Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
nausearockpig

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#761 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:02 pm

erotic cheeses wrote:I don't get how area was in a darkened room (levelling the playing field) with the waif at the end of the last episode but nothing happened?
yeah what the fuck happened there?

perkana

#762 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Jasper wrote:
Mescal wrote:What, Arya dies?

Goddamn, no spoilers in the thread please ....
It's not a spoiler. I said "What if?", and I was talking about her getting stabbed multiple times in the gut in the episode that already aired. I don't even watch ads or previews. I have no idea whether or not she'll die, but it sure would be interesting if the Waif became Arya. There's also the possibility that Arya is nursed back to health by the actress she saved. Who knows?
Good luck with Mescal :lol:
I didn't like this episode. Maybe it's because I fell asleep. The only thing that excited me was seeing The Hound alive.

creep
Site Admin

#763 Post by creep » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:43 pm

ian mcshane didn't last too long on the show.

perkana

#764 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:47 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
erotic cheeses wrote:I don't get how area was in a darkened room (levelling the playing field) with the waif at the end of the last episode but nothing happened?
That waif is a cunt :noclue:
I just can't believe the waif is the same person that plays the cool lesbian in the movie Pride.

nausearockpig

#765 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:58 pm

perkana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
That waif is a cunt :noclue:
She sure as shit is.. one second Arya was in a dark room with needle -seemingly waiting the next she's out and about.. I guess I too, read too much into that scene. i thought she was waiting in the dark for Cunty to come to try to kill her but being in the dark, Arya would smash her stupid face in.. Guess not.....

Mescal

#766 Post by Mescal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Jasper wrote:

It's not a spoiler. I said "What if?", and I was talking about her getting stabbed multiple times in the gut in the episode that already aired. I don't even watch ads or previews. I have no idea whether or not she'll die, but it sure would be interesting if the Waif became Arya. There's also the possibility that Arya is nursed back to health by the actress she saved. Who knows?
I hadn't watched the episode yet.

I have now.

nausearockpig

#767 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Mescal wrote:
Jasper wrote:

I hadn't watched the episode yet.

I have now.
which is why i never visit this topic until watching the latest episode.

Mescal

#768 Post by Mescal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Yeah, but it's just stronger than myself.

Don't think Area will die and be taken by the Waif. If that would have been the case, that would have already happened. And she must have saved that actress for a reason, no, .... the only one who will help her now

nausearockpig

#769 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Mescal wrote:Yeah, but it's just stronger than myself.

Don't think Area will die and be taken by the Waif. If that would have been the case, that would have already happened. And she must have saved that actress for a reason, no, .... the only one who will help her now
Yup, I'm tipping "actress to the rescue"...

MYXYLPLYX

#770 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 am

There's a fan theory I read that it wasn't Arya that was stabbed, but actually the faceless man, as he still owed her his life...

:noclue:

Mescal

#771 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:23 am

I think the fight for riverrun is gonna be pivotal in the series.

Snow is gonna team up with blackfish and will win from the Lannisters. The win will get more northeners by their side, which will help snow get back winterfell.

Mescal

#772 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote:There's a fan theory I read that it wasn't Arya that was stabbed, but actually the faceless man, as he still owed her his life...

seems plausible

Jasper

#773 Post by Jasper » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:07 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:There's a fan theory I read that it wasn't Arya that was stabbed, but actually the faceless man, as he still owed her his life...

He could just kill himself if he wanted to die for her, or he could just kill the Waif if the God of Death needed a body. What would be the point of pretending to be Arya? I haven't seen a man shrink in size the way he'd need to in order to look like Arya. Although the faceless "men" become "no one", they appear to retain their chromosome-determined sex. A Man is always a man. The Waif became an old woman of roughly the same physical stature.

I heard a theory suggesting that Arya might have set herself up to be attacked, knowing how the Waif would do it, using pig's blood packed under her clothes so that after leaving a trail of blood she could stage a surprise attack in the dark, where she knows how to fight (from her spell of blindness). It sounds pretty stupid, but on the other hand, she was shown being very careful, hiding out, and then we see her strolling around in the open without a care in the world. She's just hanging out on a bridge enjoying the view when she gets shanked.

JOEinPHX

#774 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:29 pm

I think Arya got stabbed. And I think she's going to need some help. And I think The Hound is going to be the one that does it.

Jasper

#775 Post by Jasper » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:I think Arya got stabbed. And I think she's going to need some help. And I think The Hound is going to be the one that does it.
Does what? :hs: They're on different continents. :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#776 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:38 am

Jasper wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:I think Arya got stabbed. And I think she's going to need some help. And I think The Hound is going to be the one that does it.
Does what? :hs: They're on different continents. :noclue:
Dragons and smoke monsters exist in this world and you're worried about distance?

He'll be on a ship to the same place she is within 1.5 episodes. Count on it.

crater

#777 Post by crater » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:03 pm

As far as the big battle episodes go, there has been better in previous seasons in my opinion, only because it was obvious to me what was about to happen during this one.

There were plenty of epic moments during it though.

Sad about Wun Wun. Not a good season to be a giant :wavesad:

creep
Site Admin

#778 Post by creep » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:05 pm

my least favorite episode of the season

perkana

#779 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:19 pm

I enjoyed the dragons a lot. I had been waiting for a scene like that since Daenerys had the eggs. I was sad about the giant too :nyrexall:

crater

#780 Post by crater » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:22 pm

crater wrote:As far as the big battle episodes go, there has been better in previous seasons in my opinion
I've changed my opinion after watching it again. This episode was the best battle episode they have ever done. Only I knew that the Knights Of Vale would show up at the last moment to make the save, so that was somewhat of a letdown because of how predictable it was for me.

Still though. Awesome episode. A+. Best episode in what has been the best season in my opinion.

Jasper

#781 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Poor Rickon was treated like a nonentity. I think his two(?) appearances this season were both mute, save for some death moans. He got quite tall, and I'm guessing his voice changed, so maybe that's why they limited his appearances and didn't let him say anything. In any case, he's been absent for so long that they should have worked in some scenes with the poor kid during the season, like him being tormented by Ramsay and so on. The audience needed to feel as if they knew him a bit better so that they'd be more invested in his welfare and his death would be more than a plot device.

Dany always looks silly riding a dragon, but at least the effect was somewhat better than the first time she did it.

The best scene was Davos finding the remains of the pyre.

perkana

#782 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:06 pm

crater wrote:
crater wrote:As far as the big battle episodes go, there has been better in previous seasons in my opinion
I've changed my opinion after watching it again. This episode was the best battle episode they have ever done. Only I knew that the Knights Of Vale would show up at the last moment to make the save, so that was somewhat of a letdown because of how predictable it was for me.

Still though. Awesome episode. A+. Best episode in what has been the best season in my opinion.
I think that in almost every season the episode before the last has been the best. My favorite scene (besides Ramsay getting eaten by his hounds) was when Jon gets all panicky while being buried by others. I disagree Jasper about Rickon. I was very touched by the Starks. And Davos has always been my favorite but after this season he is up there with Tyrion.

Mescal

#783 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:19 pm

crater wrote:

I agree!

Good to see Ramsy get what he deserved.

Too bad he's dead though

perkana

#784 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Yeah, there are no real assholes left. He brought life to the show :noclue:

crater

#785 Post by crater » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 pm

There is one thing about the episode that's bugging me though.

It's when Jon has his little get together with Ramsay before the battle. Sansa tells Ramsay that he will die tomorrow and then she rides off. After she is gone Ramsay tells Jon and the others with him that he hasn't fed his hounds for 7 days and he wonders if they will chew their eyes or balls first. Ok. Move forward to the end of the episode. Ramsey is tied to the chair and his hounds start moving around. He tells Sansa that they would never harm him, but then she says that he "hasn't fed them for 7 days, you said so yourself." When Ramsay said that, she wasn't there to hear it. Unless Jon brought up to her for some reason later on and we didn't see it :noclue:

Not a big deal obviously, but I watch each of the episodes no fewer than 5 times on average and it was something I noticed after the second time I watched this episode.