Bauhaus

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Message
Author
User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Bauhaus

#41 Post by mockbee » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Image

It's 4:30, time for dinner kv...

:lolol:

User avatar
kv
Posts: 8606
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Bauhaus

#42 Post by kv » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:57 pm

About fucking time! I've been waiting for minutes now!

And fuck cats!

User avatar
Juana
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: Bauhaus

#43 Post by Juana » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Yeah was the Home Depot center for a bit, the Galaxy play there I believe, I think the Chargers were using it prior to the complex they will share with the Rams opening I believe next year

User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Bauhaus

#44 Post by mockbee » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Artemis wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:40 pm

I did a little more research and found that Carson is 14 miles from the airport, so seems fairly central.

The pre-sale is easy, just gives you a code to use before the general public sale. The payment plan for this show is optional, I think. Fill out the form to get your code.

I looked into some flights and if I book now, I can get a return flight for under $500 non-stop. That's not bad at all. If I go, I would do a long weekend, like, leave on Thursday, fly back Monday or Tuesday. My passport expired last month, have to get it renewed.
Did you get the presale tx?

I am waffling on making the trip, need to save money, but would really like to go. Already up to $155/tkt essentially full price. Suppose I will wait. My brother is out of town and I can crash at his place but flights would still be $200+....then a car, hassle bla blah....
great....im kv...... :lol:

:noclue:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10083
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bauhaus

#45 Post by Artemis » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm

mockbee wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Artemis wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:40 pm

I did a little more research and found that Carson is 14 miles from the airport, so seems fairly central.

The pre-sale is easy, just gives you a code to use before the general public sale. The payment plan for this show is optional, I think. Fill out the form to get your code.

I looked into some flights and if I book now, I can get a return flight for under $500 non-stop. That's not bad at all. If I go, I would do a long weekend, like, leave on Thursday, fly back Monday or Tuesday. My passport expired last month, have to get it renewed.
Did you get the presale tx?

I am waffling on making the trip, need to save money, but would really like to go. Already up to $155/tkt essentially full price. Suppose I will wait. My brother is out of town and I can crash at his place but flights would still be $200+....then a car, hassle bla blah....
great....im kv...... :lol:

:noclue:
No, I didn't buy tickets. I emailed some friends to gauge interest. I don't want to go by myself to this, would be fun to travel with at least one person to share expenses for hotel and car. I doubt I'll end up going though. I need to save money too. The entire electrical system and domestic plumbing in my building is being replaced this year with a hefty special assessment. My share for my apartment is $26K with another 5-15k for electrical work inside my place. Also, the exchange rate isn't that great for Canadians right now.

User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Bauhaus

#46 Post by mockbee » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Yikes.
I hate HOAs I had a couple under my belt, at least I sold one...whew.

Never had special assessment. I think I would blow a fuse.
Already pay over $300 a month and that gets me exactly nothing. No amenities, no grounds/shared space, no pool, no water!, no nothin' ...just garbage and reserves. Hello Reserves! Why doesn't that pay expected improvements like new plumbing/electric after 30/40 years????
They had a special assesment before I got this place. I think I paid for it in the asking price....

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 10211
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Bauhaus

#47 Post by creep » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:06 am

a few years ago i was buying a place and literally one day before closing a special assessment of 20k for siding was announced by the hoa board. the seller claimed he had no idea and was not willing to pay so i backed out. i was out the appraisal money and a few other things but much better than 20k.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10083
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bauhaus

#48 Post by Artemis » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:59 am

My building was built in the 30s and upgrades to Electrical and Plumbing have not been done in recent years. The electrical is below standard and does not meet current fire codes and regulations. The electrical is a mishmash from the 40s, 70s and 90s! The engineers we hired to work on this project said they were surprised that there hasn't been a fire. A couple of the apartments still have knob&tube wiring! :yikes: The pipes are quite old as well, and a mishmash too. In addition, we're undergoing major restoration to the exterior of the building, tuck-pointing, replacing bricks, and rebuilding the balconies, and other things like waterproofing. After these huge projects are complete in the next two years, we should only have cosmetic things to do like painting, replacing carpets, etc. We should probably move this part of the Bauhaus chat to a different thread.. :lol:

User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Bauhaus

#49 Post by mockbee » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:14 am

Artemis wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:59 am
We should probably move this part of the Bauhaus chat to a different thread.. :lol:
I don't know about that..... :wink:

I seem to remember you posting pictures or link of your building several years ago....ah... here we go:


Image



Actually very close - directly inspired by Bauhaus school - which was, as I am sure you know, the precursor to modernism (Gropius, Breuer, Meis) and the International style.(Corbusier)
:cool:

Image

Image



So, in actuality, this portion of the conversation is totally on point.

Panda needed to be more specific and include (Band) in the title.

:hehe:

:lol:

User avatar
Hype
Posts: 7001
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Bauhaus

#50 Post by Hype » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:16 am

I went to the Bauhaus Archiv many years ago. It was very disappointing. The band is better, even if they're just phoning it in.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10083
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bauhaus

#51 Post by Artemis » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:58 am

mockbee wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:14 am

So, in actuality, this portion of the conversation is totally on point.

Panda needed to be more specific and include (Band) in the title.

:hehe:

:lol:
:lol:

User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Bauhaus

#52 Post by mockbee » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 am

Hype wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:16 am
I went to the Bauhaus Archiv many years ago. It was very disappointing. The band is better, even if they're just phoning it in.
Should have took the short train to Dessau and gone to the real thing.
:noclue:

The school is a temple (architecture wise)if you know what you are looking at. Pretty much changed/influenced 75% of designed buildings/space in last 80 years.
The stairs and glass curtain wall and facade scale ....yseah.

:rockon:

Noonesshocking
Posts: 647
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Bauhaus

#53 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 am

No indication they’re coming to Philly soon or ever, so I bought NYC tix last night. Would rather make a trip than wait and regret never seeing them.

User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Bauhaus

#54 Post by mockbee » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 am

...
Last edited by mockbee on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Bauhaus

#55 Post by mockbee » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:49 am

Artemis wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm
mockbee wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Artemis wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:40 pm

I did a little more research and found that Carson is 14 miles from the airport, so seems fairly central.

The pre-sale is easy, just gives you a code to use before the general public sale. The payment plan for this show is optional, I think. Fill out the form to get your code.

I looked into some flights and if I book now, I can get a return flight for under $500 non-stop. That's not bad at all. If I go, I would do a long weekend, like, leave on Thursday, fly back Monday or Tuesday. My passport expired last month, have to get it renewed.
Did you get the presale tx?

I am waffling on making the trip, need to save money, but would really like to go. Already up to $155/tkt essentially full price. Suppose I will wait. My brother is out of town and I can crash at his place but flights would still be $200+....then a car, hassle bla blah....
great....im kv...... :lol:

:noclue:
No, I didn't buy tickets. I emailed some friends to gauge interest. I don't want to go by myself to this, would be fun to travel with at least one person to share expenses for hotel and car. I doubt I'll end up going though. I need to save money too. The entire electrical system and domestic plumbing in my building is being replaced this year with a hefty special assessment. My share for my apartment is $26K with another 5-15k for electrical work inside my place. Also, the exchange rate isn't that great for Canadians right now.
https://cruelworldfest.com

All tickets sold out.

:wavesad:

Now I am regretting this not getting tickets. :balls:

This is kv and panda's fault. They lulled me into a state of aloufness that dampened my frenetic inclination to get a ticket. Thanks a lot guys..... :conf: :flip:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10083
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bauhaus

#56 Post by Artemis » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:44 pm

Bauhaus has added some more dates for their 2022 tour for those interested.

I'm going to try for the pre-sale tomorrow for the Toronto show on Sept 6. That's a busy concert week! I'm double-booked on the 7th with Idles tickets & Roxy Music 50 w/ St. Vincent. I'm selling the Idles tickets.


https://post-punk.com/bauhaus-expand-to ... 3pOM04hmyY

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10083
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bauhaus

#57 Post by Artemis » Sat May 21, 2022 3:15 pm

Full Bauhaus set at Cruel World Festival 05/14/22(fan footage)


0:38 Double Dare
5:38 In The Flat Field
8:58 A God In An Alcove
12:46 A Spy In The Cab
17:05 She’s In Parties
22:37 Kick In The Eye
26:16 Rosegarden Of Funeral Sores
31:13 Bela Lugosi’s Dead
39:15 Silent Hedges
42:33 The Passion Of Lovers
45:53 Stigmata Martyr
49:18 Dark Entries
53:16 Ziggy Stardust
56:09 Peter says, “Goodnight–Thank you very much!”

I decided not to get tickets for because the prices are $107.50 for general admission. If I'm going to spend over $100 for a ticket I want a seat! Also, last time I saw Peter Murphy solo, I was a little disappointed because his performance was mediocre. He rushed through all the songs and was a generally a dick to the fans. Well, now I'm thinking I might change my mind and spring for a ticket in September. #FOMO :lol:

User avatar
kv
Posts: 8606
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Bauhaus

#58 Post by kv » Sat May 21, 2022 3:32 pm

He still holds the number one spot for me after 1000+ shows...biggest dick/worst show...was him solo prob 91ish....still love me some Bauhaus though...get there art!

Noonesshocking
Posts: 647
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Bauhaus

#59 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon May 23, 2022 2:46 pm

Did anyone else completely miss that they put out a new song a few months ago?

It was made in an interesting way and it's pretty cool actually.

If this band can get over their epic blowouts and make new songs every 15+ years, why the hell can't OG Jane's? :balls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqF_WOZfo9w

Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4965
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Bauhaus

#60 Post by Hokahey » Mon May 23, 2022 5:10 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:46 pm
Did anyone else completely miss that they put out a new song a few months ago?

It was made in an interesting way and it's pretty cool actually.

If this band can get over their epic blowouts and make new songs every 15+ years, why the hell can't OG Jane's? :balls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqF_WOZfo9w
Because then they wouldn't be the most comically inept band of all time.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 8606
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Bauhaus

#61 Post by kv » Mon May 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:10 pm
Noonesshocking wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:46 pm
Did anyone else completely miss that they put out a new song a few months ago?

It was made in an interesting way and it's pretty cool actually.

If this band can get over their epic blowouts and make new songs every 15+ years, why the hell can't OG Jane's? :balls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqF_WOZfo9w
Because then they wouldn't be the most comically inept band of all time.
so sad, so true...even Millie Vanilli had the sense to stop..

ESY
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: Bauhaus

#62 Post by ESY » Tue May 24, 2022 2:46 pm

Saw them on Sunday in SF. They are so fucking great! No singsonging through old hits, a la Perry. Fucking intense. Ash is always incredible. David J and Kevin Haskins were just locked in. And Murphy was the pagan shaman holding it all together. I was way up front and was sharing a joint and dancing with a cool group that I later saw David J post as friends of his. That was cool.
Attachments
4DB2C5C8-4183-4C55-BE0B-6F204AD8AC66.jpeg
4DB2C5C8-4183-4C55-BE0B-6F204AD8AC66.jpeg (91.16 KiB) Viewed 1296 times

User avatar
Pandemonium
Posts: 5696
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Bauhaus

#63 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:55 am

Bauhaus has cancelled their remaining North America 2022 dates due to Peter Murphy needing to go into rehab. You'd think after suffering a serious heart attack almost exactly 3 years ago, he'd get the message but apparently no.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10083
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bauhaus

#64 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:56 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:55 am
Bauhaus has cancelled their remaining North America 2022 dates due to Peter Murphy needing to go into rehab. You'd think after suffering a serious heart attack almost exactly 3 years ago, he'd get the message but apparently no.
Exactly! And before that, don't recall when, he was in a car accident- drunk and in possession of meth!

I was on the fence about going to this show because I have tickets for the next night for something else and didn't want to be in a large crowded space two nights in a row.

clickie
Posts: 3685
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Bauhaus

#65 Post by clickie » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:27 am

Hopefully that's his final wake-up call and he straightens out. It sounds exhausting. Crashing the car,getting arrested, going to to rehab, going to court dates, having a heart attack, smoking meth, all this while he's planning to go on tour.

Post Reply