New QOTSA Album Guests

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
kv

Re: New QOTSA Album Guests

#26 Post by kv » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:41 am

blackula

#27 Post by blackula » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm

kv wrote:
It's funny how much shit post My War stuff gets when there are actually really good songs like Black Coffee, Loose Nut, Best One Yet...etc. Yes, it's not Keith or Damaged, but they have an albums worth of post My War songs that are really good.

kv

#28 Post by kv » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 am

Yep

blackula

#29 Post by blackula » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

kv wrote:Yep
You ever hear the demos that was the My War session before the legal shit kept them from releasing any new music? Had that been the follow up to Damaged, as a five piece with Chuck and Dez, Rollins era would be viewed so much differently.

blackula

#30 Post by blackula » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:20 pm

blackula wrote:
kv wrote:Yep
You ever hear the My War demos they recorded before the legal shit kept them from releasing any new music? Had that been the follow up to Damaged, as a five piece with Chuck and Dez, Rollins era would be viewed so much differently.

kv

#31 Post by kv » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Yep, I am old but not old enough to be stuck up about og black flag keith vs Henry argument stuff...I like em both...I liked dez and Ron too :noclue: pretty much liked everything black flag did till 85ish...the demos are def rad but I was 12 then so wasn't caught up in the politics of the day...def liked early Kira and bill era... it's def cool there are the two takes of some war/slip songs...by that point in time punk (and the times) had changed so much people were pissed about everything anyone did...chuck biscuits was def rad...it's crazy how many amazing musicians played in black flag...I used to have a boot of this on cassette but I got rid off almost every cassette I owned once the internet showed up...

bottom line too young at the time to be concerned with their legacy...I saved those thoughts for later years bands like...well like janes :banghead:

Pandemonium

#32 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Josh Homme is getting some heat for apparently being a complete douchebag during their set at the KROQ Acoustic Christmas gig Friday. Along with spitting on audience members, cutting himself on his head, calling the audience and headliners Muse "morons," he clearly attempts a field goal kicking a photographer's camera into her face...

nausearockpig

#33 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 am

yeah his apology of "being caught up in the performance and kicking things all over the stage" doesn't cut the mustard. I'm tipping he was high on some shit and acted like a cunt. See the look on his face in the photos? Fucken psycho.

thoreau

#34 Post by thoreau » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 am

While still inexcusable, I'm too betting that he, based on this apology, was high on something and went apeshit.

Josh has past gotten to the point where he can't live full throttle on the road at all hours like he used to. From stories I've heard from this tour, it seems like everything came to a head that night.

Xizen47

#35 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:41 pm

nausearockpig wrote:yeah his apology of "being caught up in the performance and kicking things all over the stage" doesn't cut the mustard.
He apologized to who he needed to, mustard cut :noclue: