Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#151 Post by Jasper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 am

creep wrote:i don't understand any of those pics. is it a "the wire" reference? probably since i haven't watched the wire. someday though.
Wait...you haven't watched The Wire? :yikes: Are you serious? Holy shit, creep. That's even more fucked up than kv not having watched Breaking Bad. The Wire is probably the single greatest tv drama ever made. What the hell is wrong with you?

I actually saw the below video yesterday. I was laughing my ass off, especially at his Varys. I do think I might be able to do a better ser Jorah. Not sure.
creep wrote:jasper has finally been revealed

perkana

#152 Post by perkana » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:17 am

Guess you've already seen this Funny or Die video...
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/674341 ... of-thrones

creep
Site Admin

#153 Post by creep » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 am

Jasper wrote: Wait...you haven't watched The Wire? :yikes: Are you serious? Holy shit, creep. That's even more fucked up than kv not having watched Breaking Bad. The Wire is probably the single greatest tv drama ever made. What the hell is wrong with you?
i know i will like it but i am just waiting for the right time to start. i'm sort of obsessive about these things so once i start i know it will be hours in front of the tv. this winter will be a good time to start.

Xizen47

#154 Post by Xizen47 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Jasper wrote: The Wire is probably the single greatest tv drama ever made.
:nod:

That show's in a league of its own. Perfect from start to finish.

perkana

#155 Post by perkana » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:03 am

Guess you all know, but I read this early this morning...
@GameOfThrones
One last treat: ‪#GameofThrones‬ season 3 will premiere 3/31/13.

Jasper

#156 Post by Jasper » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Deleted scene from season one, cut for time and pacing.

Brandon Stark, Ned Stark's older brother and Catelyn Tully's original betrothed, being strangled in the throne room on the orders of Aerys II Targaryen, the Mad King. The Mad King also burned Ned Stark's father alive in the throne room.

This is the man who played the Mad King. He is Dany's father (Grandfather of Dragons?) and the man whose murder earned Jaime Lannister the title of "Kingslayer."

kv

#157 Post by kv » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 pm

lol i worry about you man...if this show is ever cancelled you are gonna snap i fear

Jasper

#158 Post by Jasper » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:04 am

I was pretty annoyed when they canceled Deadwood and Carnivale before their stories could be finished, but I lived. At least if they canceled this show, the books would still be there, and I'd be free to read them instead of holding back because I don't want show spoilers.

It's HBO's 3rd-most highly rated show ever, so it's unlikely to get canceled any time soon, but since it's going to take something like 8-12 seasons total, yeah, there's a possibility that the plug could get pulled.

Hopefully they've got some kind of contract where if HBO wants to cancel it, the producers are allowed to take it to a different station, like Starz or what have you. i doubt it, but I hope so.

How many seasons did The Sopranos have, about 9? And that's with huge time gaps between some of them. Wasn't there some break that was two years or more? I don't see anything like that happening with GoT, so they've got a real chance to finish it if they keep it good.

creep
Site Admin

#159 Post by creep » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 am

Jasper wrote:I was pretty annoyed when they canceled Deadwood and Carnivale before their stories could be finished, but I lived. At least if they canceled this show, the books would still be there, and I'd be free to read them instead of holding back because I don't want show spoilers.

It's HBO's 3rd-most highly rated show ever, so it's unlikely to get canceled any time soon, but since it's going to take something like 8-12 seasons total, yeah, there's a possibility that the plug could get pulled.

Hopefully they've got some kind of contract where if HBO wants to cancel it, the producers are allowed to take it to a different station, like Starz or what have you. i doubt it, but I hope so.

How many seasons did The Sopranos have, about 9? And that's with huge time gaps between some of them. Wasn't there some break that was two years or more? I don't see anything like that happening with GoT, so they've got a real chance to finish it if they keep it good.
the problem with game of thrones is that it is so expensive to produce. it's only going to get more expensive over time. they are also stuck to the story so if a main actor leaves the show they can't just kill him off. i just can't see vern troyer as tyrion. it will be hard to keep it together.

Jasper

#160 Post by Jasper » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:06 am

HBO is in a good position right now, especially considering the onslaught of shows from Starz and AMC and the like. GoT is a big part of that. They didn't really used to have that competition, so they are happy they're doing so well now. The show is making them money, and they increased the budget 15% in the season just for that big battle. They put money into it and they get money out of it. If it's like The Sopronos, or that show with the sluts in NY, then it will just keep giving back the money for years and years. If people somehow lose interest, then they'll drop it without a second thought. Viewership has been steadily climbing, and it's kind of a show that you have to invest some mental power into to keep things sorted out. If you can get people to invest in something like that, then they'll stay around to see what happens. Look at Lost, even when it went to shit people seemed to stay with it. GoT actually has a conclusion figured out.

Look at this shit from wikipedia:

Game of Thrones: Viewers per episode (in thousands)
First airings only. Repeats and On-Demand aren't counted here.
Blue = season 1 ratings
Red = season 2 ratings
(That big dip in season two is Labor Day weekend)

Jasper

#161 Post by Jasper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:00 am

Not-so-sublte attempt to snag GoT fans with this Silent Hill 3D vidya game flick. I don't even know if there are more of these movies or what. Doubt I'll watch it, but it might be nice to see bastard and son together again. Maybe Ned and Jon Snow can finally have that talk about Jon's mother.

Jasper

#162 Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:13 pm

The night is dark and full of...Ned?
Ned, wtf are you doing with that crazy bitch?

Something else related and worth a watch:

creep
Site Admin

#163 Post by creep » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:25 pm

sorry for posting this

chaos

#164 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:18 pm

:lol:

kv

#165 Post by kv » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:44 pm

don't be sorry it's amazing..thing spread like wildfire had soo many people send me that

Jasper

#166 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 am

kv wrote:don't be sorry it's amazing..thing spread like wildfire had soo many people send me that
Don't lie to him.

You sick bastard, creep. You sick, sick bastard.

Wine almost came out of my nose the first time the little window opened up with the extra cat singing the counter-melody. :lol:

Jasper

#167 Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 am

Only six months to go! :banana:

Jasper

#168 Post by Jasper » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:02 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... web-series

Interesting. Maybe I'll give these freaks a few bucks. I'm sure it will be pretty ghetto, but it could be amusing. At least they don't have to show any of the characters seen on the show (due to the time-frame). I admire people crazy enough to try something like this, even if the final product isn't so great. Having read two of those Dunk & Egg novellas in graphic novel form, I can say that they'd each easily fit into a movie format, so it would be good to see actual films produced, although the producers of the HBO series probably wouldn't have time. It could be a good project for someone like Peter Jackson.
Pledge $500 dollars or more

Walk on role in the Pilot of Dunk & Egg as a Knight in a battle sequence + everything for $250. The remaining scenes will be shot in Southern California. Transportation is not included.
Not gonna lie - that sounds fun. :lol:

I remember seeing a fan-made short that covered a piece of the time right before the first Lord of the Rings film, and was made to be in the style of the Peter Jackson movies. It was more or less OK for an extremely low-budget thing. It's on youtube.
http://mashable.com/2012/09/15/game-of-thrones-prequel/

Hard-core fans of HBO’s popular series Game of Thrones want to create a web-based prequel, and need your help to make it a reality.

A new Kickstarter project unaffiliated with HBO or George R.R. Martin — the author of the books on which the series is based — aims to create a pilot episode for a new web series that takes place 100 years prior to the events currently shown on Game of Thrones.

Called “Dunk and Egg,” the series would occur in Martin’s fantasy world, but would include story lines from his prequel, The Hedge Knight.

“Our labor of love will explore the legend and lore of Martin’s ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ and will give fans a glimpse into the harsh medieval world of Westeros,” the Kickstarter page says. “This is a series for fans, made by fans.”

The team says it has been working to finish the pilot episode, but needs help funding the battle scene.

“We have been working extremely hard for several months to complete a pilot for ‘Dunk and Egg,’ and are ready for our biggest undertaking yet … a battle,” the page says. “We want the battle to feel authentic. As fans, we’re all working for free on this project, and getting realistic armor, costumes, swords, animals, etc. is incredibly expensive. We’ve done as much as we can, now we need your help.”

The project has already brought in more than $3,000 with the help of 65 backers. It has three weeks left to reach its goal of $10,000.

Smaller pledges will get supporters a soundtrack and Blu-Ray copy of the pilot, while bigger donors will receive walk-on roles, props and a co-executive producer credit in the show.

Jasper

#169 Post by Jasper » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Longer "Game Of Thrones" episodes are coming. EW reports that the beloved HBO fantasy series, based on George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels, will be returning with a "super-sized" Season 3.

Like prior seasons, Season 3 will be 10 episodes long, but each episode will be about four minutes longer. “Last year we had a lot of 52-minute episodes. This year is a lot of 56, 57,” "Game of Thrones" showrunner David Benioff told EW. In addition, both the premiere and finale will run over 60 minutes.

The show's producers claim that the extra minutes, added together, roughly equal another full episode. “So for people clamoring for another episode, its in there,” showrunner Dan Weiss told EW. “It’s just been cut into tiny pieces.”

The new season tackles the first half of Martin's nearly-1,000 page long "A Storm of Swords," and introduces several new characters to the show, including Clive Russell as Bryndn "The Blackfish" Tully and Diane Rigg as Lady Olenna Tyrell, "The Queen of Thorns."

perkana

#170 Post by perkana » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Read somewhere that they are actually thinking about doing season 4 (I really hope so). Yesterday I was excited watching this video with the new cast members
http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/inde ... IAXbkXOA==

Jasper

#171 Post by Jasper » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:30 pm

It goes way beyond just thinking about it. The goal is to do the entire story - that's been their approach from day one. To cover the story the series will have to be as long as 12 years, and probably no less than nine. Season 3 is only the first half of the third book (roughly). Season 4 will be the second half of the third book.

The show is wildly popular and only rose in viewership last season, so it's pretty safe to assume that season four will be greenlit a few episodes into season three.

What I need now is Twin Peaks season three.

Juana

#172 Post by Juana » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:42 pm

yeah I finally got caught up with season 2

creep
Site Admin

#173 Post by creep » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 am

Jasper

#174 Post by Jasper » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:01 am

I bet you were at least a little upset when you saw that dragon.

Jasper

#175 Post by Jasper » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 am

Season 2 deleted scenes: