Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
perkana

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#401 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:11 am

creep wrote:It looks like next episode is focused on castle black which i really have no interest in. some shit should be going down in the final episode though.
Trust me, it's going to be great.

Xizen47

#402 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:28 am

creep wrote:some shit should be going down in the final episode.

:lol:

If you only knew

perkana

#403 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:48 am

Damn, I'm going to miss Oberyn. I shouldn't have liked him. The actor playing him didn't make it easier for me. I'm already sad and still haven't watched the episode. I'm finally reading the last book. G.R.R. Martin needs to hurry up, the show is catching up really fast! Read on Vanity Fair that the producers are planning 7 seasons.
Last edited by perkana on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

perkana

#404 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:58 am

Jasper wrote:HEAVY SPOILERS IN THIS WHOLE POST

Seconding the :jasper:.

I more or less knew what was going to happen (they change things, so you can never be completely sure) but that was pretty fucking crazy.
creep wrote:you never fuck around and not kill someone in the movies or tv show.
True. I suppose the point was that his obsession got in the way of his pragmatism.

It's just too bad the character couldn't die a little further down the road, but I guess a lot of the impact comes from killing a likeable character who you've barely gotten to know. Poor guy.

Poor Jorah too. Banished from even being in the friendzone. :wavesad:
CREEP, DO NOT READ THIS!
That plot is getting so interesting in A Dance with Dragons. I'm loving this book. So many twists and turns!

Xizen47

#405 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:47 pm

perkana wrote:Damn, I'm going to miss Oberyn. I shouldn't have liked him. The actor playing him didn't make it easier for me. I'm already sad and still haven't watched the episode. I'm finally reading the last book. G.R.R. Martin needs to hurry up, the show is catching up really fast! Read on Vanity Fair that the producers are planning 7 seasons.
Martin will never be done by Season 7. We'll be lucky to get his next book before Season 5 :waits:

creep
Site Admin

#406 Post by creep » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:48 pm

perkana wrote:
Jasper wrote:HEAVY SPOILERS IN THIS WHOLE POST

Seconding the :jasper:.

I more or less knew what was going to happen (they change things, so you can never be completely sure) but that was pretty fucking crazy.
creep wrote:you never fuck around and not kill someone in the movies or tv show.
True. I suppose the point was that his obsession got in the way of his pragmatism.

It's just too bad the character couldn't die a little further down the road, but I guess a lot of the impact comes from killing a likeable character who you've barely gotten to know. Poor guy.

Poor Jorah too. Banished from even being in the friendzone. :wavesad:
CREEP, DO NOT READ THIS!
That plot is getting so interesting in A Dance with Dragons. I'm loving this book. So many twists and turns!
this all happened last night so i'm good. :wave:

perkana

#407 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Xizen47 wrote:
perkana wrote:Damn, I'm going to miss Oberyn. I shouldn't have liked him. The actor playing him didn't make it easier for me. I'm already sad and still haven't watched the episode. I'm finally reading the last book. G.R.R. Martin needs to hurry up, the show is catching up really fast! Read on Vanity Fair that the producers are planning 7 seasons.
Martin will never be done by Season 7. We'll be lucky to get his next book before Season 5 :waits:
I had a panic attack today thanks to my mom. She gave me the news that G.R.R.M. had cancer. I was so bummed out because I thought that he would definitely not finish the books. I googled him just to find out that the actor who plays Illyn Payne is the one with pancreas cancer. Now I get it why Bronn is the one who is training Jaime.

clickie

#408 Post by clickie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:27 pm

Has there ever been a case where a famous author or filmaker was in the middle of a hugely anticipated release and succumbed to illness? I'm sure there has, one that comes to mind was Stanley Kubrick and A.I.. although I dont think he even started the project yet.

perkana

#409 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:34 pm

I think Jane Austen died before she finished writing her last book. Another one that comes to mind is Jeff Buckley. I'll try to find more later...

nausearockpig

#410 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:28 pm

last night's ep was fairly boring except for the last five minutes.. I mean, I get why they had all the "boring" scenes, I just wish there was more action and OMFG moments in each episode... I mean, we waited two weeks for an episode of "Game of Conversations"......

Two eps to go - sadface....

clickie

#411 Post by clickie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:51 pm

perkana wrote:I think Jane Austen died before she finished writing her last book.
All these years and I never realised Kimberly had a sister..

Essence_Smith

#412 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:17 pm

nausearockpig wrote:last night's ep was fairly boring except for the last five minutes.. I mean, I get why they had all the "boring" scenes, I just wish there was more action and OMFG moments in each episode... I mean, we waited two weeks for an episode of "Game of Conversations"......

:essence:
If it was all blood, guts and action with nothing leading up to or following it that actually moved the story along coherently, yalls would complain about...we needed to see Stansa turn that particular corner...the Arya Hound was also needed to move the story along, etc...ya just can't satisfy everyone...

Dinklage really is the man right now...I mean the character is obviously a great one that gets some of the best lines, but dude really is a great actor in that part...supposedly he was the main guy considered for the part and there were no other people they took seriously enough to play it...he was also pretty good in the X-men flick...

