Guilty pleasure TV shows

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Artemis

Guilty pleasure TV shows

#1 Post by Artemis » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:39 pm

We have a guilty pleasures thread for music but not TV.

I will start...

The Fosters
Pretty Little Liars
Switched at Birth

I bet creep is a Gilmour Girls fan. :hehe: :P

creep
Site Admin

Re: Guilty pleasure TV shows

#2 Post by creep » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Artemis wrote:We have a guilty pleasures thread for music but not TV.

I will start...

The Fosters
Pretty Little Liars
Switched at Birth

I bet creep is a Gilmour Girls fan. :hehe: :P
never heard of any of those....

ok mine...my guilty ones are all reality shows for some reason.

mtv the challenge. this is where the put the ex real world and road rules people up against each other in a physical challenge game. it's been going for many years and still love it.

marriage boot camp. really can't justify this one.

below deck. this is a reality show about a luxury yacht crew. the boat thing sucked me in.

big brother. again no valid excuse for watching this.

chaos

#3 Post by chaos » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:26 pm

UnREAL (Lifetime)

3am (Showtime)

Romeo

#4 Post by Romeo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:54 am

Hoarders

because when I watch that show I realize my house doesn't look so bad :lol:

kv

#5 Post by kv » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Wow creep MTV the challenge? ...i love those lol def on my list and my most guilty...ink master...deadliest catch...and used to be sons of anarchy...but that's finished so off my list

creep
Site Admin

#6 Post by creep » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:38 pm

kv wrote:Wow creep MTV the challenge? ...i love those lol def on my list and my most guilty...ink master...deadliest catch...and used to be sons of anarchy...but that's finished so off my list

i love deadliest catch but i don't think it should be a guilty pleasure. it's in my top 5. it's probably the only real reality show there is.

Pandemonium

#7 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:48 pm

The Strain is probably my only guilty pleasure in that I get some ribbing from a few friends about the show. Oddly, the same couple'a people that used to rave about True Blood even during it's later seasons. The only other series I'm into these days is Daredevil and Penny Dreadful, both of which I binged watched their respective first seasons.

blackula

#8 Post by blackula » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Under The Dome. This season is really really bad but I'm addicted!

perkana

#9 Post by perkana » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:16 pm

True Detective season 2 :hehe:

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:27 pm

SEason 4 of Nashville starts tonight! Can't wait! :banana:

Also, Empire Season 2!

Hype

#11 Post by Hype » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:16 am

I like a lot of those home reno/flip/contractor/money-management shows that are pretty much the same every time. I think a bunch of them are Canadian, so they're probably not known elsewhere... but I'm sure the same format exists. I learned what a soffit was by watching them. :lol:

I don't have a lot of guilty pleasure shows anymore since we only have Netflix. There's too much amazing TV. But before we got rid of the cable I also admit to having watched the Big Bang Theory sometimes (for actual academics that show is just... evil...), but that was years ago.

Mostly I just re-watch old Simpsons and Archer episodes over and over and over. Not really guilty about it... they're awesome.

creep
Site Admin

#12 Post by creep » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:00 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:I like a lot of those home reno/flip/contractor/money-management shows that are pretty much the same every time. I think a bunch of them are Canadian, so they're probably not known elsewhere... but I'm sure the same format exists. I learned what a soffit was by watching them. :lol:

it's not on anymore but i liked the canadian based home remodel show "holmes on homes".

Larry B.

#13 Post by Larry B. » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:35 am

For me, it was Ink Master. I knew the show was absolute rubbish and that they recycled line every fucking show ("I just feel under so much pressure now," "I thought his tattoo was awful!) and that I could do without all the bullshit drama, but it was fun to watch with my gf before going to sleep. Or in her case, to fall asleep while watching it.

I only watched series 1, though. I read about the lawsuit against the two juries and I wasn't happy with that, so no more Ink Master for me.

perkana

#14 Post by perkana » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:38 am

I love The Great British Bake Off. Also, I've been watching a lot this aussie cook off show called My Kitchen Rules. I'm finally understandinģ their English. Plus, since it's a reality show, there have been some bitches. Still waiting for some assholes.

Hype

#15 Post by Hype » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:20 am

creep wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:I like a lot of those home reno/flip/contractor/money-management shows that are pretty much the same every time. I think a bunch of them are Canadian, so they're probably not known elsewhere... but I'm sure the same format exists. I learned what a soffit was by watching them. :lol:

it's not on anymore but i liked the canadian based home remodel show "holmes on homes".

Yeah, Mike is great, even though it was pretty repetitive and it was clear he was trying to establish himself as a "brand". (Kinda like Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs, or whatever the show is called that he does now). That's why I'm calling it a "guilty pleasure". It's not like he's the only home reno guy who knows what he's doing. I liked all the Gordon Ramsay shows too, for a long time. I can't watch them anymore though.

mockbee

#16 Post by mockbee » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:02 am

I really like Tiny House Nation. Zach has my dream job, though I would never be able to cut it, my head would be in the clouds, contractors have to get shit done! There are some great ideas on that show, but the more I watch it the more it makes me think it should be called Desperate House Nation. These people don't have a clue what's it's like or seem to have a real desire to live 'tiny' and seem to just be financially squeezed more than anything else. I have no desire to live that way, but there are some great ideas how to use space efficiently.

perkana

#17 Post by perkana » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:52 am

I love watching this show, especially on a Saturday morning. Cheers the rest of my weekend.
"Call the midwife"

creep
Site Admin

#18 Post by creep » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:15 am

not a tv show but......

i was watching faith no more at hellfest 2015 on youtube and when i was done i saw a link for limp bizkit at 2015 hellfest. curious i clicked it because i had no idea they still were around. i was never a fan at all. couldn't stand them... but i clicked it and watched the whole thing and was entertained????

:jasper:

Larry B.

#19 Post by Larry B. » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:26 am

Wes Borland has been easily one of the coolest rock musicians of the last decade.

JOEinPHX

#20 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:23 pm

I don't watch Network TV, but for some reason I have become totally obsessed with this show, and have probably watched every single episode 8-9 times each.

creep
Site Admin

#21 Post by creep » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:28 pm

i think i'm going to watch grease live tonight. :gayfight: :ele: :ele: :gayfight:

kv

#22 Post by kv » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:48 pm

I saw grease live don't be sad....oh course it was only because my sister wanted to see it...and my grandmother took us and I was 10 and not able to put up much of a fight..........

:no:

Matz

#23 Post by Matz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:29 am

I catched a few episodes of Dynasty recently and really enjoyed em.... :lol:

Artemis

#24 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:01 pm

So happy that CMT picked up Nashville after ABC dropped it last season. The first two season were the best, season 3 and four so-so, but I still liked it in the guilty pleasure way. I hope Juliette Barnes gets back to her mean and bitchy self. :lol:

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/new ... te-w436050
The hit country-music soap opera Nashville was dropped from its original home on ABC after the fourth season concluded last spring, but luckily for fans of Deacon, Rayna, Scarlett and the rest, the drama was quickly picked up and revived by CMT. The cable network has announced that Season 5 of Nashville will premiere Thursday, January 5th.

Filled with backstabbing power plays and true-to-life country performances, Nashville will kick off with a two-hour premiere, beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET. Twenty-two episodes are in the works, and in June it was reported that all cast members, with the exceptions of Will Chase (Luke Wheeler) and Aubrey Peeples (Layla Grant), will return.

Artemis

#25 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm

My latest guilty pleasure show...

Star