The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
JOEinPHX

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

#276 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Jasper wrote:Morgan seems less like a moral conscience and more like a delusional fool who should have learned his lesson years ago.
In a real zombie apocalypse he would have.

But this is a TV zombie apocalypse, so characters have to do dumb stuff to move the plot forward.

creep
Site Admin

#277 Post by creep » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:00 pm

all the momentum from last episode is quickly gone with this pile of poo of an episode.

the big death scene caused no reaction with me. the character never connected with me. see ya. :wave:

this was no ned stark moment.

creep
Site Admin

#278 Post by creep » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:17 pm

the talking dead guy was crying....what the fuck??? :lol:

am i the only person that didn't give a shit?

kv

#279 Post by kv » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Prob the only one watching talking dead

Jasper

#280 Post by Jasper » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:04 pm

kv wrote:Prob the only one watching talking dead
:lol: Yeah.

Anyway, I thought it was depressing, but I actually thought it was a decent episode. I knew creep would be upset by the wall-to-wall walkers.

Rick's big plan is one of the biggest disasters they've had so far. If only I could've told him about the zombie tire fire strategy. :no:

Artemis

#281 Post by Artemis » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:10 am

creep wrote:
the big death scene caused no reaction with me. the character never connected with me. see ya. :wave:
Yeah, I never really cared for that character either.

I was reading something that suggests we may not have seen what we thought we did. The intestines and blood we saw probably belong to the other person. Even if that's true, how could the one we dislike escape all those zombies?

I thought the episode was okay.
Last edited by Artemis on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

creep
Site Admin

#282 Post by creep » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:20 am

Artemis wrote: I was reading something that suggests we may not have seen what we thought did. The intestines and blood we saw are probably belong to the other person. Even if that's true, how could the one we dislike escape all those zombies?
i can see that. on the talking dead they always have the character who dies or someone from the show on after a big death. no one from the show was on. at first i did think it was the other guy that was getting chewed up.

by the way....for kv and jasper making fun of me for watching the talking dead. i usually only watch the first part to see who the guests are. if it's a good guest i watch it. i've seen maybe only five complete episodes. you would probably do the same thing if you had cable and it was automatically on after the episode ends.

Jasper

#283 Post by Jasper » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:39 am

creep wrote:by the way....for kv and jasper making fun of me for watching the talking dead. i usually only watch the first part to see who the guests are. if it's a good guest i watch it. i've seen maybe only five complete episodes. you would probably do the same thing if you had cable and it was automatically on after the episode ends.
Eh, maybe, except I do have cable. I just can't stand to watch the show with commercials.

I don't know what you and Artemis hate about Glenn so much. He was a laid back no-drama guy who never whined about the obvious need to kill people who are trying to kill you.

Artemis

#284 Post by Artemis » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:55 pm

Jasper wrote:
I don't know what you and Artemis hate about Glenn so much. He was a laid back no-drama guy who never whined about the obvious need to kill people who are trying to kill you.
I can't speak for creep, but I find Glenn's character dull and uninteresting. Marrying Maggie made him even more boring! :lol:
The positives for Glenn: reliable, resourceful, capable, trustworthy,humane, level headed. He was an important part of the core group's survival thus far. Maybe his character is too even for my liking. A little too good to be true? I mean, forgiving and trusting Nicholas so soon was obviously a bad choice.

creep
Site Admin

#285 Post by creep » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Artemis wrote:
Jasper wrote:
I can't speak for creep, but I find Glenn's character dull and uninteresting. Marrying Maggie made him even more boring! :lol:
The positives for Glenn: reliable, resourceful, capable, trustworthy,humane, level headed. He was an important part of the core group's survival thus far. Maybe his character is too even for my liking. A little too good to be true? I mean, forgiving and trusting Nicholas so soon was obviously a bad choice.
yup...boring guy. someone i would probably not be friends with in real life. nothing interesting about him.

i'm now convinced that he isn't dead though...

Jasper

#286 Post by Jasper » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Glenn virtually never acted like a flaming retard (sorry, Artemis) and that alone makes his character an oasis of reasonableness in a sea of people behaving like idiots. He seems like the type of guy I'd want in my zombie apocalypse survival crew.

I assumed he was dead, but people keep arguing that he's not dead. I'm not interested in doing research on the subject, so I'll just assume he's dead. I'll let it be a surprise if it turns out those were just Nicholas's guts, and Glenn somehow miraculously didn't even get a single small bite during that entire sequence. If they're pulling some kind of last-second unscathed rescue from that sea of walkers I'm going to be rolling my eyes pretty hard, like so:
:arrow: :eyes:

nausearockpig

#287 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Jasper wrote:Glenn virtually never acted like a flaming retard (sorry, Artemis) and that alone makes his character an oasis of reasonableness in a sea of people behaving like idiots. He seems like the type of guy I'd want in my zombie apocalypse survival crew.

I assumed he was dead, but people keep arguing that he's not dead. I'm not interested in doing research on the subject, so I'll just assume he's dead. I'll let it be a surprise if it turns out those were just Nicholas's guts, and Glenn somehow miraculously didn't even get a single small bite during that entire sequence. If they're pulling some kind of last-second unscathed rescue from that sea of walkers I'm going to be rolling my eyes pretty hard, like so:
:arrow: :eyes:
Yeah he volunteered for runs, he was a moral compass, he could shoot and kill.. not a twat, not an ego, not a gung ho fuckwit, not a pussy. lived in a tank in the first season FFS. rad...

He's supposedly not dead and next week's ep is all about Morgan (so i hear) so it's two weeks till we find out the fate of our heroes...

JOEinPHX

#288 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:20 am

kv wrote:Prob the only one watching talking dead
I watch Talking Dead.

JOEinPHX

#289 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:22 am

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Jasper wrote:
yup...boring guy. someone i would probably not be friends with in real life. nothing interesting about him.

Me too. Mostly because the TWD FB page posted this yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/16000066135774 ... 30/?type=3

Artemis

#290 Post by Artemis » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Jasper wrote:

Me too. Mostly because the TWD FB page posted this yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/16000066135774 ... 30/?type=3

Glenn being alive is lame. A couple of seasons ago he was on the brink of death with that sickness in the prison( season 3 or 4) then seemed to miraculously spring right back into action. :eyes:

#NotOnTeamGlenn

Jasper

#291 Post by Jasper » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Is that an official AMC fb page, or a fan site?

I think he's probably alive, but shouldn't be based on the situation. When they fall from the dumpster, Nicholas is on top of him, and the theory seems to be that those weren't Glenn's guts. The last time we see Glenn's face is when he puts his head back, which then has him facing the underside of the dumpster, which is the type on wheels. So, if he's alive, it seems that he probably pulls himself under the dumpster, then somehow escapes, with or without assistance. Looking carefully at the final shot from above, which shows zombies swarming the area where Glenn is lying, it seems that you can see some movement of a light object (perhaps Glenn's face) from next to the dumpster to underneath it, but it's really difficult to see.

It's silly that very often someone's walking in the woods, with nobody around, and suddenly a walker appears out of nowhere and bites them before they have any idea what's happening. Glenn was lying on the ground for a long time, surrounded by a massive swarm. That he'd escape without so much as a nibble really beggars belief.

If it's all a ruse, AMC surely got what they wanted, which is lots of people talking about it, and lots of people eager to tune in to find out what happens.

nausearockpig

#292 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Jasper wrote:Is that an official AMC fb page, or a fan site?

I think he's probably alive, but shouldn't be based on the situation. When they fall from the dumpster, Nicholas is on top of him, and the theory seems to be that those weren't Glenn's guts. The last time we see Glenn's face is when he puts his head back, which then has him facing the underside of the dumpster, which is the type on wheels. So, if he's alive, it seems that he probably pulls himself under the dumpster, then somehow escapes, with or without assistance. Looking carefully at the final shot from above, which shows zombies swarming the area where Glenn is lying, it seems that you can see some movement of a light object (perhaps Glenn's face) from next to the dumpster to underneath it, but it's really difficult to see.

It's silly that very often someone's walking in the woods, with nobody around, and suddenly a walker appears out of nowhere and bites them before they have any idea what's happening. Glenn was lying on the ground for a long time, surrounded by a massive swarm. That he'd escape without so much as a nibble really beggars belief.

If it's all a ruse, AMC surely got what they wanted, which is lots of people talking about it, and lots of people eager to tune in to find out what happens.
I like that you used the correct "beggars belief" rather what more and more people say and write: "begs belief"...

kv

#293 Post by kv » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:25 pm

i like glenn you can count on the guy...why all the hate lol

nausearockpig

#294 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:42 pm

kv wrote:i like glenn you can count on the guy...why all the hate lol
Haters gonna hate.

JOEinPHX

#295 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:45 am

I like Glenn too.

The world needs more ass kicking Asian pizza delivery boys.

Keno from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II isn't enough.

nausearockpig

#296 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:33 am

Six7Six7 wrote:I like Glenn too.

TMNT would be rad in a zombie apocalypse.... :)

creep
Site Admin

#297 Post by creep » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:07 am

:noclue: i like glenns girlfriend.

if he is dead you know rick will be all over that.

JOEinPHX

#298 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:36 pm

creep wrote::noclue: i like glenns girlfriend.

if he is dead you know rick will be all over that.
She is absolutely gorgeous in real life. Like we see her all dirty with no makeup and whatnot, but when she does it up she is amazing.

nausearockpig

#299 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:42 pm

This should come as no surprise to anyone, AMC signed for season 7.

blackcoffee

#300 Post by blackcoffee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:46 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:I like Glenn too.

Yep. Glenn is a strong character. I like him. I think he's also evolved as character. He seems to have grown up a lot.