axl

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
nausearockpig

Re: axl

#26 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Juana wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:I know its easy to say & a tough position for Slash and co to be in, but the other original members are to blame for Axl being able to cash in off the name...they caved in and signed over their rights to it years ago ensuring that Axl would always be able to cash in and basically set him up for life off a tantrum and threats he made...
Yeah, I never understood why they didn't just outnumber him and fire his ass in the early 90s (or just disband without relinquishing control).
He threatened to not do the Illusion tours
I'm familiar with the bend's history. My point is, when Axl tried to basically blackmail the rest of the band, why didn't they say "fuck you" and fire him or take him to court?
I can't imagine GnR with someone other than Axl as the vocalist would be very successful... and we know how well a band that has conflict between members goes.....

all adds up to a fuckin' situation....
I agree that obviously Axl was an integral part of GNR...but given what he was trying to do to the rest of the band, I am dumbfounded that they let him completely take over things on paper. Reminds me of what happened with a certain other band. :lol:
If only the rest of them could see how important they were to the gnr sound & song quality... listen to Chinese Democracy.. OMFG... .

Pandemonium

#27 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Essence_Smith

#28 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:00 am

:lolol:
dude is like the Susan Boyle of hard rock...