Axl wearing Ritual shirt

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
nausearockpig

Axl wearing Ritual shirt

#1 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm

I was watching the gnr use your illusion 1 live DVD today and saw that during the intro to Double Talking Jive Axl is sporting a Ritual tour shirt. Then of course later in the same song he's got a different shirt on. Oh, and he's got those lovely shortie shorts on too. What the fuck were they all about?

Artemis

Re: Axl wearing Ritual shirt

#2 Post by Artemis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 pm

I liked the shortie shorts Axl period. :love:

nausearockpig

#3 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:30 pm

and that, I guess, is why he did it...

looks kinda ghey though, from a straight bloke's POV...

Artemis

#4 Post by Artemis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:34 pm

yeah, but what about all the spandex that was worn by all the other rock guys?

i think the spandex shortie shorts was Axl's homage to freddie mercury. seriously, i recall an interview with axl where he talks about how inspired he was by queen. he thought freddie was brilliant.

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 pm

nausearockpig wrote:I was watching the gnr use your illusion 1 live DVD today and saw that during the intro to Double Talking Jive Axl is sporting a Ritual tour shirt. Then of course later in the same song he's got a different shirt on. Oh, and he's got those lovely shortie shorts on too. What the fuck were they all about?
That live home video was culled from a couple nights in Tokyo which is why the clothes and I think guitars don't match in the middle of a few songs. If I recall, the '91 Illusions tour I saw GnR at before Izzy quit the band, Axl was wearing a kilt most of the show. Dude had zero dress sense that tour.

nausearockpig

#6 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:I was watching the gnr use your illusion 1 live DVD today and saw that during the intro to Double Talking Jive Axl is sporting a Ritual tour shirt. Then of course later in the same song he's got a different shirt on. Oh, and he's got those lovely shortie shorts on too. What the fuck were they all about?
That live home video was culled from a couple nights in Tokyo which is why the clothes and I think guitars don't match in the middle of a few songs. If I recall, the '91 Illusions tour I saw GnR at before Izzy quit the band, Axl was wearing a kilt most of the show. Dude had zero dress sense that tour.
which explains why he said that Bad Obsession was written by him, West Arkeen and "some guy who's name I can't quite place"... lol what a child....

SR

#7 Post by SR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:43 pm

He wore the rdlh shirt the entire show here in la on the uyi tour. He must have returned to Japan for it as he was over 3 hours late. Freak.

nausearockpig

#8 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:56 pm

SR wrote:He wore the rdlh shirt the entire show here in la on the uyi tour. He must have returned to Japan for it as he was over 3 hours late. Freak.
Lol he was prob trying to get some street cred.

SR

#9 Post by SR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
SR wrote:He wore the rdlh shirt the entire show here in la on the uyi tour. He must have returned to Japan for it as he was over 3 hours late. Freak.
I remember being surprised as the bands were openly contemptuous to each other. Not long after that dn was invited to join them.

Jasper

#10 Post by Jasper » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Axl is wearing a Ritual shirt in the official video for Don't Cry, while running around the roof of a skyscraper with Shannon Hoon.

Pandemonium

#11 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:47 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
He also frequently wore a NIN shirt during the 1st leg of the tour and I'm pretty sure the entire Pretty Hate Machine album was played before GnR came on (at least at the '91 show I saw) which of course further pissed off many of the already antsy metalheads waiting for GnR to start.

Mescal

#12 Post by Mescal » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 am

Artemis wrote:yeah, but what about all the spandex that was worn by all the other rock guys?

i think the spandex shortie shorts was Axl's homage to freddie mercury. seriously, i recall an interview with axl where he talks about how inspired he was by queen. he thought freddie was brilliant.
Freddie is/was brilliant. Period

kv

#13 Post by kv » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:18 am

Jasper wrote:Axl is wearing a Ritual shirt in the official video for Don't Cry, while running around the roof of a skyscraper with Shannon Hoon.

beat me to it...well i couldn't remember which video but knew he wore it in one