Twin Peaks

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

Re: Twin Peaks

#21 Post by Jasper » Sun May 18, 2014 5:50 am

Mescal wrote:
Easton wrote:
Mescal wrote:I'm with Larry on this one!

I loved season 1! Really loved it. The scene where Bob comes from behind the couch is the scariest thing I've ever seen. And the scene where Leland kills Madeleine, oh man ... Then all the different characters, all the crazy shit, the friendly giant, the owls are not what they seem .... great, great, great
You do know that all the scenes you mentioned were from the first half of season 2, right? :wink:

Eeeuuuhhh, well ok, my bad I suppose.

I mean I liked the show up until ______ is uncovered.
That's roughly halfway through season two. I'll again point to the chart in the third post of the thread.

Also, please kindly refrain from posting spoilers out of consideration for the people who haven't seen it yet.

Mescal

#22 Post by Mescal » Sun May 18, 2014 9:42 pm

I'm just gonna refrain from posting in this thread

Jasper

#23 Post by Jasper » Mon May 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Mescal wrote:I'm just gonna refrain from posting in this thread
:pat:

wally

#24 Post by wally » Mon May 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Jasper wrote:
Also, please kindly refrain from posting spoilers out of consideration for the people who haven't seen it yet.
lol, its been about 25 years. i think it's ok.

Jasper

#25 Post by Jasper » Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 pm

wally wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Except that there are people right in this thread who said they haven't seen it yet. :idea:

Not everyone has seen considerably older things like Vertigo. I wouldn't endorse spoiling that either.

Artemis

#26 Post by Artemis » Mon May 19, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm okay with spoilers. By the time I get around to watching the show I will likely have forgotten anyway.

Larry B.

#27 Post by Larry B. » Mon May 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Last Christmas I gave my nephew the book "Vader and Son" or something like that. Now he saw the first Star Wars movie and already knows Vader is Luke's son.

I fucked it up.

Everybody's Friend

#28 Post by Everybody's Friend » Tue May 20, 2014 11:21 am

Larry B. wrote:Last Christmas I gave my nephew the book "Vader and Son" or something like that. Now he saw the first Star Wars movie and already knows Vader is Luke's son.

I fucked it up.
Be careful. Jasper will consider the above a spoiler! :lol:

wally

#29 Post by wally » Tue May 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Jasper wrote:
wally wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Except that there are people right in this thread who said they haven't seen it yet. :idea:

Not everyone has seen considerably older things like Vertigo. I wouldn't endorse spoiling that either.
judy = madelein :wave:

Jasper

#30 Post by Jasper » Tue May 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Putting aside your intentional obnoxiousness, this ties in with Twin Peaks, as the show deals with doubles, and Maddie Ferguson (Laura's cousin) is named after the characters Madeleine and John "Scottie" Ferguson (Jimmy Stewart) from Vertigo.

wally

#31 Post by wally » Tue May 20, 2014 3:32 pm

yeah perhaps i was a bit over the top. but its pretty obnoxious to ask for no spoilers in a thread about a 25 year old tv show. if they haven't seen it already, they obviously don't care that much. the other tidbit you posted was neat, and I didn't know that, but that's also a spoiler of sorts.

PS Dallas was a dream. :lol:

Jasper

#32 Post by Jasper » Tue May 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Part of one of the newly-assembled "atmospherics". Things that will play in the background of menus on the Blu-ray, or can be watched on their own.

Artemis

#33 Post by Artemis » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:12 am

RIP Jimmy Scott

Jasper

#34 Post by Jasper » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:32 am

Amen.

What's really sad is that if Twin Peaks weren't canceled we would have surely seen more of him in the third season.

It didn't make sense to have him in the follow-up prequel film, but David Lynch did put that song on the soundtrack to the film. Lou Reed then stepped in to help by giving Scott a cameo on the Magic & Loss album, and taking him out on tour and for television appearances. I got to see them together onstage.

It's kind of strange that we lost Lou before Jimmy. It's kind of strange that we lost Lou at all. :no:

It'll be good to see Jimmy Scott in super duper HD on the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray.

:wavesad:

Matz

#35 Post by Matz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:18 pm

creep should buy this, fix it up a bit and then resell it to Jasper, who'll pay anything for it..

http://io9.com/laura-palmer-s-twin-peak ... 1599172072

Jasper

#36 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:50 am

Deconstruction has an ongoing series of interviews with Twin Peaks folks on his site.

http://www.alternativenation.net/?s=twin+peaks

So far he's interviewed Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs) and Bob Engels (producer/writer). Looks like upcoming interviews will include Ray Wise (Leland Palmer) and James Marshal (James Hurley).

Jasper

#37 Post by Jasper » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Twin Peaks creators Mark Frost and David Lynch simultaneously tweet "Dear Twitter Friends: That gum you like is going to come back in style!"

This is a great moment for mankind.

Matz

#38 Post by Matz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:14 am

9 new episodes, huh...cool. About what, what Dale Cooper's up to nowadays or?

Jasper

#39 Post by Jasper » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 pm

All I know is that I've been enjoying the hell out of the blu-ray, especially The Missing Pieces, and this is the best entertainment news of all time.

It's phenomenal that Lynch/Frost Productions rides again, and it's especially amazing that David Lynch is DIRECTING ALL NINE EPISODES. Twin Peaks or no, getting that much work from David Lynch is a major event, and pretty much guarantees that scholars will be studying this long after we've all beamed up to the mothership. Consider the fact that he only directed six out of 30 episodes of the original series (though of course two of those were feature length).

The conditions are perfect as well. When I've played "what if" with other people, this was always the dream scenario (cable, 25 years later, original creators and producers, original actors, all directed by David Lynch). It's so perfect that it really is hard to believe.

I'm hoping that Angelo Badalementi is up to scoring the whole thing. He is a major key to the feel of that world. He created hundreds of tracks, and of course they could (and probably should) weave some of those into the story, but it would be ideal if he could oversee all of the music for these nine episodes, and create some new things to go with the massive library of existing music.

:wiggle:

wally

#40 Post by wally » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Artemis

#41 Post by Artemis » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:40 pm

April 5, 2015
David Lynch
28 mins ·
Dear Facebook Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime. I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

Artemis

#42 Post by Artemis » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:11 am

The cast list for the new Twin Peaks show includes Eddie Vedder, Laura Dern, David Duchovny, and Trent Reznor (and wife)... Interesting!

Mescal

#43 Post by Mescal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Artemis wrote:The cast list for the new Twin Peaks show includes Eddie Vedder, Laura Dern, David Duchovny, and Trent Reznor (and wife)... Interesting!
This just sounds to be a hipster thing.

Jasper

#44 Post by Jasper » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Mescal wrote:
Artemis wrote:The cast list for the new Twin Peaks show includes Eddie Vedder, Laura Dern, David Duchovny, and Trent Reznor (and wife)... Interesting!
This just sounds to be a hipster thing.
Laura Dern stars in multiple David Lynch films, including beside Kyle MachLachlan (Dale Cooper) in Blue Velvet. David Duchovny played a recurring character in the original Twin Peaks, which is how he ended up playing Mulder.

David Lynch and Trent Reznor have a long history of working together, including Lynch doing videos for Reznor and Reznor producing the Lost Highway soundtrack.

Eddie Vedder? What's hip about a washed up rock star? The cast list for this series is gigantic, and may break the TV record for number of named characters. That he somehow snagged a bit part isn't very interesting or exciting imo. He knows Lynch and has done charity stuff for Lynch's meditation foundation.

Artemis

#45 Post by Artemis » Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 pm

The new series starts tomorrow. I just started watching the first season last night. Yeah, I know, I'm 28 years late.. :lol: