Fear the Walking Dead

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Artemis

Fear the Walking Dead

#1 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:53 pm

First episode is tonight!

Here's a 3 minute trailer...

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walki ... lking-dead

thoreau

Re: Fear the Walking Dead

#2 Post by thoreau » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:14 pm

I thought it was ok. :neutral:

We'll see how the build up of the next few episodes go.

nausearockpig

#3 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:16 pm

I get the need to set the scene and it's a different storyline and setting to TWD proper but the characters were meh.. it was, and will be interesting to see the beginning of the infection though.... Six eps only on the first season and already renewed for the second. We'll see if the hype is worth believing...

Jasper

#4 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:54 pm

I thought it was complete and utter shit. I was actually a bit surprised by how awful it was. The bar was set low, so I didn't expect much, but even going into it with low expectations I was let down. With all of the resources available to them, this is what they ended up with? Really? Good lord. I hear it's the biggest cable debut ever. That's not shocking, as the parent show is hugely popular, though I wonder how many people will continue watching, and if there's any way for it to recover from this dismal start.

Terrible characters and lackluster acting, poor directing, terrible story, generic shitty environment like every big outbreak/apocalypse flick conveniently set in LA. :jasper:

Compare this warmed over garbage to the premiere of the original series. Say what you want about the wildly uneven, meandering parent series, but its premiere was great creepy fun, far better than the vast majority of zombie movies.

Anyway, I still think this should be merged with the other thread, just because it seems silly (and messy) having multiple threads on our tiny little board dealing with the same zombie TV franchise. :noclue:

nausearockpig

#5 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Jasper wrote:I thought it was complete and utter shit. I was actually a bit surprised by how awful it was. The bar was set low, so I didn't expect much, but even going into it with low expectations I was let down. With all of the resources available to them, this is what they ended up with? Really? Good lord. I hear it's the biggest cable debut ever. That's not shocking, as the parent show is hugely popular, though I wonder how many people will continue watching, and if there's any way for it to recover from this dismal start.

Terrible characters and lackluster acting, poor directing, terrible story, generic shitty environment like every big outbreak/apocalypse flick conveniently set in LA. :jasper:

Compare this warmed over garbage to the premiere of the original series. Say what you want about the wildly uneven, meandering parent series, but its premiere was great creepy fun, far better than the vast majority of zombie movies.

Anyway, I still think this should be merged with the other thread, just because it seems silly (and messy) having multiple threads on our tiny little board dealing with the same zombie TV franchise. :noclue:
Yeah the first season of TWD was outstanding..

Z Nation is more entertaining then the two Walking Dead series put together...

Jasper

#6 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:15 pm

nausearockpig wrote:Z Nation is more entertaining then the two Walking Dead series put together...
I haven't seen that, and can't see adding more zombie stuff to my life. :lol:

I hear Mr. Robot is very good, so I've been thinking of checking it out when I've got more time.

nausearockpig

#7 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Jasper wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:Z Nation is more entertaining then the two Walking Dead series put together...
I haven't seen that, and can't see adding more zombie stuff to my life. :lol:

I hear Mr. Robot is very good, so I've been thinking of checking it out when I've got more time.
Some of the acting in ZN is a bit shit at times, but in saying that overall it's more interesting and entertaining than TWD.. Each show has its own points of merit...

I too hear that MR is good...

SR

#8 Post by SR » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:36 pm

The shame here is Jasper has become exclusively the TV docudrama king. Clearly he watches too much tv......even worse than being a Jane's fan.

Ban him until he puts forth even remedial effort into other threads. :nod:

perkana

#9 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:01 pm

As much as I like zombies or people getting infected like in 28 days later, I just can't get into these shows. I'm not interested at all. But I really can't wait to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I really enjoyed reading the book so I hope they do it justice (I'm a big Jane Austen fan too).

nausearockpig

#10 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:25 pm

perkana wrote:As much as I like zombies or people getting infected like in 28 days later, I just can't get into these shows. I'm not interested at all. But I really can't wait to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I really enjoyed reading the book so I hope they do it justice (I'm a big Jane Austen fan too).
All your fancy Day of the Dead festivities have ruined you for TWD.

creep
Site Admin

#11 Post by creep » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:04 pm

Jasper wrote:
:conf: they are two different shows. better call saul has its own thread. you are just bitter because you hated the show. i will watch it tonight. i'm sure i will love it.

creep
Site Admin

#12 Post by creep » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:22 pm

i thought the first episode was ok. :noclue:

Jasper

#13 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
:conf: they are two different shows. better call saul has its own thread. you are just bitter because you hated the show.
You mean the thread called Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul? :lolol:
http://aintnoright.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=295

nausearockpig

#14 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:23 am

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
:conf: they are two different shows. better call saul has its own thread. you are just bitter because you hated the show.
He's got you there creep.

In creep's defense those shows ran consecutively not concurrently so to keep threads tidy it makes more sense to me to have two threads.

creep
Site Admin

#15 Post by creep » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:47 am

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
shit....

creep
Site Admin

#16 Post by creep » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:32 pm

yeah ok...this show sucks. i could care less about these people. they are all unlikable. :jasper:

Jasper

#17 Post by Jasper » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:38 am

Yes, I don't like or care about any of these characters or their situation. Maybe that fat kid with the knife will turn out to be a good survivalist or something like that. As for the other people, even with what will have to be some extreme character development in the face of a zombie apocalypse, it's hard to see ever caring about them. I dislike Joanie the least, but that's probably because I love Deadwood.

nausearockpig

#18 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:09 am

It's boring as....

creep
Site Admin

#19 Post by creep » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:43 pm

i'm two behind but have no desire to watch them. is it getting better? am i missing out?

Jasper

#20 Post by Jasper » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:16 pm

creep wrote:i'm two behind but have no desire to watch them. is it getting better? am i missing out?
Eh, well, the last two were the best. They had the most going on, though naturally some of it was lame.

nausearockpig

#21 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:58 pm

creep wrote:i'm two behind but have no desire to watch them. is it getting better? am i missing out?
I bet hipsters like this better than the original series...

tvrec

#22 Post by tvrec » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:18 am

I've watched the first three episodes (out of four), and I am thinking of deleting the season pass. The idea of the show is fine, but execution is simply terrible-- stilted dialogue, flat, unsympathetic characters, hackneyed complications, and so much more not happening in it.

nausearockpig

#23 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:18 pm

you're half way through it now...

erotic cheeses

#24 Post by erotic cheeses » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:00 pm

I was so excited by this, but would have to change supplier to watch
Happy I didn't
How could it be so wrong? Such a great fresh approach to a show?

blackcoffee

#25 Post by blackcoffee » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:26 am

I'm sticking with it. Hopefully it will get stronger. I know that certain seasons of TWD suffered because of budgetary reasons, and I feel as if this show is being made with very little money. For example, scripting the riot scene as they did with the characters taking shelter and only hearing and feeling the riot going on outside was one way to avoid the expense of filming a realistic riot.

My biggest grip is heroin addict boy and the way they're attempting to treat him. No one gets a seizure and dies from opiate withdrawal. That's alcohol. Come on, writers. Do your homework.