RHCP

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
SR

RHCP

#1 Post by SR » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:09 pm

A must have here....

Commence.

krakle

Re: RHCP

#2 Post by krakle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 pm

we'll see about that when the new album comes out.

but since it gotta be better than the new janes, you're right!

Jasper

#3 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 pm

krakle wrote:we'll see about that when the new album comes out.

but since it gotta be better than the new janes, you're right!
So far nu-Jane's have been soundly beating nu-Chilis...there was some agreement on that in the old thread...

ant

#4 Post by ant » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Looking forward to the new record though honestly not as much after hearing the single. Not that Raindance Maggie is a terrible song but it's not really breaking any new ground.

I too am actually digging ETTL and IF more than the new RHCP single.

Jasper

#5 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 pm

ant wrote:Looking forward to the new record though honestly not as much after hearing the single. Not that Raindance Maggie is a terrible song but it's not really breaking any new ground.

There was another song (partial) posted recently in the xiola thread:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij-gbgD1ybc[/youtube]

Everybody hated it, but I thought it was better than the new single. :noclue:

cashinnowperry

#6 Post by cashinnowperry » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Raindance Maggie definitely isn't bad, but it sounds like something that would be one of the deeper tracks on an earlier album, not a single by any means. For what it's worth, the Chilis camp claims the rest of the album sounds nothing like it. So far Jane's has the edge.

krakle

#7 Post by krakle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 pm

ant wrote:Looking forward to the new record though honestly not as much after hearing the single. Not that Raindance Maggie is a terrible song but it's not really breaking any new ground.

I think raindance maggie is very weak, with a chorus that's just too pop-ish to enjoy (at least for me). it's all very tedious. though I still kind of look forward to hearing the whole album... a little.

nu-janes is just utter crap. will maybe check them out again next decade so I think I'll stay here.

cashinnowperry

#8 Post by cashinnowperry » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 pm

krakle wrote:
I think raindance maggie is very weak, with a chorus that's just too pop-ish to enjoy (at least for me). it's all very tedious. though I still kind of look forward to hearing the whole album... a little.

nu-janes is just utter crap. will maybe check them out again next decade so I think I'll stay here.
Yeah, I can't wait to hear what a 60 year old Perry sounds like when they crank out their 5th studio album sometime in the 2020s. :oldtimer: It can't be any worse than that farce AC/DC put out a few years ago.

raindance maggie does feel a little manufactured and forced. i'm really curious to hear klinghoffer's work, hopefully he fits in, and doesn't just sit in the background the whole time.

Matz

#9 Post by Matz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:45 am

not looking forward to their album much anymore. I predict it'll be their worst. But it may have comedic value like that Meet me at the corner song has

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:34 am

I no longer care about RHCP.I used to really like them but my interest has waned over the years.

Xizen47

#11 Post by Xizen47 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:05 am

Jasper wrote: but I thought it was better than the new single. :noclue:
I agree

Matov

#12 Post by Matov » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:31 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cLY-6M7aYE[/youtube]

i like this one. it sounds a bit more out there, AKs flat vocals sound freakish with that fx in the intro, and the whole song sounds a bit darker. kind of a "what if frusciante had never rejoined the chilis, and after firing Dave they just decided to become a disco band" situation or sth :noclue:

i like it...

audio quality sucks though

ant

#13 Post by ant » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Despite the crappy recording this sounds much more promising than the single.

Jane's and the Chilis have been two of my favorite bands since the late '80s. I've continued to love RHCP and see them whenever I could, collected all the b-side etc... over the years. They've maintained a level of integrity IMO and have continued to grow with each record. I was kinda bummed with the single but I'm still looking forward to the record and after hearing this track I think they are probably still continuing that path of growth.

Pandemonium

#14 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:55 pm

cashinnowperry wrote: Yeah, I can't wait to hear what a 60 year old Perry sounds like when they crank out their 5th studio album sometime in the 2020s. :oldtimer: It can't be any worse than that farce AC/DC put out a few years ago.
Aw man, that last AC/DC album was the best thing they've done in 15 years (or the last couple albums - same thing). The tour was pretty decent as well.

cashinnowperry

#15 Post by cashinnowperry » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Aw man, that last AC/DC album was the best thing they've done in 15 years (or the last couple albums - same thing). The tour was pretty decent as well.
oh yeah? honestly i'm not their biggest fan, so i've always been a bit cynical about them i guess, probably never gave it a fair shot. can johnson still hit all of his notes?

Japhy

#16 Post by Japhy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:44 am

On that Janes / RHCP thing, it would have been cool to see Janes support them here in the UK on the late '11 tour - 3 nights at the O2 arena plus a couple extra i think. I presume it would never happen, Jane's not wanting to be support for one (Perry made a couple of digs when they supported NIN here 2 years ago), but the Dave + Flea links would make it interesting.

With regards to those RHCP shows, i wish i'd tried to get tix now as the £60 price put me off initially. Since then though i've been playing a couple of the albums over and over... i always do when it's hot in the UK... they are a total good weather band to me!

Juana

#17 Post by Juana » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:44 pm

The new album is definitely different. Especially the piano ballads very weird feel for a Chili's album as I expect energy from most Chili's music. Some of the funkier sounding songs are definitely missing Fru's right hand. The harmonies are pretty good. But its like a weaker SA.

Matz

#18 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Japhy wrote:On that Janes / RHCP thing, it would have been cool to see Janes support them here in the UK on the late '11 tour - 3 nights at the O2 arena plus a couple extra i think. I presume it would never happen, Jane's not wanting to be support for one (Perry made a couple of digs when they supported NIN here 2 years ago), but the Dave + Flea links would make it interesting.

With regards to those RHCP shows, i wish i'd tried to get tix now as the £60 price put me off initially. Since then though i've been playing a couple of the albums over and over... i always do when it's hot in the UK... they are a total good weather band to me!
it's two different audiences at this point, RCHP are way more mainstream. Besides I think that in 2011 Jane's is a much more interesting live band than RHCP, therefore it wouldn't make sense to have Jane's open for RCHP

Larry B.

#19 Post by Larry B. » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:34 pm

I don't mean to be a sourpuss... but I'm totally hating their latest material. I actually wish them the worst. Everything sounds lazy and soul-less. They should stop it ASAP... they're playing in Santiago in September, and I'm a little amazed by the fact that I have absolutely ZERO interest in going.

I'll enjoy my Tearjerker, Funky Monks and Good Time Boys :wavesad:

Matov

#20 Post by Matov » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Juana wrote:The new album is definitely different. Especially the piano ballads very weird feel for a Chili's album as I expect energy from most Chili's music. Some of the funkier sounding songs are definitely missing Fru's right hand. The harmonies are pretty good. But its like a weaker SA.
has it leaked?

Matov

#21 Post by Matov » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Larry B. wrote:I don't mean to be a sourpuss...
oh yes you do :eyes:

Larry B.

#22 Post by Larry B. » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:45 pm

:laugh:

Matz

#23 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Matov wrote:
Juana wrote:The new album is definitely different. Especially the piano ballads very weird feel for a Chili's album as I expect energy from most Chili's music. Some of the funkier sounding songs are definitely missing Fru's right hand. The harmonies are pretty good. But its like a weaker SA.
has it leaked?
I guess that Josh guy isn't exactly the prodigy he's made out to be after all

Matov

#24 Post by Matov » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:59 pm

BUT HAS IT LEAKED?!?!?!?

sorry, i'm a bit on edge

:kv:

Juana

#25 Post by Juana » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Matov wrote:BUT HAS IT LEAKED?!?!?!?

sorry, i'm a bit on edge

:kv:
It should here pretty soon dude at Perdenales has some of the songs so that means others will probably get their mits on it.