Girls (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Girls (HBO)

#101 Post by Hokahey » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:48 am

Christ.
Congratulations! You are most similar to:
Shoshanna
Social butterfly, talkative, avoids conflict
You are friendly, talkative, and a good friend-- but you hate conflict and generally try to avoid hurtful or tough situations.

Artemis

#102 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 am

I took the quiz but was too embarrassed to post my results. I got Hannah.. :neutral: :lol:

Yeah, so the finale was not bad. I'm glad Shoshana dumped Ray. The line where she said "I can't be the only thing you like." was very good.

Marnie is the worst cahracter, imo. Her skinnyness matches the character's lack of substance.

Hannah had some good lines. I think she made it quite clear that she is unable at this time to transition to an adult - the safety cushion is gone. She clearly expressed that she needs rescuing and Adam is the perfect one to do so. The shirtless rescue was very Harliquen Romance and pretty funny. Oh, and Hannah's message on Jessa's phone was difficult to endure. that scene actually made me cringe.

perkana

#103 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 pm

hokahey wrote:Christ.
Congratulations! You are most similar to:
Shoshanna
Social butterfly, talkative, avoids conflict
You are friendly, talkative, and a good friend-- but you hate conflict and generally try to avoid hurtful or tough situations.
Yay, another Shosh :gayfight:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#104 Post by Hokahey » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Artemis wrote:I'm glad Shoshana dumped Ray. The line where she said "I can't be the only thing you like." was very good.
Not me. I like Ray. I think Shoshana is too immature to appreciate why Ray is so jaded. But he was pretty awesome to her. I guess she'll have play time with the little boys and then realize what she had.

perkana

#105 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm

She is just too young, she lost her virginity to him but needs to have some fun, that's just my opinion. As much as like Ray, he needs to get his shit together. So does Adam, but I think he's just awesome

Romeo

#106 Post by Romeo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:53 pm

the VM Hannah left Jessa was epic!! :lol:

Artemis

#107 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:17 pm

perkana wrote:She is just too young, she lost her virginity to him but needs to have some fun, that's just my opinion. As much as like Ray, he needs to get his shit together. So does Adam, but I think he's just awesome
I feel the same way. I like Ray too, but not for Shoshana. She needs to experience some stuff for herself and date some other guys. Maybe in season 3 they'll hook up again.

chaos

#108 Post by chaos » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 pm

My favorite part of the finale was the breakup. I like Ray, but he acts as though he is doing Shoshanna some big favor by being with her since she gave up her virginity. I think he wants to be nice, but his claim that it is a big "responsibility" to take someone's virginity is something of an excuse since he is the one who has been pushing the relationship to a point that neither of them is ready for. He has made it pretty clear that although he cares for her on some level, he is only living with her because he has no where else to go. If you recall there was no discussion about his doing so (before the subway scene), he just assumed it would be okay if he never left. It seems as though he expects her to skip a stage in her development because she is immature, yet he subtly takes advantage of her immaturity. (I think it was a mature step on her part to break up with him since she realizes that she wants to be on more equal footing with someone). Ray has had the time and experiences to develop into a jaded person. If he truly wanted a more mature partner he would have one; however, I do not think he is ready to deal with any type of challenge since he is struggling to find himself.

kv

#109 Post by kv » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:53 pm

great just great
Hannah
Fun, creative, self absorbed

You have vast amounts of creative energy and can be great company. You are not necessarily selfish, but there are times when you feel the world revolves around you.

Artemis

#110 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:50 pm

kv wrote:great just great
Hannah

You have vast amounts of creative energy and can be great company. You are not necessarily selfish, but there are times when you feel the world revolves around you.
Care for a q tip? :lol:

perkana

#111 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 pm

kv wrote:great just great
Hannah

you totally are :lol: kidding :wink:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#112 Post by Hokahey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 am

chaos wrote:My favorite part of the finale was the breakup. I like Ray, but he acts as though he is doing Shoshanna some big favor by being with her since she gave up her virginity. I think he wants to be nice, but his claim that it is a big "responsibility" to take someone's virginity is something of an excuse since he is the one who has been pushing the relationship to a point that neither of them is ready for. He has made it pretty clear that although he cares for her on some level, he is only living with her because he has no where else to go. If you recall there was no discussion about his doing so (before the subway scene), he just assumed it would be okay if he never left. It seems as though he expects her to skip a stage in her development because she is immature, yet he subtly takes advantage of her immaturity. (I think it was a mature step on her part to break up with him since she realizes that she wants to be on more equal footing with someone). Ray has had the time and experiences to develop into a jaded person. If he truly wanted a more mature partner he would have one; however, I do not think he is ready to deal with any type of challenge since he is struggling to find himself.
Nice analysis.

And the fact that KV is a Hannah, and posted it none the less, has made my day.

Romeo

#113 Post by Romeo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 am

hokahey wrote:
chaos wrote:My favorite part of the finale was the breakup. I like Ray, but he acts as though he is doing Shoshanna some big favor by being with her since she gave up her virginity. I think he wants to be nice, but his claim that it is a big "responsibility" to take someone's virginity is something of an excuse since he is the one who has been pushing the relationship to a point that neither of them is ready for. He has made it pretty clear that although he cares for her on some level, he is only living with her because he has no where else to go. If you recall there was no discussion about his doing so (before the subway scene), he just assumed it would be okay if he never left. It seems as though he expects her to skip a stage in her development because she is immature, yet he subtly takes advantage of her immaturity. (I think it was a mature step on her part to break up with him since she realizes that she wants to be on more equal footing with someone). Ray has had the time and experiences to develop into a jaded person. If he truly wanted a more mature partner he would have one; however, I do not think he is ready to deal with any type of challenge since he is struggling to find himself.
Nice analysis.

:lolol:

chaos

#114 Post by chaos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Romeo wrote:
hokahey wrote:
:lolol:
:lol:

kv

#115 Post by kv » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:05 pm

i wear pink! ok just a couple shirts but stil!

Artemis

#116 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:21 am

The top 10 worst outfits on Girls.

Nearly every outfit Hannah wore was awful and unflattering.

http://www.hollywood.com/photos/tv/5500 ... its#891212

chaos

#117 Post by chaos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:11 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote: and it drives me fucking crazy how transparent it is that lena dunham writes the show to boost her own self esteem. how many times has hannah been told by a different guy how great, beautiful, or smart she is? it drives me up the wall!
Artemis wrote:The top 10 worst outfits on Girls.

Nearly every outfit Hannah wore was awful and unflattering.

http://www.hollywood.com/photos/tv/5500 ... its#891212
Hannah managed to land Patrick Wilson while wearing shorteralls.
Talk about a fantasy. :lol:

chaos

#118 Post by chaos » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:35 am

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/christopher-ab ... 30827.html

Christopher Abbott Exiting 'Girls,' Leaving Marnie Single Again

By Tim Molloy | The Wrap – 31 minutes ago

Christopher Abbott Exiting 'Girls,' Leaving Marnie Single Again

Sorry, Marnie: Christopher Abbott, the actor who plays your nice boyfriend on "Girls," is leaving. HBO confirmed a New York Post report Thursday that Abbott, who plays Charlie, the boyfriend of Allison Williams' character, Marnie, will not be back for Season 3 of Lena Dunham's acclaimed series. Isn't that just so typical. Marnie dumps Charlie, he gets rich with an app, totally takes her back, they have a big talk about how they want to have kids and grow old together, and then he decides not to come back for Season 3. Such a dude. HBO said he will not be back for any episodes, not even for some, I don't know -- closure? I mean, seriously, who does that.

The Post's gossip column, Page Six, cited anonymous sources who said the actor butted heads with Dunham as the series returned to production. A representative for Abbott, who also appeared in 2011's "Martha Marcy May Marlene," told the Post that the actor was grateful for the chance to work on "Girls" but was "working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show."

perkana

#119 Post by perkana » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Good! he and Marnie together make me want to barf (actually, separately too)

Hokahey
Site Admin

#120 Post by Hokahey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Weird. And if they were already in production they're going to have to re-write a lot of stuff.

farrellgirl99

#121 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:41 pm

hokahey wrote:Weird. And if they were already in production they're going to have to re-write a lot of stuff.
Yeah I wonder what storyline they're going to come up with thats not completely awkward and weird seeing that they wanted to getting married and have babies in the last episode.

They should just break the fourth wall and say something tongue in cheek like The Simpsons or something would do.

perkana

#122 Post by perkana » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:34 pm

...or maybe they use another actor? I remember when Roseanne's daughter Becky was played by Sarah Chalke and then the original one came back. They made jokes about how her appearance had changed

creep
Site Admin

#123 Post by creep » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:00 am

he was one of the least interesting characters anyway

kv

#124 Post by kv » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:08 am

lets be honest...lets hope they all walk away...show went downhill in a hurry

Pure Method

#125 Post by Pure Method » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 am

whatever, episode 1 season 3 opens in medias res with Marnia crying/gorging ice cream/at a club/with another man and presto: Charlie's gone.