New Faith No More album?

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
intertwoven

Re: New Faith No More album?

#121 Post by intertwoven » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:15 pm

If anybody winds up with an extra ticket to the Portland show, holla attcha boy intertwoven. Otherwise, I'll download a boot or two and call it good.

Juana

#122 Post by Juana » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:31 am

I'm going to the Portland show but I will not have any extra tickets. I might have some extras for one of the Wiltern shows depending on how many my brother got for me.

Essence_Smith

#123 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Very upset I missed this thread and the chance to get tix...I'm usually pretty good with these things...I am kinda surprise at Webster Hall, but its as good a venue as any...

JOEinPHX

#124 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Stubhub had tickets for 80-90 dollars a few days ago.

I don't think that is ridiculously outrageous for FNM.

blackula

#125 Post by blackula » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Very upset I missed this thread and the chance to get tix...I'm usually pretty good with these things...I am kinda surprise at Webster Hall, but its as good a venue as any...
Both shows sold out in a minute and the ticketweb site was having problems.

blackula

#126 Post by blackula » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Stubhub had tickets for 80-90 dollars a few days ago.

I have the stubhub app on my phone because they sometimes have deals on Islanders tickets. I was meeting a freind after work last Friday and he was late. I was drinking, had a shifty day and said fuck it. 345.00 for two tickets....I immediately regretted it but both shows are down to 90 tickets and the cheepest is 180.00 so it seams like the price is holding.

Essence_Smith

#127 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:46 pm

blackula wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Stubhub had tickets for 80-90 dollars a few days ago.

I have the stubhub app on my phone because they sometimes have deals on Islanders tickets. I was meeting a freind after work last Friday and he was late. I was drinking, had a shifty day and said fuck it. 345.00 for two tickets....I immediately regretted it but both shows are down to 90 tickets and the cheepest is 180.00 so it seams like the price is holding.
Yeah I went on stub hub a few moments ago...lowest is 175 or so per ticket...I mean I've never seen em live and am dying to go but that's crazy...

creep
Site Admin

#128 Post by creep » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Eighteen long years since the release of Faith No More's last album, the iconoclastic alt-metal group will release Sol Invictus on May 19th, via their own label, Reclamation. Bassist Bill Gould produced the 10-song record in the group's "Estudios Koolarrow" studio, while frontman Mike Patton recorded his vocals at Vulcan Studios, both in Oakland, California. The track list is below.

In a statement the band explained that the seeds of the new album began with a new tune it first played in 2011 in Buenos Aires. "When we debuted our new song 'Matador,' we just told them it was a cover song, and they still went crazy," Gould said.

"'Matador' was the first idea that Billy brought to the rest of us, and was in a sense a new beginning," keyboardist Roddy Boddum said.

"Hypnotic and gothic, we're coming back to where we were with our first album," the bassist offered, citing Siouxsie and the Banshees and Roxy Music as early influences. "Then Patton's being Patton, crooning, screaming, with a bit of soul underneath it all. We've always taken strange influences and smashed them together."

Last November, the band put out its first song in nearly as many years, "Motherfucker," as a limited-edition Black Friday single. Then, on the day of its release, they gave the tune its live debut during an impromptu concert — complete with masked gimp — at San Francisco's Amoeba Records, along with another new track, "Superhero." The latter song will come out officially as a studio recording, first as a seven-inch single on March 17th then digitally on March 31st.

"When we split up, we explored what we could do on our own," the bassist and producer said in a statement. "During that time, we each developed what was a natural part of ourselves. Now, coming back, we have a wider perspective so we can do things we didn't even think of back in the day. If we were to decide to do country-western music, it would still sound like a Faith No More album. Together we have a strong collective identity, and when we work together it makes its own animal."

The release of the new song will coincide with the band's first North American tour since 2010. The month-long, sold-out trek will kick off April 15th in Vancouver and making its way all over the continent to Philly for a May 15th finale. The group has promised on Twitter that this run will not be the only U.S. tour dates this year.

"I think what we're doing reflects where we've gone since we made our last record as Faith No More," Gould told Rolling Stone this past September. "I think this kicks things up a notch. And I think there's parts that are very powerful and there's parts that have a lot of 'space.' Everything we do, with our chemistry, the way we play; it's always going to sound like us. It's just what we do, that makes us feel good. Hopefully it doesn't sound like a bunch of 50-year-old men..." He then laughed and added, "which we are."

Sol Invictus Track List:

1. "Sol Invictus"
2. "Superhero"
3. "Sunny Side Up"
4. "Separation Anxiety"
5. "Cone of Shame"
6. "Rise of the Fall"
7. "Black Friday"
8. "Motherfucker"
9. "Matador"
10. "From the Dead"

creep
Site Admin

#129 Post by creep » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Hey Los Angeles! We’re adding one more show, April 22, at The Wiltern Tix go on sale Friday. We are enforcing a stricter tix limit for this LA show. 2 tix limit, Pit & Loge will be paperless. We’re trying!!
DOWN WITH THE SCALPERS!!”

Pandemonium

#130 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:12 pm

creep wrote:
Hey Los Angeles! We’re adding one more show, April 22, at The Wiltern Tix go on sale Friday. We are enforcing a stricter tix limit for this LA show. 2 tix limit, Pit & Loge will be paperless. We’re trying!!
DOWN WITH THE SCALPERS!!”

nausearockpig

#131 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:50 pm

i hope the album cover is a shot of just the star with the candles, not the band in those hilarious robes...

Essence_Smith

#132 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 am

I think this would be their best album cover actually...I can't really think of any of the previous ones I like a lot...and I think they're old enough where if you told me they were really priests I'd believe it... :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#133 Post by creep » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:57 am

first show this year and a somewhat of a disappointing standard setlist. the same two new songs and the only song they haven't played too often that they played was get out.

hopefully they will get some time to rehearse and add some new songs.

Motherfucker
Caffeine
Get Out
Surprise You’re Dead
I Started a Joke
Ricochet
Cuckoo for Caca
Digging the Grave
Easy
Everything’s Ruined
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Ashes to Ashes
Evidence
King for a Day
Epic
Last Cup of Sorrow
Superhero

Larry B.

#134 Post by Larry B. » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:21 am

creep wrote:first show this year and a somewhat of a disappointing standard setlist.
We all know they save the really special stuff for their shows in Chile.

blackula

#135 Post by blackula » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:02 pm

creep wrote:first show this year and a somewhat of a disappointing standard setlist. the same two new songs and the only song they haven't played too often that they played was get out.

hopefully they will get some time to rehearse and add some new songs.

Motherfucker
Caffeine
Get Out
Surprise You’re Dead
I Started a Joke
Ricochet
Cuckoo for Caca
Digging the Grave
Easy
Everything’s Ruined
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Ashes to Ashes
Evidence
King for a Day
Epic
Last Cup of Sorrow
Superhero

I'm sure they'll mix it up. When they played NY in 2009/2010 I remember wishing that I had gone to both shows. The night before they played From Outa Nowhere and Surprise You're Dead. My night they played The Real Thing and Crab Song. There were a couple of other songs that differed. If the played 18 songs each night 5 or 6 were different.

creep
Site Admin

#136 Post by creep » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:35 am

new song. cone of shame

my favorite of the three so far

Noonesshocking

#137 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Posted a tidbit in the Jane's section, but awesome interview about the new album: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 7223873839

nausearockpig

#138 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:41 am

One more fucking sleep motherfuckers....

nausearockpig

#139 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:43 am

Holy fuck that was a great show. My only complaint is that they played Easy & I Started A Joke..... Why do they insist on playing these fucked up SHIT songs?!????

Here's a link to the set list. Check the last song!!!!!!!!!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/faith-no- ... a4ba5.html

creep
Site Admin

#140 Post by creep » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:59 am

nice.....i always thought the should do as the worm turns more. it's a great live song. i like when they do easy live but i started a joke not so much.

SR

#141 Post by SR » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:22 am

I love Patton....guy can rock with a real edge and intelligence....excellent songs, and range as good as any other (sans Mercury and a couple of others). I heard a Lionel Ritchie cover where he almost brought me to tears. Was just chatting with my wife over coffee how when I was in Kauai with AK that his hatred for MP is VERY real. I don't remember particulars except that when Patton's name came up he bristled hard....to the point that it made the room uncomfortable. I've since researched it and if I remember correctly AK refuses to perform with RHCP if Patton is anywhere on the bill. I don't know but I think it started with the Epic video. Just pulled it up and it is a very funny satirical portrayal of AK.

JOEinPHX

#142 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:00 pm

AK hates MP because MP is exactly who AK wishes he could be.

mockbee

#143 Post by mockbee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:AK hates MP because MP is exactly who AK wishes he could be.
spot on.

That type of shit really bugs me.

blackula

#144 Post by blackula » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Couldn't agree more. They were both goofy, white and rapping but I never got the AK ripoff vibe. I always thought he was continuing what Chuck did and finding himself at the same time, he was only 21 when The Real Thing came out! Fuck AK and his ego.

After AK had Mr. Bungle removed from some lucrative festivals they completely trashed RHCP at a Halloween show. It's hilarious and all over YouTube.

JOEinPHX

#145 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Not a fan of this one.