Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.

Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Essence_Smith » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:54 am

This show is awesome...the grittiest thing I think Marvel's ever done. Great casting/acting, pretty down to earth as the character is not a high super powered guy...nice crime show deal and the fight scenes... :rockon:

Highly recommend this one...and I don't endorse much...it's exclusive to Netflix and I think it was a wise decision...anyone else check this out?

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80018294
User avatar
Essence_Smith
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Essence_Smith » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:38 am

User avatar
Essence_Smith
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby perkana » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:15 am

Have you seen this ES? It made me laugh so hard...

Can't wait to see the new Avengers flick :wiggle:
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 4945
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Juana » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Yeah I'm liking the show
Juana
 
Posts: 4518
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Pandemonium » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:This show is awesome...the grittiest thing I think Marvel's ever done. Great casting/acting, pretty down to earth as the character is not a high super powered guy...nice crime show deal and the fight scenes... :rockon:

Highly recommend this one...and I don't endorse much...it's exclusive to Netflix and I think it was a wise decision...anyone else check this out?

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80018294


Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm hoping it makes it to Blu-ray quickly as that's my preferred way to watch (and re-watch) a full season like this.
User avatar
Pandemonium
 
Posts: 4871
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:05 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:This show is awesome...the grittiest thing I think Marvel's ever done. Great casting/acting, pretty down to earth as the character is not a high super powered guy...nice crime show deal and the fight scenes... :rockon:

Highly recommend this one...and I don't endorse much...it's exclusive to Netflix and I think it was a wise decision...anyone else check this out?

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80018294


Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm hoping it makes it to Blu-ray quickly as that's my preferred way to watch (and re-watch) a full season like this.

I'm not sure it'll be available in that format for a while...it's only been on Netflix for a few days...it's getting good reviews for a reason & it's more of a crime type show than anything I'd call a superhero show...but definitely you should check it whenever and however, it's quality...
User avatar
Essence_Smith
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Eric B. » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Loved this show. Way better than Agents of Shield. Marvel is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. Those costumes are really cool in comics but are Always a bit lame in movies/tv. But hey, it's good fun and I think Marvel really made a smart move by making the movies and tv series by themself. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a goldmine......................and fun to watch.

Btw, if this was not one of my teenage favourite heroes I think I'd appreciate the show a bit less. The storyline is sometimes a bit shaky, Foggy and Karen are a bit annoying at times, the fighting scenes are good, but a bit too long and overall they could have told the same story in less time, but hey, I had a good week with this one.
Eric B.
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Pandemonium » Sun May 03, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks to Netflix offering a free month, I'm binge watching this show over the weekend. So far, really liking it and as an old time Marvel fanboy, love the very subtle references to old school places and characters, etc. For instance, there's a poster barely glimpsed in the gym in the first EP that say "Battlin' Matt Murdock" faced off against Crusher Creel who in the comics was actually The Absorbing Man. Also nice they tie into the destruction of New York from the first Avengers movie.
User avatar
Pandemonium
 
Posts: 4871
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Essence_Smith » Tue May 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Thanks to Netflix offering a free month, I'm binge watching this show over the weekend. So far, really liking it and as an old time Marvel fanboy, love the very subtle references to old school places and characters, etc. For instance, there's a poster barely glimpsed in the gym in the first EP that say "Battlin' Matt Murdock" faced off against Crusher Creel who in the comics was actually The Absorbing Man. Also nice they tie into the destruction of New York from the first Avengers movie.

Wait till you finish the season...it just gets better and better and yep they definitely do it justice by tying the old school references in there.
User avatar
Essence_Smith
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Pandemonium » Tue May 12, 2015 9:51 pm

Finished the season last night. I have to add to ES' rave about the series, it's really fucking good. There's a few things that could be better, I'm not sold on the casting for Foggy and bumping off a couple key characters was a mis-step but these are very minor nitpicks. Casting D'Onofrio as The Kingpin works perfectly. The writers really dug deep in mostly the Frank Miller stories to get their material and what changes they made were for the most part for the better. Looking forward to season 2 next year.
User avatar
Pandemonium
 
Posts: 4871
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Pandemonium » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Started watching season 2 today, made it through episode 3 before taking a break to savor the rest over the coming week. All I can say is "holy shit." As good as season 1 was, so far S2 is even better.
User avatar
Pandemonium
 
Posts: 4871
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Juana » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 am

Yeah this season was fucking rad
Juana
 
Posts: 4518
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm


Return to Music And Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest