RIP Batman

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
chaos

RIP Batman

#1 Post by chaos » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:49 am

I remember playing outside with my friends (when kids still did that :lol: ) and everyone taking a break around 4 or 4:30 to go inside to watch batman reruns ("same bat time, same bat channel" :lol: ).
Adam West, who portrayed Batman in 1960s TV series, dies at 88
Times wires
Saturday, June 10, 2017 12:30pm

Actor Adam West during an appearance at New York Comic-Con on Oct. 6, 2016 in New York City. West died at age 88. [Mike Coppola | Getty Images]

LOS ANGELES — The family of Adam West, whose straight-faced portrayal of Batman in a 1960s TV series lifted the tight-clad Caped Crusader into the national consciousness, says he has died at age 88.

Family members said on a verified Facebook page that West died Friday night after "a short but brave battle with leukemia."

West played the superhero straight for kids and funny for adults.

He initially chaffed at being typecast after Batman went off the air after three seasons.

But he was pleased in later years to have had a role in kicking off a big-budget film franchise showing the character's appeal.

He returned to the role in an episode of the "The Simpsons."

More recently, he did the voice of nutty Mayor Adam West in the long-running Family Guy series.

This is a developing story. Stay with tampabay.com for updates.

perkana

Re: RIP Batman

#2 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:52 pm

I used to watch it before going to school (when there was a pollution contingency plan, school started at 9 am). He stole my heart when he asked for milk at a bar :heart:

And of course, the batusi...