I am still alllll kinds of fucked up over the end...I'm just about finishing up the first book...not too many differences from the show imo...back story and details were pretty cool.

perkana

#413 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Actually G.R.R.M. asked for him since the beginning, when he discussed with the producers about making the show. He's amazing, I remember him in a 30 Rock episode. Funny guy to boot.

creep
Site Admin

#414 Post by creep » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:32 pm

perkana wrote:Actually G.R.R.M. asked for him since the beginning, when he discussed with the producers about making the show. He's amazing, I remember him in a 30 Rock episode. Funny guy to boot.
he was good in the station agent. it's worth checking out.

as far as game of thrones...i prefer the story over the silly sword fights. i'm not a action movie fan at all. if there is a car chase in a movie i am instantly bored.

Jasper

#415 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 pm

creep wrote:as far as game of thrones...i prefer the story over the silly sword fights. i'm not a action movie fan at all. if there is a car chase in a movie i am instantly bored.
I agree about 99.9% of car chases (and over-the-top CGI battles). They completely put me to sleep and I feel the opposite sensation of the thrill that I'm probably supposed to feel. On the other hand I do like sword fights and other hand-to-hand fights if they're done well and are part of a good overall story.

I don't know if I'd say I "liked" that Red Viper/Mountain fight, since it was so tragic, but it definitely had impact.

creep
Site Admin

#416 Post by creep » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:as far as game of thrones...i prefer the story over the silly sword fights. i'm not a action movie fan at all. if there is a car chase in a movie i am instantly bored.
I agree about 99.9% of car chases (and over-the-top CGI battles). They completely put me to sleep and I feel the opposite sensation of the thrill that I'm probably supposed to feel. On the other hand I do like sword fights and other hand-to-hand fights if they're done well and are part of a good overall story.

I don't know if I'd say I "liked" that Red Viper/Mountain fight, since it was so tragic, but it definitely had impact.
most of the (short) fights and murders in game of thrones are cool. it's the long battle scenes (and especially lately the dark ones that i can hardly see) that i'm not a fan of....but yeah i will take a sword fight over a gun battle or a car chase any day.

nausearockpig

#417 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:last night's ep was fairly boring except for the last five minutes.. I mean, I get why they had all the "boring" scenes, I just wish there was more action and OMFG moments in each episode... I mean, we waited two weeks for an episode of "Game of Conversations"......

:essence:
If it was all blood, guts and action with nothing leading up to or following it that actually moved the story along coherently, yalls would complain about...we needed to see Stansa turn that particular corner...the Arya Hound was also needed to move the story along, etc...ya just can't satisfy everyone...

Dinklage really is the man right now...I mean the character is obviously a great one that gets some of the best lines, but dude really is a great actor in that part...supposedly he was the main guy considered for the part and there were no other people they took seriously enough to play it...he was also pretty good in the X-men flick...

I am still alllll kinds of fucked up over the end...I'm just about finishing up the first book...not too many differences from the show imo...back story and details were pretty cool.
Mmmm.. maybe I explained myself poorly. I'm not saying it should be stabbing and jousting all the time, that would get boring, it just seemed to me that the different scenes were a bit drab this ep.. Like the beetle conversation, did I miss the point of it? Did I miss a crucial line somewhere... Tyrion is probably my fave character and Dinklage my fave actor in the show.. The scenes were necessary, just to me, not very interesting... dunno how else to explain it...

perkana

#418 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:31 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:

most of the (short) fights and murders in game of thrones are cool. it's the long battle scenes (and especially lately the dark ones that i can hardly see) that i'm not a fan of....but yeah i will take a sword fight over a gun battle or a car chase any day.
This discussion reminded me of one of my favorite Raiders of the Lost Ark scene

Essence_Smith

#419 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:03 am

Gotta love Arya...in and OUT of character... :lol:

JOEinPHX

#420 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:22 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Gotta love Arya...in and OUT of character... :lol:

Is it wrong that I think I love her?

She's like 15 and playing a 13 year old and she's my favorite character by far.

Essence_Smith

#421 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Is it wrong that I think I love her?

She's like 15 and playing a 13 year old and she's my favorite character by far.
I believe she just turned 17 actually...so one more year and you won't have to feel as dirty...I know how you feel, cool character and seems to be a cool kid as well. The only thing that saves me from these situations is having teenage step kids... :lolol:

perkana

#422 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Kit Harington (Jon Snow) is 27 and I feel dirty for having a crush on him :lol:

nausearockpig

#423 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:28 pm

on a related note, we laughed so hard at this, we almost stopped breathing...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/69723 ... of-thrones

Everybody's Friend

#424 Post by Everybody's Friend » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:12 am

nausearockpig wrote:on a related note, we laughed so hard at this, we almost stopped breathing...

We did?

nausearockpig

#425 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Everybody's Friend wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:on a related note, we laughed so hard at this, we almost stopped breathing...

We did?
The Royal "We"....