bruce springsteen

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.

fan?

yes
27%
no
73%

Total votes: 22

Larry B.

Re: bruce springsteen

#61 Post by Larry B. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

It's ok if you don't understand the intricacy of the human brain and how a fucked up life can distort things. Fucking kids, touching them or making them touch him wasn't how he coped with stuff. Surrounding himself with people who wouldn't judge him or try to steal money from him (i.e., kids) was.

Some times I feat that friends of relatives might thing I'm some kind of child molester. When I go to my brother's house or whenever I'm with my nephews, I spent 90% of my time with them (ages between 9 months and 10 years old.) It's a lot more comfortable for me than being surrounded by bullshitting adults talking about the most stupid crap you could hear. Seriously, why the fuck would I want to know about the food your grandma used to cook on Tuesdays? I'd rather hear how my niece felt when she held a pigeon between her hands or how my 10 year old nephew won the top goalscorer award in a football championship.

How many kids said Michael Jackson touched him? How many kids feared him? Zero. The kids who claimed Michael touched them (one? two?) later said it was all lies made up by their parents.

How many adults said MJ touched their children? How many adults used the N word when talking about him? How many adults mocked him because of his appearance?

American society is the problem. Not Michael Jackson.

Hype

#62 Post by Hype » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, also, there was clearly a bunch of stuff wrong with the guy even if he never molested anyone. The vitiligo/burns and facial surgeries have nothing to do with his actual freakiness, which imho is more to do with his stunted emotional and intellectual growth. There's a clear sense in which he was literally retarded --- failing to understand what was wrong with having kids in his bed even if he wasn't touching them is part of that.

kv

#63 Post by kv » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:05 pm

larry explain to me how a child identified key elements of jackson's genitals?

clickie

#64 Post by clickie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:19 pm

a big part of the whole hangin out with kids thing is because he missed out on having his own childhood.

Pandemonium

#65 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Larry B. wrote:If Hype ever is greatly respected by the academic world I could just sue him for touching my kids or whatever... it doesn't matter if there are no fucking proofs, if my case gets dismissed and even if Hype sues me back and wins. If my legal action gets enough publicity, Hype's reputation would be forever tainted. Nobody likes a guy being charged with child molestation, and the brain doesn't really seem to care whether it's true or not.
It doesn't help "the brain" if the parents get paid off to drop the charges or to keep their kid from testifying. And it especially makes one's head hurt when it happened again and again.

I knew this was gonna upset Larry. Good thing there's no Gary Glitter fans on this board.

Pandemonium

#66 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Larry B. wrote:American society is the problem. Not Michael Jackson.
Well, not any more.

kv

#67 Post by kv » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:32 pm

zing

Hype

#68 Post by Hype » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Good thing there's no Gary Glitter fans on this board.
As a Canadian, I like that one song.

perkana

#69 Post by perkana » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:18 am

Also a guy who gives underage kids "jesus juice" aka white wine is not right, and really as much as you admired someone, there were really hard evidence against him. I read articles (really good ones on Vanity Fair) and saw the inteview with the British guy. There wasn't anything right between him and the small kid. When I saw it, it was like watching a "couple".

Pandemonium

#70 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 am

Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello will replace long time E Street Band member Steve Van Zandt during a run of shows this Spring.

Press Release:

Since Stevie Van Zandt’s filming commitments to his highly successful television show Lilyhammer will keep him off stage for the upcoming Australian tour dates, Bruce Springsteen has invited Tom Morello to sit in temporarily on guitar. Following the Australian dates, Van Zandt will return to the tour in Oslo, Norway on April 29, 2013.

Tom Morello performed on multiple recordings from ‘Wrecking Ball’ (Jack of All Trades, This Depression), and recently joined Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band onstage for performances on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, at SXSW and for the legendary 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert. He has also joined the band on concert tour stops in NYC, Los Angeles and Chicago. Morello will perform at the 2013 MusiCares benefit gala honoring Bruce Springsteen.

A mainstay on Best Guitarist lists worldwide, Tom Morello AKA The Nightwatchman is also known for his outstanding work with Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave.

++++++++++++++

I guess that means "The Ghost Of Tom Joad" will be played every show.

SR

#71 Post by SR » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello will replace long time E Street Band member Steve Van Zandt during a run of shows this Spring.

Press Release:

Since Stevie Van Zandt’s filming commitments to his highly successful television show Lilyhammer will keep him off stage for the upcoming Australian tour dates, Bruce Springsteen has invited Tom Morello to sit in temporarily on guitar. Following the Australian dates, Van Zandt will return to the tour in Oslo, Norway on April 29, 2013.

