The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
kv

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

#81 Post by kv » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 am

if you don't want spoilers don't click the thread...

Jasper

#82 Post by Jasper » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:59 am

So, I went back and watched part of it again, and the hooded person had two armless walkers, each held by a chain that was attached to something that seemed to be covering its mouth. I don't know why someone would find that useful, but I'll be speculating on it, so you'd better watch out. :lol:

Maybe they're good at tracking animals. Maybe their stench keeps other walkers at bay. Maybe the three of them were best friends when they were all alive. Maybe it's just some freaky shit someone does when they've been driven mad by a zombie apocalypse. Maybe it scares off other, dangerous humans. Maybe they're good company. Maybe they're just pets. They probably have names...[blink]potential spoilers below[/blink]
Spot & Fido.

Glad this is coming back in the fall. I kind of hated it when they had that break over the winter holidays and such, but I do like the short time between seasons. Maybe shows should just stick in two-week breaks here or there, and never have a gigantically long break like we're used to suffering through. I think I might like that better, but I guess it would lead to more prime time competition that could hurt shows, as the likelihood of good shows overlapping on different networks would be greater, and it could even cause problems within the same network, I suppose. Fuck it - they should just shoot eight seasons of anything good, then release it all at once so I can watch it in two weeks. :lol:

nausearockpig

#83 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 am

those two chained, armless walkers are definitely to keep other walkers away with their stench. remember when any of our heroes shoots a walker and then rolls under it the rest can't see/smell them?

and they would need to be gagged to stop biting.. perfect...

god i can't wait till it comes back..

Matov

#84 Post by Matov » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:46 am

Jasper wrote:potential spoilers below
Spot & Fido.
:lol:

kv

#85 Post by kv » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 am

Jasper wrote:So, I went back and watched part of it again, and the hooded person had two armless walkers, each held by a chain that was attached to something that seemed to be covering its mouth. I don't know why someone would find that useful, but I'll be speculating on it, so you'd better watch out. :lol:
that was a mind fuck

Juana

#86 Post by Juana » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 am

Incase any of you are wondering about her:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Micho ... ic_Series)

JOEinPHX

#87 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Just watched. Holy crap. What a great episode.

I don't understand their methods though.

They are all driving 2000 pound vehicles which could easily turn walkers into mush, and they hang out the windows and use up all their ammo?

The guy with the RV could plow over dozens of them at a time and clear a pathway for everyone else, and he just kind of casually stops for Rick and Carl, and leaves the door wide open... which he then casually strolls by without any thoughts about what may walk through it?

Andrea is heading over to save whats-her-name (Carol?), a walker comes up behind Andrea, and whats-her-name doesn't even bother to say "there's a walker behind you!"?

Lori gets all pissed at Rick for killing Shane, even after he tells her Shane was leading him out to murder him? Is Lori really in love with Shane?

T Dog says he wants to head for the coast. While everyone else says "let's go back to where we are supposed to meet up". WTF T Dog?

Then they all start questioning whether Rick should be leading, even though every single thing he has done has been 100% correct so far. WTF, people?

I get being a little bit mental and maybe not making the best decisions while you're fighting for your life, but alot of this shit is just really amateur.

The largest vehicle runs out of gas, and rather than siphon the gas out of the smaller vehicle and put it in the larger one, they just set up camp till they can send someone to get more?

Everyone gets all pissed when Rick tells them they are all carriers. Why? What has changed? What are they going to do different with this new information? A whole lot of nothing, that's what.

:noclue:

nausearockpig

#88 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

spoiler alert.

Sorry I couldn't hide the text in "invisible" font colour as none of the available fonts match the background

http://ifanboy.com/articles/danai-gurir ... Content%29

Juana

#89 Post by Juana » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Nice I have been starting to get into the comics recently to understand the show a little bit more but I have to say the show out does the comics in a few areas in my opinion.

crater

#90 Post by crater » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Is anyone still watching this besides me?

So far this season has been great IMO

nausearockpig

#91 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:09 pm

crater wrote:Is anyone still watching this besides me?

So far this season has been great IMO
I do.

waiting for the latest episode to pop up on piratebay.. so no spoilers pls... or i'll just ignore the thread for a day or two.

Jasper

#92 Post by Jasper » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Holy shit. :lostit:

Juana

#93 Post by Juana » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Jasper wrote:Holy shit. :lostit:
yeah just saw the rerun of it

tvrec

#94 Post by tvrec » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:02 am

Or, finally two problems solved.

nausearockpig

#95 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Just watched it. Glad Lori got it but thought that it was lame they she didn't go out like she did in the comics. Still it was good to see Carl in action there.

They're dragging the compound and governor bit out a bit too slowly for my liking though.

kv

#96 Post by kv » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 am

please try and avoid book spoilers...they could have been there for 2 seasons for all i knew...now i know it won't last very long :banghead:

nausearockpig

#97 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:21 am

kv wrote:please try and avoid book spoilers...they could have been there for 2 seasons for all i knew...now i know it won't last very long :banghead:
Ah you mean about the comic book? There's not much in the show that mirrors what happens in the comics. It's all out of order and the characters are all different. You should be ok.

Sorry though, if I did spoil some of it for you. I did actually try to be unspecific in my comments for that very reason.

kv

#98 Post by kv » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:47 am

no worries i am sick and grumpy

Pandemonium

#99 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 am

Late to the show but Best buy had season 1 blu-ray on sale for $11.99 so I picked it up. Plan on watching a few eps this week.

Jasper

#100 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:57 am

Pandemonium wrote:Late to the show but Best buy had season 1 blu-ray on sale for $11.99 so I picked it up. Plan on watching a few eps this week.
Just know that this thread is full of spoilers.

Season one is good. If you don't enjoy it you might want to quit, but it was pretty disturbing and engaging, since it imagines this event occurring in a realistic world, making it a sort of survival tale like The Road or The Day After. Season two is difficult. Some upheaval (budget problems and the show creator getting canned) causes it to lag and wander a bit. There are still some good episodes, and even a couple of great ones near the end, but it really drifts at times. I mention that because if you like season one, it might be worth it to get through season two because season three gets good again on pretty much all counts (writing, directing, pacing, effects, etc.).

nausearockpig

#101 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:07 am

Just watched the latest episode. Nice.

Can't wait for Andrea to get the shock of her life soon.

blackcoffee

#102 Post by blackcoffee » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:18 am

How do I break it to my wife that I'm in love with this samurai sword wielding bad-ass?

kv

#103 Post by kv » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm

i still laugh thinking of last week "what is she just gonna do jump out of the trees 4 v 1 and start cutting us in half?" SHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

erotic cheeses

Walking dead season3

#104 Post by erotic cheeses » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:53 pm

So cool...

blackcoffee

Re: Walking dead season3

#105 Post by blackcoffee » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 pm

I don't know the comic books (graphic novels, sorry), but I do love the show. I'm wondering how many more seasons they can sustain? I imagine the governor story will wrap with Season 3, and I can imagine a Season 4 that concludes with them finding a) a cure or b) an eden of sorts among the dead