Living Colour

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
SR

Re: Living Colour

#26 Post by SR » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:54 am

Artemis? :waits:

I have to think you missed their opening show last night in Toronto! :lol:

SR

#27 Post by SR » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:41 am

They just keep creepin up the ladder of my favorites of all time.

Lots of deep cuts last night....and some very new and different arrangements to many of them. The Ferguson murder was certainly on their mind this time as Fight The Fight was showcased and very recently put on the set list.

Corey went off in the intro to landlord. Absolutely possessed doing a gospel, field holler, call back style rant in every register he could manage (which is a very wide range)....he was on mic, off mic with the most inspired thing I have seen in a very long time.....the band, at first, amused, then electrified, simply stepped back in awe. I haven't seen a band become a fan of one of it's members in a show ever before.

They always do a meet and greet at the end of the shows. I always shy away from these, but last night I said fuck it. I approached Will (the drummer) and said hey, been a fan forever thing and asked for his sticks from the set, explaining my kiddo was a 2nd gen fan and a drummer at UCLA.....blah, blah, blah. He sent a tech to go get them and signed them for us and then stopped me as I was leaving to send my son his best. Nice, very nice.

blackcoffee

#28 Post by blackcoffee » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:27 pm

SR wrote:They just keep creepin up the ladder of my favorites of all time.

Lots of deep cuts last night....and some very new and different arrangements to many of them. The Ferguson murder was certainly on their mind this time as Fight The Fight was showcased and very recently put on the set list.

Corey went off in the intro to landlord. Absolutely possessed doing a gospel, field holler, call back style rant in every register he could manage (which is a very wide range)....he was on mic, off mic with the most inspired thing I have seen in a very long time.....the band, at first, amused, then electrified, simply stepped back in awe. I haven't seen a band become a fan of one of it's members in a show ever before.

They always do a meet and greet at the end of the shows. I always shy away from these, but last night I said fuck it. I approached Will (the drummer) and said hey, been a fan forever thing and asked for his sticks from the set, explaining my kiddo was a 2nd gen fan and a drummer at UCLA.....blah, blah, blah. He sent a tech to go get them and signed them for us and then stopped me as I was leaving to send my son his best. Nice, very nice.
:thumb:

Great share, SR. Thanks.

SR

#29 Post by SR » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:13 pm

And as a follow up to what I mentioned elsewhere about the old fucks in small sheds elsewhere, LC is playing:

May 24th @ Saint Rocke in Hermosa Beach

May 25th @ The Canyon in Agoura Hills

Never been much interest here, but just an FYI. Almost feel embarrassed to not mention them.

kv

#30 Post by kv » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Saint rocke is the site of the old Pitcher House...It's tiny

SR

#31 Post by SR » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:09 pm

kv wrote:Saint rocke is the site of the old Pitcher House...It's tiny
:rockon: , whoa it is. Just got tix....oddly my wife and kiddo want to go. Bday is the 26th, so I am sure that's part of the bride's inclination.....though that music is part of our history. She loves Jane's and LC in particular from that era. Her x didn't take her to Lolla 1 so I got a trip for 2; she was shell shocked by Ministry. :lol:

SR

#32 Post by SR » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:11 am

Yeah so, I know not too many LC fans here but I was going though some pix of a recent show and didn't recognize VR's guitar. Turns out it's a PRS Vela customized for him. Learned that and learned I don't know much about gear.....1/2 hour with Vernon. The technology is complex. Great tour of his set up

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/ ... mbish-2016

Juana

#33 Post by Juana » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:26 am

SR wrote:Yeah so, I know not too many LC fans here but I was going though some pix of a recent show and didn't recognize VR's guitar. Turns out it's a PRS Vela customized for him. Learned that and learned I don't know much about gear.....1/2 hour with Vernon. The technology is complex. Great tour of his set up

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/ ... mbish-2016
LOL he's been using PRS for a minute now

SR

#34 Post by SR » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 am

I'm by no means a gearhead....my mindseye has him playing a Hamer as recently as 5 or six years ago :noclue: This interview seems fairly recent and the tan PRS is his newest.....on the eye I prefer the blue one though....gorgeous guitar. The technology involved is amazing though....All the effects involved in the dials and pedals....the guitars itself is a fucking computer.....housing choruses, etc.

Juana

#35 Post by Juana » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:18 pm

SR wrote:I'm by no means a gearhead....my mindseye has him playing a Hamer as recently as 5 or six years ago :noclue: This interview seems fairly recent and the tan PRS is his newest.....on the eye I prefer the blue one though....gorgeous guitar. The technology involved is amazing though....All the effects involved in the dials and pedals....the guitars itself is a fucking computer.....housing choruses, etc.
He was endorsed by ESP and Hamer so he had to use them live, but he's been using PRS's since the late 90s

SR

#36 Post by SR » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Juana wrote:
SR wrote:I'm by no means a gearhead....my mindseye has him playing a Hamer as recently as 5 or six years ago :noclue: This interview seems fairly recent and the tan PRS is his newest.....on the eye I prefer the blue one though....gorgeous guitar. The technology involved is amazing though....All the effects involved in the dials and pedals....the guitars itself is a fucking computer.....housing choruses, etc.
He was endorsed by ESP and Hamer so he had to use them live, but he's been using PRS's since the late 90s
:lol: Ah, so there's that and where my memory resides. Parker too for a while I think.....This tan one he had specifically asked for a Floyd neck apparently and a 22 fret v neck....which he got some resistance on. :noclue:

Juana

#37 Post by Juana » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:16 pm

SR wrote:
Juana wrote:
:lol: Ah, so there's that and where my memory resides. Parker too for a while I think.....This tan one he had specifically asked for a Floyd neck apparently and a 22 fret v neck....which he got some resistance on. :noclue:
An old roommate of mine works for Rupert Neve and they know Paul since they're both industry giants and Paul is very particular on his guitars until he actually endorses someone, unlike Gibson and Fender (who have amazing luthiers) those are both owned by conglomerates Paul is still very much down in the weeds when it comes to design and still building guitars. I'm by no means a famous guitar player just a hobbiest and I had a purple Santana model made for me and it wasn't by him personally and even then there was push back until he saw the Neve people had ordered it. They say he is like the Steve Jobs of guitar building.

As for VR's guitar I watched that video and that rig is fucking amazing and then fell into a rabbit hole of rig run downs and ended up on Billy Gibbon's and then fell into a bottle of Jameson and watching a shit ton of live ZZ Top realizing BFG's greatness all over again.

SR

#38 Post by SR » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:23 pm

:lol: Yeah, LC are no giants, but have enormous cred in a lot of different circles so hearing he got that resistance surprised me.....now it makes sense. BG's is a monster.....He came out recently with a rich memorial of DA and his contributions over the decades as well.

SR

#39 Post by SR » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Took this a coupe of weeks ago....no idea why it comes up sideways :noclue:
VR.JPG
VR.JPG (117.18 KiB) Viewed 5821 times

Juana

#40 Post by Juana » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Nice, and yeah from the video when it comes to his gear he reminds me a lot of Brion (guitar player from Dan Reed Network) IE he loves his gear and loves playing but is still down to earth about everything.