Tom Morello performed on multiple recordings from ‘Wrecking Ball’ (Jack of All Trades, This Depression), and recently joined Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band onstage for performances on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, at SXSW and for the legendary 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert. He has also joined the band on concert tour stops in NYC, Los Angeles and Chicago. Morello will perform at the 2013 MusiCares benefit gala honoring Bruce Springsteen.

A mainstay on Best Guitarist lists worldwide, Tom Morello AKA The Nightwatchman is also known for his outstanding work with Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave.

++++++++++++++

I guess that means "The Ghost Of Tom Joad" will be played every show.
Nice! He's done with the southland though.

Pandemonium

#72 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 am

Pretty funny. Springsteen appeared on Jimmy Fallon's show (who's obviously a huge fan) to plug Springsteen's new album. They both dressed as Born in the USA-era Bruce and did a parody of the New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's traffic jam scandal to the tune of "Born To Run."

Hype

#73 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:10 am

I've been listening to really early Springsteen lately, and I've realized that he and Tom Waits are basically the same person, except one of them smoked and drank a lot more over the last few decades.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#74 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:04 pm

kv wrote:larry explain to me how a child identified key elements of jackson's genitals?
Link?

If there was actual evidence, MJ would have been in jail.

clickie

#75 Post by clickie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Not if MJ settled it by paying off the family about 20 million.

Pandemonium

#76 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:I've been listening to really early Springsteen lately, and I've realized that he and Tom Waits are basically the same person, except one of them smoked and drank a lot more over the last few decades.
I think Waits has aged much better and retains an edge (primarily for the things you cite) more than Springsteen has. The overproduced, almost rote "we can do it" anthem style a vast percentage of Springsteen's music has since his Lucky Town/Human Touch albums in the early 90's always makes it tough for me to get into his latest release. I was hoping his new album "High Hopes" would at least feature a lot more exotic, edgy sound due to Tom Morello being heavily involved but that didn't turn out to be the case. At least he still brings it live.

kv

#77 Post by kv » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:25 am

clickie wrote:Not if MJ settled it by paying off the family about 20 million.
bingo

here is your link hoka...i know the kids lawyer he told me straight up he was "guilty as sin"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_child ... el_Jackson

Xizen47

#78 Post by Xizen47 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:45 am

hokahey wrote:If there was actual evidence, MJ would have been in jail.
You think people with that much money go to jail? :crazy:

Hype

#79 Post by Hype » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:11 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:I've been listening to really early Springsteen lately, and I've realized that he and Tom Waits are basically the same person, except one of them smoked and drank a lot more over the last few decades.
I think Waits has aged much better and retains an edge (primarily for the things you cite) more than Springsteen has. The overproduced, almost rote "we can do it" anthem style a vast percentage of Springsteen's music has since his Lucky Town/Human Touch albums in the early 90's always makes it tough for me to get into his latest release. I was hoping his new album "High Hopes" would at least feature a lot more exotic, edgy sound due to Tom Morello being heavily involved but that didn't turn out to be the case. At least he still brings it live.
I agree, but I guess I just find the similarities so odd because Waits is extremely weird as a human and vocalist, and The Boss is basically America.

Pandemonium

#80 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:45 pm

Here's something you don't see every day. Springsteen covering AC/DC:

Pandemonium

#81 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Springsteen pulling out some really odd one-off covers this tour:

nausearockpig

#82 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:13 am

A mate of mine is going to all the shows on the australian and New Zealand tour leg. He's a taper so if you see any Roman79 recordings they will be of a good quality.

Pandemonium

#83 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:04 pm

nausearockpig wrote:A mate of mine is going to all the shows on the australian and New Zealand tour leg. He's a taper so if you see any Roman79 recordings they will be of a good quality.
Are they video recordings or audio? Starting this year, Springsteen is making every show available as a audio soundboard download. Torrent sites like Dime won't carry shows that have an official release by the artist.:

http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi ... SPWEBWWUSD

nausearockpig

#84 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:21 am

Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:A mate of mine is going to all the shows on the australian and New Zealand tour leg. He's a taper so if you see any Roman79 recordings they will be of a good quality.
Are they video recordings or audio? Starting this year, Springsteen is making every show available as a audio soundboard download. Torrent sites like Dime won't carry shows that have an official release by the artist.:

http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi ... SPWEBWWUSD
It's audio. Didn't know that, but I'll let him know. If anyone wants any of the shows, let me know and I'll see about hooking you up.

tvrec

#85 Post by tvrec » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:13 pm