37-Year-Old Makes Absolutely Heartbreaking Last-Ditch Effort

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Hype

37-Year-Old Makes Absolutely Heartbreaking Last-Ditch Effort

#1 Post by Hype » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:16 pm

37-Year-Old Makes Absolutely Heartbreaking Last-Ditch Effort To Get Really Into New Band
INDIANAPOLIS—Saying he was really starting to appreciate the group’s sound, local 37-year-old Ed Johnstone reportedly made an absolutely heartbreaking last-ditch effort this week to get into a new band. “I listened to the most popular Twenty One Pilots tracks on Spotify to get a good feel for the band, and then I checked out a few of their records—they’ve got some pretty great tunes,” said Johnstone, who pitifully forced himself to listen to the band’s 2013 album, Vessel, on repeat in an effort to familiarize himself with the group before making a completely excruciating attempt at discussing the electropop duo with several of his coworkers who are all more than a decade younger. “I haven’t checked out their newest album, Blurryface, yet, but I hope it keeps up that sort of frenetic rock vibe from the previous records. I read in this article on Fader that they’re originally from Columbus, Ohio. Man, there are just a lot of good new bands coming out of there these days.” At press time, sources confirmed that Johnstone was pathetically showing enthusiasm for the song “Ride” with the saddest little attempt at air drumming.
I can't stop laughing.

tvrec

Re: 37-Year-Old Makes Absolutely Heartbreaking Last-Ditch Ef

#2 Post by tvrec » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Uncanny-- my son, age 9, loves 21 Pilots. It's the first CD he's purchased for himself & his first self-chosen concert. 3 decade spread that I cannot get over.

Hype

#3 Post by Hype » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:21 pm

tvrec wrote:Uncanny-- my son, age 9, loves 21 Pilots. It's the first CD he's purchased for himself & his first self-chosen concert. 3 decade spread that I cannot get over.
It's okay, when I was 9 I loved Ace of Base. :lol:

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Hype wrote:
tvrec wrote:Uncanny-- my son, age 9, loves 21 Pilots. It's the first CD he's purchased for himself & his first self-chosen concert. 3 decade spread that I cannot get over.
My wife really wants me to take her to Las Vegas to go to the iHeart concert at the end of Sept with U2 and these dopes. Every time I hear "Stressed Out," I want to jam pencils in my ears.

wally

#5 Post by wally » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:54 pm

i like 21 pilots. :noclue:
maybe i should put this in the guilty pleasures thread :wavesad:

JOEinPHX

#6 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Twenty One Pilots? More like 2 Mediocre Musicias

Mescal

#7 Post by Mescal » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Hype wrote: