Eric leaves NIN or "the breakdown of nyrexall"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Tyler Durden

Re: Eric leaves NIN

#21 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Matz wrote: as Hype explained to us all last summer there's no such thing as free will
Please don't encourage him. :balls:

Juana

#22 Post by Juana » Wed May 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Matz wrote: as Hype explained to us all last summer there's no such thing as free will
Please don't encourage him. :balls:
LOL that was a fun one though... :lolol:

tvrec

#23 Post by tvrec » Wed May 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Related?
Twitter...
"Etty Lau Farrell ‏@EttyLauFarrell
Quit? Well yes, if you use that term loosely, like "fired"."

Hokahey
Site Admin

#24 Post by Hokahey » Wed May 15, 2013 2:49 pm

tvrec wrote:Related?
Twitter...
I guarantee it's related. She follows the goings on of those that have crossed Perry like a hawk.

When Jane's broke up in '04 she did nothing but feed me tid bits about things she had learned about the former members and how poorly they were doing without Perry.

I was to post them as "rumors" from "a source."

tvrec

#25 Post by tvrec » Wed May 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Too bad she has such poor grammar. It's hard to sound like a sharp-witted woman when she bungles her sentences and says something far less harsh than she intended.

creep
Site Admin

#26 Post by creep » Wed May 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Twitter...
perry and etty are really horrible people. just let it go and keep these thoughts to yourself.

farrellgirl99

#27 Post by farrellgirl99 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:20 pm

i was looking forward to seeing eric with nin, but obviously this wont effect anything for nin fans.

this does seem like a wasted opportunity for him, but whatever, he's a big boy and can make his own decisions.

and etty is a cunt but we know that :lol:

someguy

#28 Post by someguy » Wed May 15, 2013 3:33 pm

hokahey wrote:
Twitter...
I guarantee it's related. She follows the goings on of those that have crossed Perry like a hawk.

When Jane's broke up in '04 she did nothing but feed me tid bits about things she had learned about the former members and how poorly they were doing without Perry.

I recall her posting on Xiola as well- all i can remember is something about a strays photoshoot gone wrong and running into Eric at a grocery store- with snarky comments of course.

SR

#29 Post by SR » Wed May 15, 2013 3:58 pm

hokahey wrote:
Twitter...

Did you?

Noonesshocking

#30 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed May 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Interesting how this is getting picked up. billboard/rollingstone/etc have it posted on their front pages. when he left Jane's in 2010 billboard only ran the story in one of their compilation articles - just a little blurb.

Juana

#31 Post by Juana » Wed May 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:Interesting how this is getting picked up. billboard/rollingstone/etc have it posted on their front pages. when he left Jane's in 2010 billboard only ran the story in one of their compilation articles - just a little blurb.
I think that is pretty easy to figure, NIN is actually a band the world cares about these days.

kv

#32 Post by kv » Wed May 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Juana wrote:
Noonesshocking wrote:Interesting how this is getting picked up. billboard/rollingstone/etc have it posted on their front pages. when he left Jane's in 2010 billboard only ran the story in one of their compilation articles - just a little blurb.
I think that is pretty easy to figure, NIN is actually a band the world cares about these days.

Juana

#33 Post by Juana » Wed May 15, 2013 4:32 pm

kv wrote:
Juana wrote:
Better be careful people are going to think we're the same person again :lol: :lolol: that would make the NFL and NBA threads that much funnier though if we were

kv

#34 Post by kv » Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm

ha! ya we are a lone psychotic person

kv

#35 Post by kv » Wed May 15, 2013 4:42 pm

was never a huge nin fan so whatever works best for avery

sure screams like he got in over his head and doesn't wanna swap his family for more years on the road...like trent said gutsy to pull the plug now then later he could have been very selfish and played part of the tour then quit and had his cake and ate it too...but he is a pro about it :rockon:

creep
Site Admin

#36 Post by creep » Wed May 15, 2013 4:47 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
and etty is a cunt but we know that :lol:
when a female uses the "cunt" word you know it's bad.

CaseyContrarian

#37 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed May 15, 2013 5:15 pm

This news is really depressing. Eric is an idiot.

JOEinPHX

#38 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed May 15, 2013 5:28 pm

hokahey wrote:
Twitter...

So was she the "source" saying that TPC couldn't get a record deal or secure management and were playing showcases begging people to sign them, even though they had already signed with Capitol? :lol:

I always wondered about that.

tubro

#39 Post by tubro » Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm

i would bet there's more to this than just 'it just dawned on me that a long tour might be a bummer.' dude's been an international touring musician for decades. he knew what was up. then, my guess is, that something else came up. it was always a bit fascinating to me to see how someone with such a dynamic musical personality and such a lot of originality would co-exist with trent. remember the album credits on pretty hate machine. 'nine inch nails is trent reznor'. maybe trent, all these years later, relaunching the product, started with the idea that, with such famous sidemen as belew and avery, it might be more democratic, but once rehearsals got under way, he returned to being the only guy with a vote. belew has operated as a consummate sideman in many bands. adds his parts but knew that zappa and byrne and bowie and fripp retained control. so he's perfect for trent. eric has taken paying gigs with alanis and garbage, which are really just that, but in something as creatively conceived as nin [or ja], its easy to see how he may not be happy to just show up and play what he's told. still, i could be 100% wrong and it could be precisely what he said and no more, or something totally different. in either event, to me its fine and respectable to put out the paragraph he posted and let it be left alone like that. privacy used to matter and be imposed/respected. now there's much less. and eric's entitled, like anyone is, to make a generic and classy statement and move on.

ahhh, but the irony. my guess is that this ends here because trent has music in mind and no matter if he's pissed, in some argument with eric, none of the above, he'll move on and make music. the pussies are perry and, i'm afraid, especially eric, for how they handled the prior breakup. they're all such gossippy bitches. which is why most any other band as great and influential and successful as they are have legions of fans, these putzes have us putzes - 40 or so music loving gossips who ourselves have moved on [except bman...hahaha...just joshing] but still like this ja board membership as a hobby - as their entire rabid fanbase. they've been prima donna bitches who aren't above giving a long interview to a rotund fan with a message board about how much they hate the other one.

i hope one day they find themselves gracefully aged to where they really do put it behind them, as roger and dave seem to have after all these years. it took roger stopping being such an angry cunt for that ice to break. but dave was always a prima donna who litigated and joined in the nasty public discourse too. [and he was the one with the wife who ended up in the band that kept the name.] maybe down the road, eric and perry will join together for a money tour [something that's obviously not below either of them] or a 'live eight' type thing, and come away from it realizing that the old fights just aren't worth fighting anymore.

i opened a restaurant with my best friend of 20 years some years ago. we did everything together in forming it and took two years during which we were together day and night, conceiving, building and opening a fucking fantastic place, which remains a fantastic place today, 10 years later. but about a year after we opened for business, we clashed, first on one thing and then on everything. eventually, about 7 years ago, we split up. one of us stayed and the other got bought out. although there was rancor in the split, ultimately the deal was pretty amicable and fair to both of us. and we moved on. except we haven't spoken for five years or so and probably never will again. and i regret that and i'm pretty sure he does too. but we didn't have it in us to get over it, i guess. shame on us.

and that there is a sad story for me. and while i won't deny that in my heart i think he is more wrong than i am, i also recognize that its ridiculous to think that i bear no blame. as much as they feud, perry and eric must both recognize that they both bear some blame for where they are, too. i tried to handle things in a classy way with my old friend but after all these years, i have to admit that we were both cunts with too much pride to let things go.

i recently heard phil collins say that he and peter gabriel are great friends. rod stewart said on howard stern this week that he and ronnie wood are great friends. perry and eric are a couple of twats. and janes' fans who might side with eric because he seems to have more artistic integrity on his post 1.0 resume, must (and in defense of most of us, usually do) recognize that they're both jerks.

sorry for the rant.

Juana

#40 Post by Juana » Wed May 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Janes isn't the only band like this though, anytime there's two main songwriters this is what eventually occurs. The difference is people like Perry/Tyler and Mick/Keith realize that sometimes you have to put the past behind you and keep it going to keep the machine rolling.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#41 Post by Hokahey » Wed May 15, 2013 8:49 pm

SR wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Twitter...

Did you?
Yes. 6767 covered a few. Its how I got all the free shit from them, and its why I ultimately sold it all and the site, which I regretted at one point and gave different reasons because I missed my VIP treatment. But again I remembered disliking being their puppet to get treats.

Tyler Durden

#42 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed May 15, 2013 8:52 pm

tubro wrote:a rotund fan
:lol:

Warped

#43 Post by Warped » Wed May 15, 2013 10:43 pm

tubro wrote: sorry for the rant.
I thought it was a good one.

CaseyContrarian

#44 Post by CaseyContrarian » Thu May 16, 2013 4:15 am

Where is Giraffe Tongue or whatever in all this?

If Eric tours with garbage ever again in my life, I will be pretty fucking annoyed.

trevor ayer

#45 Post by trevor ayer » Thu May 16, 2013 6:45 am

i for one am excited for the post nin break up interview with sonny!

i am pretty sure the fight was about trent wanting a copy of the 3 days poem but eric had promised feek he would never share it

realistically trent probably just gave eric douche chills .. plus ke$ha offered eric more money .. they are going to tour with rhianna .. eric and nuno are going to write and record backstage .. perry is gonna be way more jealous than he already is .. etty is learning bass cuz chaney is getting too expensive for the fairground circuit