chordify

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
krakle

chordify

#1 Post by krakle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 am

http://chordify.net/

some guys I know developed this online tool, where you can enter a youtube/soundcloud URL or mp3 file and it will get you the chords of the song in a matter of seconds. it works better for your standard pop/rock songs (4/4 measure) and it won't transcribe solos or anything, but still it's pretty neat.
I'd say it's meant for starters on guitar, who want to have the chords of their favourite tune but are too lazy or inexperienced to find them out theirselves. but even for the more experienced players it might offer a good starting point for transcriptions.

some of you might be interested.

clickie

Re: chordify

#2 Post by clickie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:32 am

chordiliscious :thumb:

Does it work 100% of the time?

krakle

#3 Post by krakle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:56 am

clickie wrote:chordiliscious :thumb:

Does it work 100% of the time?
well, I think it does. but the outcome doesn't have to be accurate. :wink:
surely you can enter the weirdest noise, and granted it will come up with something. I'd say give it a try. they're still improving it so I'm sure they'll be pleased with any kind of feedback.

clickie

#4 Post by clickie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:05 am

I wouldve gave it a try already but I'm browsing from PS3 and ever since I downloaded the last PS3 update, streaming video and youtube are just a white screen.

Essence_Smith

#5 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 pm

They're just gonna make it so ya don't even have to touch the guitar to play it one say... :lol:

I have no problems with little tools like these, and I will be trying this, but its also good to develop your ears by trying to transcribe and figure out chord progressions by PLAYING...I absolutely dig that there are things like lessons on youtube, etc which I'd have loved as a kid, but imo somethings are just better to rock with the old school way...if you really wanna play you're gonna sit with it anyway and I definitely learned more just putzing around trying to figure out things on my own than being spoon fed via tablature, etc...just sayin...

Thanks for the heads up krakle :wave: