True Detective

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
chaos

Re: True Detective

#121 Post by chaos » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Generally speaking, it depends on the skill of the actor. Makeup artists can age and/or *deprettify attractive actors when necessary, so I do not think someone should be ruled out simply because of his/her looks (i.e Charlize Theron in Monster). Whether the actor can pull off the role is another story.

(Yes, I made up that word. :lol: )

perkana

#122 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:03 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
perkana wrote:I don't think of them as pretty...they are smart and bitching, what the hell are you talking about?
The world sees them as pretty. They are both very popular (for their looks) with males and women who like women.
perkana wrote:And even if they were "pretty", why would no one take them seriously if they are actually good detectives. I just don't understand you.
But I already explained. :noclue: You could make the same argument about two talking rabbits as detectives. :lol: If you want to cast a quirky detective comedy for ABC, then such absurdly unrealistic casting might be fine.

Anyway, Julianne Moore and Michael Shannon is as far as I got in my hypothetical casting.
i agree...young hot detectives would lose them credibility. it would be like veronica mars or scooby do. maybe older and hot would work. someone like diane lane or maria bello.
I liked Remington Steele and I thought Pierce Brosnan was hot. I guess I don't care how someone looks like or how old they are as long as they convince me they're good.

perkana

#123 Post by perkana » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:11 am

I thought of another actor...now that he's dead in Homeland, I would love to see Damian Lewis. Lewis and Moore, the ginger detectives :cool:

nausearockpig

#124 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:46 pm

perkana wrote:I thought of another actor...now that he's dead in Homeland, I would love to see Damian Lewis. Lewis and Moore, the ginger detectives :cool:
ah FUCK!!!! he's dead in Homeland? I'd been storing those to binge them at some point..... :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#125 Post by creep » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:47 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
perkana wrote:I thought of another actor...now that he's dead in Homeland, I would love to see Damian Lewis. Lewis and Moore, the ginger detectives :cool:
ah FUCK!!!! he's dead in Homeland? I'd been storing those to binge them at some point..... :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
perkana the spoiler :wiggle:

nausearockpig

#126 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:50 pm

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
perkana the spoiler :wiggle:
This would never have happened if you had taken her under your wing with a green card and taught her how to behave in our western society creep.. I blame you...

Artemis

#127 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:48 pm

how about steve buscemi and parker posey?

sean penn and francis mcdormand?

creep
Site Admin

#128 Post by creep » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:53 pm

those guys would be great but not sold on the women.

Artemis

#129 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:02 pm

seann penn and charlize theron?

steve buscemi and julianne moore?

creep
Site Admin

#130 Post by creep » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:04 pm

yes i approve both of those pairings

perkana

#131 Post by perkana » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Oh come on! Homeland is so last year. I'm already posting on GOT's book thread. You should catch on faster nausea :lol:

perkana

#132 Post by perkana » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:48 pm

creep wrote:yes i approve both of those pairings
Are we playing ugly and hot detectives?

nausearockpig

#133 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:51 pm

perkana wrote:Oh come on! Homeland is so last year. I'm already posting on GOT's book thread. You should catch on faster nausea :lol:

heheheh.. i kinda lost interested in Homeland at the beginning of S3...... so i'm hoping it picks up again and got good.... we'll see eventually I guess.. maybe... GOT... ugh... pass....

creep
Site Admin

#134 Post by creep » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:15 pm

perkana wrote:
creep wrote:yes i approve both of those pairings
Are we playing ugly and hot detectives?
sean penn isn't hot?

farrellgirl99

#135 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Jessica Chastain was offered the lead but hasn't accepted/been confirmed. Thoughts?

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... e-season-2

creep
Site Admin

#136 Post by creep » Tue May 20, 2014 8:28 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:Jessica Chastain was offered the lead but hasn't accepted/been confirmed. Thoughts?

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... e-season-2
i approve :noclue:

Jasper

#137 Post by Jasper » Wed May 21, 2014 5:29 am

I approve as well. I think she's great.

I was talking about Michael Shannon before. They make such a great team that it changed the name of the movie thread. :lol:

Jasper

#138 Post by Jasper » Wed May 21, 2014 8:08 am

Her reps say she's not doing it. :wavesad:

http://www.eonline.com/news/543882/jess ... na-eonline

On the bright side, she'll be in Christopher Nolan's Interstellar with Matthew McConaughey:

blackula

#139 Post by blackula » Wed May 21, 2014 8:28 pm

That trailer for Interstellar looks cool. It seems long, like it gives away too much story. Seeing that it's Nolan I'm sure that doesn't matter since there will be twists.

creep
Site Admin

#140 Post by creep » Tue May 27, 2014 2:13 pm

i bet it takes place in the central valley or the desert. like louisiana those places could "capture a certain psychosphere ambiance" like louisiana.
More details have emerged about the cast and setting of “True Detective” season two, which will have three new leads, according to creator Nic Pizzolatto.

In a recent interview with public radio program “To the Best of Our Knowledge,” Pizzolatto revealed that in the new season’s current form, “we’re working with three leads. It takes place in California — not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser known venues of California — and we’re going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one.”

He added, “The characters are all new, but I’m deeply in love with each of them. We’ve got the entire series broken out with a couple of scripts, and we’ll probably start casting in earnest in the coming months.”

The show’s anthology format means that season two will be entirely self-contained and distinct from its freshman year, with no plans for season one stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson to return — something that differentiates the series from FX’s “American Horror Story,” which recycles actors from past seasons in new roles.

Pizzolatto previously told HitFix that “True Detective” season two would be about “hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system.”

Last week, rumors circulated that “Zero Dark Thirty” star Jessica Chastain was offered a role in season two, but the actress denied the buzz on the red carpet at Cannes. “It’s an awkward thing because when all that attention happens — it takes away from whoever plays the role,” she said. “I’m a big fan of the series. I’m going to watch the second season just like I watched every episode of the first.”

Pandemonium

#141 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Finished watched the Blu-ray collecting the 1st season last night. Overall, I was a bit let down by the ending, in that it seemed like it was shoehorned into the last episode as if maybe there was some last minute decision to crunch the season down to 8 eps versus maybe 10. Still, greatly enjoyed the show, moreso because it was full of great dialog and compelling lead characters than the somewhat mundane (by now) occult murder conspiracy.

creep
Site Admin

#142 Post by creep » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:56 pm

i'm not exaggerating,,,,this show is so fucking stupid now.

Jasper

#143 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:07 pm

creep wrote:i'm not exaggerating,,,,this show is so fucking stupid now.
Dear creep, all HBO shows that take place in Louisiana and begin with the word "True" aren't the same.

creep
Site Admin

#144 Post by creep » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:15 pm

Jasper wrote:
Dear creep, all HBO shows that take place in Louisiana and begin with the word "True" aren't the same.
:lol: shit. yeah wrong thread

Juana

#145 Post by Juana » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
:lol: shit. yeah wrong thread
Yeah I was wondering what spawned the change cause I swore you liked this show.