New Faith No More album?

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: New Faith No More album?

#221 Post by creep » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:36 am

Pandemonium wrote:Saw Faith No More at the Wiltern Theater in LA last night, the 3rd show of a 3 night stand. Only the second time I've ever seen them, the first being about 25 years ago opening for Metallica.

Got there a bit early and once I was wristbanded for the pit, spent the next hour plus people watching upstairs from the balcony overlooking the lobby. Pretty eclectic mix of people, a lot of really fat metalheads, hipsters in long sleeved plaid shirts, black rimmed glasses and beenies, older gray haired stoner types, a good number of younger kids fresh outta high school and a surprising number of good looking women! Opening band "Flattbush" who I think are locals (there was a different opener every night), was probably the worst band I've seen in a very long time - one-note screamo cookie monster vox, fast pounding drums and constantly shreddy soloing. The singer who was a skinny bald Asian kid complete with a big coolie hat tried hard but the music and the band was just laughably terrible.

Once that horror show was done, I secured a spot in the pit on the left side a couple people back from the stage in front of FNM's keyboard player. Lucky for me, it seems kids these days are shorter than ever, and no matter where I stood, I pretty much towered over anyone around me and I'm only 6ft tall. The stage crew (all dressed in white, btw) had set up these white planters full of floral arrangements across the entire front of the stage so being up front, it was tough to see anything below the waist of the band on stage. With even the amps clothed in white, the stage looked like a flower shop.

Faith No More came on at 10pm on the money and played about a 80 minute set. I believe this was one of the few shows they've recently played where they didn't open with "Motherfucker," instead opting for the more subdued "Sol Invictus" off the new album. Second song was "From Out Of Nowhere" and the place went nuts and the band pretty much held that energy through much of the show. Patton sounded great but the mix down front where I was was very bass and drum heavy. Speaking of which, I gained a new appreciation for Billy Gould, his bass playing is fantastic, with a perfect deep tone. Bordin just beat the shit out of his kit, constantly splintering sticks with roadies pouring bottles of water over him constantly through the set. Mid-way through the set after "Midlife Crisis," I moved just outside of the pit over to the opposite side of the stage hoping for better sound mix, but unless it was a part of a song that featured a prominent guitar bit, the guitar was pretty buried in the mix. The only thing I didn't "get," was the short fat dude dressed up in a white leisure suit with a hat and his face covered like the Elephant Man who would occasionally wander across the stage - whatever the gimmick was supposed to be, it slipped by me.

Overall, a great show, I'm glad I went. The Wiltern is always my favorite place to catch a show. Here's a couple clips from last night (not mine):

Setlist:

Sol Invictus
From Out of Nowhere
Caffeine
Evidence
Epic
Sunny Side Up
Surprise! You're Dead!
Midlife Crisis w/Lowdown tease
Last Cup of Sorrow
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Easy (cover)
Be Aggressive
King for a Day
Ashes to Ashes
Superhero
(encore)
Motherfucker
Digging the Grave
This Guy's in Love With You (cover)
the short fat dude was danny devito...a long time fan of the band.

Pandemonium

#222 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:54 pm

creep wrote:the short fat dude was danny devito...a long time fan of the band.

LOL, I did some searching and yeah, he's popped up onstage at a few shows in the past. Now that I think of it, at the beginning of the show, there was some people in the VIP seating area behind the pit shouting "Danny! Danny! Danny!" I had no clue. This clip is the beginning of the show and Devito's on stage like the rest of the band:

Here's a clip when he got behind Borden on the drum riser in the middle of "Epic." From my vantage point it looked like he was massaging Borden's shoulders and I'd guess the roadie told him he was probably distracting Borden. Look for Devito at 2:48:

creep
Site Admin

#223 Post by creep » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 pm

at the first los angeles show duff mckagen was the gimp onstage. i guess they let their friends hang out onstage. :noclue:

nausearockpig

#224 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:38 pm

great stuff, bootleg of the second show up on dime if anyone is interested: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=525645

mockbee

#225 Post by mockbee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Juana wrote:I'm going to the Portland show but I will not have any extra tickets.

How did you like the show? Did you end up going?

creep
Site Admin

#226 Post by creep » Wed May 06, 2015 5:19 pm

SAN FRANCISCO, May 6, 2015 – Faith No More, who release Sol Invictus, their first new album in eighteen years, on May 18, will be live streaming their May 8 concert from Detroit via Yahoo! Live at 9:15 pm eastern:
https://bit.ly/1bQZvmu

nausearockpig

#227 Post by nausearockpig » Thu May 07, 2015 2:02 am

creep wrote:
SAN FRANCISCO, May 6, 2015 – Faith No More, who release Sol Invictus, their first new album in eighteen years, on May 18, will be live streaming their May 8 concert from Detroit via Yahoo! Live at 9:15 pm eastern:
fucken aye.

let's hope some cunt is nice enough to capture it and bung it up on Dime or somewhere else for us to download..... hoping

creep
Site Admin

#228 Post by creep » Fri May 08, 2015 6:06 pm

creep wrote:
starts in 10 minutes :wave:

Artemis

#229 Post by Artemis » Fri May 08, 2015 6:23 pm

:rockon: It's not blocked in Canada!! I didn't think I would have access.

creep
Site Admin

#230 Post by creep » Fri May 08, 2015 6:44 pm

whoever put this together did a good job. it's shot really well and the sound is good.

not too many new songs so far. probably because it is being broadcast.

JOEinPHX

#231 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri May 08, 2015 6:59 pm

This sounds great.

First song had almost no low end whatsoever, but they got that sorted quickly.

creep
Site Admin

#232 Post by creep » Fri May 08, 2015 7:37 pm

a chuck mosley appearance.

he seems fucked up.

Artemis

#233 Post by Artemis » Fri May 08, 2015 7:40 pm

omg he sounds terrible.

nausearockpig

#234 Post by nausearockpig » Fri May 08, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm downloading it now from Dime. if anyone wants it i can up it somewhere you can get it.

nausearockpig

#235 Post by nausearockpig » Fri May 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Artemis wrote:omg he sounds terrible.
:lol: That's how Chuck sounds...

You can see Mike Patton in the background loving it..

Chuck does seem a little out of it, he misses words and comes in late here and there..' Hope he's OK..

How fat in the face, does Patton look now? Geebuz!!

blackula

#236 Post by blackula » Sat May 09, 2015 6:40 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Artemis wrote:omg he sounds terrible.
:lol: That's how Chuck sounds...

You can see Mike Patton in the background loving it..

Chuck does seem a little out of it, he misses words and comes in late here and there..' Hope he's OK..

How fat in the face, does Patton look now? Geebuz!!

He sounds like a flat Chuck Mosley. FNM probably doesn't need to tune down to accommodate Patton's aging voice. On this song Chuck sounds like Perry would if Jane's decided to tune back up to E

nausearockpig

#237 Post by nausearockpig » Sat May 09, 2015 6:55 pm

I wonder if Dave was considered at the time FNM was looking for new guitarist.. probably not for many reasons: styles, the fact he was in his junkie phase...... would've been interesting to have DN as their guitar player though... that would've been cool

Edit: came across this http://letterstodavenavarro.com/ when googling the above...

blackula

#238 Post by blackula » Sat May 09, 2015 7:12 pm

nausearockpig wrote:I wonder if Dave was considered at the time FNM was looking for new guitarist.. probably not for many reasons: styles, the fact he was in his junkie phase...... would've been interesting to have DN as their guitar player though... that would've been cool

Edit: came across this http://letterstodavenavarro.com/ when googling the above...
He was considered for Motley Crüe about 10-12 years ago when they weren't sure if Mic Mars' bone disease was going to stop him from doing the reunion tour. Apparently it rejuvenated him and he's been playing shows since, but I read Dave was going to do the tour if Mic couldn't. Could be bullshit but I can see it.

creep
Site Admin

#239 Post by creep » Sat May 09, 2015 7:15 pm

nausearockpig wrote:I wonder if Dave was considered at the time FNM was looking for new guitarist.. probably not for many reasons: styles, the fact he was in his junkie phase...... would've been interesting to have DN as their guitar player though... that would've been cool

could never happen. dave would never wear white.

nausearockpig

#240 Post by nausearockpig » Sat May 09, 2015 7:18 pm

creep wrote:

:lolol: :lolol:

kv

#241 Post by kv » Sat May 09, 2015 8:55 pm

creep wrote:

creep
Site Admin

#242 Post by creep » Mon May 11, 2015 4:51 am

for those that didn't download the new album you can listen to it here

http://www.npr.org/2015/05/10/404672919 ... l-invictus

mockbee

#243 Post by mockbee » Mon May 11, 2015 7:19 am

creep wrote:for those that didn't download the new album you can listen to it here

http://www.npr.org/2015/05/10/404672919 ... l-invictus
Miller Highlife....the official beer of NPR............ :scared: :neutral: :confused:

Well, I guess it is official, there is no more Public radio/TV in the USA.... guess I knew that years ago, but wow.

mockbee

#245 Post by mockbee » Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 am

First listen.

The new album is good.

:thumb: