TV shows - your ratings

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Mescal

Re: TV shows - your ratings

#51 Post by Mescal » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 pm

creep wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:How do people get so much time to watch TV? :conf:
no kids...

i watch usually between 7-10 every night M-F until i fall asleep. what else am i supposed to do? read???
This comment really struck me.

What's wrong with reading.

I remember a quote from the, I believe cigarette smoking man in the X-files (the irony, I know)

"I'd rather reed the worst book ever written than watch the best movie ever made"

I wouldn't take it that far. But I like to read.

And if I ever watch a movie based on a book I read, the book is way better

sinep

#52 Post by sinep » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 am

I JUST FINISHED THE FIRST SEASON OF PORTLANDIA AND I REALLY EJOYED IT.

creep
Site Admin

#53 Post by creep » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:31 am

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Pure Method wrote:if you're watching Louie for the laughs, you're doing it all wrong
Yup - Louie's a drama about a comedian. The opinion of fans is that it keeps getting better. The third season was the best by far. Posey & Lynch. :nod:
that's ridiculous. good for you guys for not finding louie funny.
I didn't say Louie isn't funny or that the show isn't funny, but it's beyond being any kind of simple comedy show. It's outgrown that definition. Curb Your Enthusiasm is a straight comedy. Both shows are loosely based on their respective stars' lives, but they take totally different approaches.
i know but the show fails if there is no comedy in an episode. did you enjoy the episode where louie went to florida and made a friend? i still really liked this season but i thought the other seasons were better. i think that is a natural thing with me and tv shows though. i slowly start to get bored after the first season. it's like dating the same girl for too long.

creep
Site Admin

#54 Post by creep » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:36 am

Mescal wrote:
creep wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:How do people get so much time to watch TV? :conf:
no kids...

i watch usually between 7-10 every night M-F until i fall asleep. what else am i supposed to do? read???
This comment really struck me.

What's wrong with reading.

I remember a quote from the, I believe cigarette smoking man in the X-files (the irony, I know)

"I'd rather reed the worst book ever written than watch the best movie ever made"

I wouldn't take it that far. But I like to read.

And if I ever watch a movie based on a book I read, the book is way better
i was joking. i wish i read more and i have a bunch of books just waiting. i just don't like reading at night because reading puts me to sleep right away. i fall asleep very easily and i like to stay up as late as possible. :noclue: