill anybody at any time.

It seems like if Joffrey was gonna get iced this season, it would have happened in last week's episode, and the same goes for anyone else who was in King's Landing, defending it, or trying to invade it. There is the Halfhand up north, captive with Jon Snow. That guy can't be long for this world. I guess Ser Jorah could get killed, since he's taking Daenerys to the house of the undying. Those are my only guesses.

perkana

#121 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:38 pm

That was the only episode I couldn't watch (file missing or something like that)...I watched until episode 7, didn't want to make me sick of it before the finale...I understand it better now, know who is who. Thank you Jasper. You know how to make a geek happy :wink:

creep
Site Admin

#122 Post by creep » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Jasper wrote: Anyway, think there are going to be any big deaths tonight? I have a hard time imagining anybody in particular dying. Then again, this is the author who killed off Drogo, when I was sure he was going to invade King's Landing, and he killed King Robert and then killed the main protagonist of the fucking story, for fuck's sake, so he could kill anybody at any time.

It seems like if Joffrey was gonna get iced this season, it would have happened in last week's episode, and the same goes for anyone else who was in King's Landing, defending it, or trying to invade it. There is the Halfhand up north, captive with Jon Snow. That guy can't be long for this world. I guess Ser Jorah could get killed, since he's taking Daenerys to the house of the undying. Those are my only guesses.
you keep throwing out that halfhand guy getting killed. come on he is a nobody. grow some balls and pick a real character.

my money is on theon

Jasper

#123 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:33 pm

perkana wrote:That was the only episode I couldn't watch (file missing or something like that)...I watched until episode 7, didn't want to make me sick of it before the finale...I understand it better now, know who is who. Thank you Jasper. You know how to make a geek happy :wink:
Let me know which episode was missing and I'll grab another link. They've been really aggressive with the takedown orders for this show.
creep wrote:you keep throwing out that halfhand guy getting killed. come on he is a nobody. grow some balls and pick a real character.

my money is on theon
Well, shit, what could possibly save that Halfhand guy? Only thing is if the other Night Watch guys and/or Jon's missing dog wolf attack that group before they get to the main wildling army.

Theon, I dunno, but if he doesn't die, I hope he at least gets the living shit beat out of him.

I threw Jorah's name out there. Maybe he's unlikely he'd die, but I think it's a real possibility.

Whatever happens, it's gonna suck having a nine month cliffhanger. :no:

kv

#124 Post by kv » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:03 pm

yeah i wish more shows did what the walking dead did with a split season

crater

#125 Post by crater » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:13 pm

I enjoyed that quite a bit

Little dragons :rockon:

Looks like we found out what happened to Benjen :yikes:

One thing I was confused about, is I thought that Sansa left with the The Hound?

Going to watch it again right now
Last edited by crater on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.