Jeff Lynne

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Pandemonium

Jeff Lynne

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Watched this documentary/promo earlier this week on Jeff Lynne, who used to be the singer/guitarist/songwriter for the Electric Light Orchestra in the 70's and early 80's and later became a well known producer for guys like George Harrison, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty. Definitely one of those musicians/producers with an almost instantly recognizable style and sound. The Documentary is a little dry but I found it interesting how his house is basically one big multi-room studio and even though he's been kind of retired, he still lives and breathes (pop) music. This long clip seems to be some out takes from what I saw. The bit near the end about perpetual stoner Joe Walsh talking about trying to get Lynne "tweaked" is pretty funny:

sinep

Re: Jeff Lynne

#2 Post by sinep » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Electric Light Orchestra
George Harrison
Roy Orbison
Tom Petty
Joe Walsh
it would be difficult for me to compile a list of artists i find as uninteresting as everybody you've mentioned in this post.

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 am

sinep wrote:
George Harrison
Roy Orbison
Tom Petty
Joe Walsh
it would be difficult for me to compile a list of artists i find as uninteresting as everybody you've mentioned in this post.
Radiohead.

Japhy

#4 Post by Japhy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
sinep wrote:
George Harrison
Roy Orbison
Tom Petty
Joe Walsh
Radiohead.
is the correct answer.