Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#41 Post by Jasper » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 pm

I just found out that the season 2, episode 2 leak was a mistake by HBO. Some HBO division that releases online episodes screwed up and spilled the episode a week early. They quickly took it down, but it was already too late.

Anyway, I thought it was one of the best episodes yet. Some great lines from Tyrion (I may be fucking them up):

"Have you perfected the art of tearing up papers?"
"You should try her fish pie."
"I'm not questioning your honor, I'm denying its existence."

Matz

#42 Post by Matz » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 am

I've never watched any of it, but I think I should, sounds pretty good. How's my fellow Dane doing on the show, is he able to blend in or is there a thick Danish accent coming through fx? :lol: that would be bad, trust me

creep
Site Admin

#43 Post by creep » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 am

Matz wrote:I've never watched any of it, but I think I should, sounds pretty good. How's my fellow Dane doing on the show, is he able to blend in or is there a thick Danish accent coming through fx? :lol: that would be bad, trust me

he is in trouble. he has been captured by the starks and everyone is finding out that he fucked his sister and that he paralyzed a little boy trying to kill him. i never detected an accent.

Jasper

#44 Post by Jasper » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:08 am

Nice job with the spoilers, Sploiley McSpoilalot. :eyes:

Yes, Matz, you should watch it. It's excellent.

creep
Site Admin

#45 Post by creep » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:58 pm

am i wrong in thinking that was the weakest episode so far last night?

Jasper

#46 Post by Jasper » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

It was definitely a big contrast when compared to last week. A lot of things happened, but it wasn't nearly as interesting. Bummer to lose the guy who transports the people to Castle Black.

I keep wondering what Joffrey has to say about the things that Tyrion does. They haven't shown him reacting to this things. Are we supposed to assume that Joffrey can't overrule Tyrion because his Grandfather (on both sides) controls the money and the military? I mean, on one hand you'd think that Cersei could go complain to Joffrey about Tryion marrying off her daughter, but then again, Joffrey doesn't really give a shit about women, and was threatening to have his mother killed last week. I just wonder why they never show Joffrey and Tyrion interacting as King and Hand.

Anyway, there was no Daenerys Targaryen, no Stannis Baratheon, no Robb, and no Joffrey this week, so I guess we'll probably see all or most of them next week.

Jasper

#47 Post by Jasper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I think I meant to post this in the Game of Thrones thread at xiola, but never did.

Lilly Allen had a song called Alfie, about her little brother. Alfie is the puppet in this video:

Lilly Allen's brother is Alfie Allen. Alfie Allen is Theon Greyjoy. Therefor, that puppet is Theon Greyjoy.

wally

#48 Post by wally » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:27 am

ha, thats funny!

crater

#49 Post by crater » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:56 pm

What the fuck was that?! :confused: :yikes:

creep
Site Admin

#50 Post by creep » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:58 pm

:lol: pretty great episode tonight. it pretty much had everything that you would want in an episode and i did learn a new way to torture someone with a rat, bucket and some fire.

Jasper

#51 Post by Jasper » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah, good show. Wasn't quite expecting that at the end. Fast pregnancy, eh? I hope that thing (clearly some sort of Satan-like being) doesn't lay waste to Renly's army the next morning. I know they won't off Renly that quickly, but this can't be good. Stannis is a dick, and the son of the former-smuggler who serves him (he wasn't in this episode) is a little asshole. Stannis isn't even the rightful heir, unless illegitimate children are somehow barred from taking the throne. Gendry looks to be the rightful heir, but they don't know he exists.

creep
Site Admin

#52 Post by creep » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 pm

when she was giving birth to that thing i was thinking that i better pay attention to the special effects instead of looking at her naked so jasper will not be disappointed in me again.

Jasper

#53 Post by Jasper » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:52 pm

creep wrote:when she was giving birth to that thing i was thinking that i better pay attention to the special effects instead of looking at her naked so jasper will not be disappointed in me again.
Good boy. :lol: That's what watching it twice (or three times) is for. :hehe:

crater

#54 Post by crater » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Random thoughts about the most recent episode

Bummed about Renly. I liked that guy
I also like Brienne. She is a cool character
Hopefully Arya tells that assassin dude to kill Joffrey. I figured he would have been the first person she said.
I wonder if Daenerys is going to marry Metta World Peace or whatever that guys name is?

creep
Site Admin

#55 Post by creep » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:00 pm

crater wrote:Random thoughts about the most recent episode

Hopefully Arya tells that assassin dude to kill Joffrey. I figured he would have been the first person she said.
I wonder if Daenerys is going to marry Metta World Peace or whatever that guys name is?
am i the only person that doesn't know hardly anyone's names? i wish they had names like bob or joe. i always have to google the names when they are discussed.

i'm 99% sure that ned's (see easy name and i remember it) daughter will be the one to kill joffrey.

Jasper

#56 Post by Jasper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 pm

creep wrote:
crater wrote:Random thoughts about the most recent episode

am i the only person that doesn't know hardly anyone's names? i wish they had names like bob or joe. i always have to google the names when they are discussed.

i'm 99% sure that ned's (see easy name and i remember it) daughter will be the one to kill joffrey.
Ned has two daughters. :lol: I think that I know the names of virtually all of the main characters. I don't know some yet, like the "red lady" "fire priestess" or whatever. I'm forgetting the knight Joffrey uses to beat Sansa, and I'm forgetting the name of Stannis' knight, the former smuggler with missing fingers. I can't remember the wilding who now takes care of Bran, and I can't remember the guy who teaches Bran and helps him run Winterfell. I'm going to quiz myself and see what I can come up with, just off the top of my head. I'll just spell names as closely as I can.

Robert Barathion
Stannis Barathion
Renley Barathion

Gendry (Robert's bastard)

______ Tyrell (Renley's boyfriend. What's his first name again?)

Brienne

Varys (the Spider)
Little Finger (Lord Baelish)
Grand Master (that's maybe not a name, but I think it's the title of the old guy who got his beard hacked)

Eddard (Ned) Stark
Catylin (I don't know how to spell it) Stark
Robb Stark (direwolf named Grey Wind)
Arya Stark
Sansa Stark (direwolf named Lady, now dead)
Bran Stark

Sylvio Forrel (Dancing Master)

Yoren (Castle Black prisoner transporter)

The Mountain
The Hound

Hodor
Old Nan (this actress died - was Bran's nanny who told him scary stories, and was Hodor's mother)

Theon Greyjoy (can't remember any other Greyjoy names right now)

Tyrion Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Cersei Lannister
Jaime Lannister
Joffrey Barathion (actually a Lannister)

Shae (Tyrion's whore)

Braun (Tyrion's guard)

Lord Commander
John Snow (direwolf named Ghost. I can't remember his missing uncle's name, but it's _______ Stark)
Sam (John Snow's tubby friend - I can't remember the wilding girl he's in love with)

Daenarys (can't fucking spell it) Stormborn Targaryon
Kaul Drogo
Sir Jorra

:banana: That was nerdy fun.

creep
Site Admin

#57 Post by creep » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 pm

do you take notes you weirdo?

Jasper

#58 Post by Jasper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:02 pm

creep wrote:do you take notes you weirdo?
Is it just a big blur for you, and at any given time you have no idea who any of these people are or what's going on? :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#59 Post by creep » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:do you take notes you weirdo?
Is it just a big blur for you, and at any given time you have no idea who any of these people are or what's going on? :lol:
no...i know what is going on. i'm just bad with names especially the silly complicated ones they use. i have the same problem in real life. for the past five years i go in to the office every friday and see 20 coworkers and i know probably five of their names. i avoid addressing someone by their name just in case i'm wrong.

crater

#60 Post by crater » Tue May 01, 2012 6:25 am

The people In Qarth ( The 13? ) all have really bizarre names, so I don't know them yet, but I can answer these ones
Jasper wrote: I don't know some yet, like the "red lady" "fire priestess" or whatever.
Melisandre
I'm forgetting the knight Joffrey uses to beat Sansa

Meryn
and I'm forgetting the name of Stannis' knight, the former smuggler with missing fingers.
Davos
______ Tyrell (Renley's boyfriend. What's his first name again?)
Loras

crater

#61 Post by crater » Sun May 06, 2012 7:07 pm

There was a lot going on in this episode, so I need to watch it a few more times to understand it all

A couple things I can comment on

1. The Arya/assassin scene and then the death of the person she asked to be killed. Very cool and I laughed at him falling through the doorway.
2. Finally seeing that wild woman naked. I was hoping she would at some point during the series.

creep
Site Admin

#62 Post by creep » Sun May 06, 2012 7:17 pm

a lot of shit went down tonight....pretty great episode. tonight was pretty much the only time i said to myself "that would never happen". it was the typical scene that happens all the times in movies when that bastard kid captured that girl and they all decided to leave him alone to kill her. of course he doesn't kill her.

so who do you think stole the dragons? the guy that is in love with her wasn't there in the end so maybe it's him?

Jasper

#63 Post by Jasper » Mon May 07, 2012 12:05 am

creep wrote:tonight was pretty much the only time i said to myself "that would never happen". it was the typical scene that happens all the times in movies when that bastard kid captured that girl and they all decided to leave him alone to kill her. of course he doesn't kill her.
That was my exact thought at that moment.

I don't know who stole the dragons. I doubt it was the rich guy, but you never know. Could be the weirdo magicians. They foreshadowed the dragon theft pretty clearly, so it wasn't really a surprise.

Theon Greyjoy is such a little fucker. I was so hoping that the girl was going to slit his fucking throat when he was asleep in bed. At least she offed one of them. The Iron Islanders are real assholes.

creep
Site Admin

#64 Post by creep » Mon May 07, 2012 12:10 am

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:tonight was pretty much the only time i said to myself "that would never happen". it was the typical scene that happens all the times in movies when that bastard kid captured that girl and they all decided to leave him alone to kill her. of course he doesn't kill her.
That was my exact thought at that moment.

I don't know who stole the dragons. I doubt it was the rich guy, but you never know. Could be the weirdo magicians. They foreshadowed the dragon theft pretty clearly, so it wasn't really a surprise.

Theon Greyjoy is such a little fucker. I was so hoping that the girl was going to slit his fucking throat when he was asleep in bed. At least she offed one of them. The Iron Islanders are real assholes.
i guess i should have clarified which guy that is in love with her. i'm thinking maybe this guy??

Jasper

#65 Post by Jasper » Mon May 07, 2012 12:35 am

Jorra Mormont (or however it's spelled)? I seriously doubt that. I don't know if he's in love with her either, but he could be. I can't see him ever doing anything like that. You know his father is Lord Commander, right? That's John Snow's boss. John Snow is Ned Stark's bastard with the wolf up north of the wall. You know the wall, right? It's that big...wall. :lol: